Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: BREAKING: Steve Kerr to be head coach of GOLDEN STATE

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Kerr is clearly intelligent and knows basketball. People here seriously think teams should instead hire any bozo who got a token assistant job as "big mens coach" for a team because he was a former player, just so they can say they got someone "with experience"???

Smh
    no one cares that you try so hard to be controversial you loser. go f.uck your fat mom homo

Stephen Kerry

Not sure how to feel, he better be ****ing good.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    SVG shits on him violently.

As a candidate, of course he does. Nobody has seen Kerr coach and nobody here was in the interview. Stan Van is proven.

That doesnt mean Kerr isnt ACTUALLY a good coach or not. Nobody knows yet. Also, the effect of coaches on wins and losses gets drastically overrated.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Steve Kerr is a 5 time NBA champion and has a great chance of succeeding as a coach. I hope he does.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Kerr is clearly intelligent and knows basketball. People here seriously think teams should instead hire any bozo who got a token assistant job as "big mens coach" for a team because he was a former player, just so they can say they got someone "with experience"???

Smh
    This.

I know Mark Jackson had success with the Warriors, but I was shocked when he was hired, when he was calling games all you heard him say with M. Breen & JVG was "Mama there goes that man", "Hand down, man down". Kerr is clearly more intelligent than M. Jackson, the question is if he can earn the players respect.

Banned

Maybe Kerr was never Phil's preferred choice and he just promoted Kerr publicly so that the Warriors & Pistons got their Head Coach positions filled quickly so that our real candidate could not be pursued by others? Teams do have a history of poaching our picks etc. Half troll post.

Banned

Smh
    You would probably lick horse shit off a maple syrup bottle if it was the indie and contrarian thing to do.

I usually hit open layups

What about Lionel Hollins?

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    You would probably lick horse shit off a maple syrup bottle if it was the indie and contrarian thing to do.

Yeah, and?

It can be viewed as puzzling as to why GS would hire another coach with no experience straight from the TV analyst booth once again. It's known that Kerr has a close relationship with someone in the GS front (either the GM or owner, I can't remember), so it's not a really surprise.

Plus, factor in that in GS has the superior roster, and upside, and that he wanted to stay in cali, this was a no brainer for Kerr.

No doubt Kerr used the Knicks offer as leverage. The NY sports media will be salty over this, especially if he did verbally accept an offer.

This is a risky move by GS, and think they would have been better off going with an experienced coach.

Krust Kingz

I didnt mind Kerr initially I just hated the fact the Knicks had no other candidates. That annoyed me and the loligagging pissed me off. Glad he isnt part of the Knicks no more getting strong armed and overpaying!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    This.

I know Mark Jackson had success with the Warriors, but I was shocked when he was hired, when he was calling games all you heard him say with M. Breen & JVG was "Mama there goes that man", "Hand down, man down". Kerr is clearly more intelligent than M. Jackson, the question is if he can earn the players respect.

Yeah lol...my impression of Mark Jackson was that he was an idiot during his commentary tenure. Frankly I don't even think he's that good of a coach. Don't get me wrong... I don't think he should have been fired by his performance (it was all politics), but lets not act like the Warriors weren't a supremely talented team. i'm curious to see if he would have been fired if Bogut (the teams defensive anchor) never got injured and they made a long run in the playoffs. He probably would have as the front office despised him, but it would be interesting because I don' think the Clippers would have beaten the Warriors with Bogut on the court.

Very good NBA starter

kerr seems too nice and laid back to coach in the nba. but maybe that's what the warriors want because mark jackson was the very opposite of nice.