Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Triumph in a 7 games series against this 5 without using any of them:

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Shaq
    Duncan
    Durant
    Wade
    LeBron

dammit this was mine...

Decent playground baller Carter_17's Avatar

Default Re: Triumph in a 7 games series against this 5 without using any of them:

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    All Prime:

Bill Russel
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    Scottie Pippen
    Michael Jordan
    Magic Johnson

Wilt
    Le bron
    Durant
    Kobe
    Penny

Easy:

Shaq at center, who would be guarded by Kareem. Shaq also guards him.

Dirk at pf, who would be guarded by Russell. Dirk would also guard Russell.

Durant at sf, who would guard Pippen. Durant would also be guarded by Pippen(the fouls being called on him would be hilarious).

Ray Allen at sg, who would be guarded by Jordan. Allen would also guard Jordan.

LeBron at pg, who would be guarded by Magic. LeBron would also guard Magic.

Basically, Shaq and LeBron(who is also a high percentage spot up 3-point shooter) are surrounded by the greatest shooters are their position. Shaq posting up skinny KAJ and being able to kick out to Allen, Durant or Dirk? LeBron driving and being able to kick out the them too?

The problem in your line up is Russell, who as good defensively as he was, would kill the spacing and be the only non all-star offensively. So you are playing 4 on 5 offensively against Shaq, Dirk, Durant, Allen and LeBron in their prime.

Night night.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Hakeem
    Duncan
    Bird
    Ray
    Lebron

Front court advantage to me because neither of my guys is an offensive liability like Russel. Both GOAT level 2-way players.

Bird one of 2 greatest SF in history, and the other one's on my team too, Pippen can bother Bird but Bird's swag is too much.

You had the advantage of picking first and got MJ, but Ray along with Bird provides the outside threat which your team has none to speak of LOL at your team's spacing.

Bron beasts on Magic on offense and has a great chance of slowing him down on the other end, whether on the perimeter or down in the post

I win, by a landslide, because I have the much greater TEAM.

Dream
    Lebron
    Bird
    Durant
    Gary Payton

2-4 are interchangeable at the positions.

Considered putting kg at the 4 and Lebron at the 3 as well. Either way that lineup has size, rebounding, insane athleticism for the size, passing, and d
    Last edited by raiderfan19; 05-13-2014 at 10:49 PM.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    but lebron is not PG
    jordan is better than kobe
    pippen locks bird
    wilt vs kareem...mmm...
    and russel is the goat defensive C.

im winning 4-1
    Lol Jordan cancels out Kobe because he's better yet Pippen locks down Bird even tho Bird is better

Follow your own logic..

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Lol Jordan cancels out Kobe because he's better yet Pippen locks down Bird even tho Bird is better

Follow your own logic..
    pippen is the greatest perimeter defender ever....and bird is slow...

jordan is too much for kobe...ita really simple...jordan is the GOAT SG

Monta Ellis.

Nikka have it all.

I think this team wins.

Lebron James
    Kobe Bryant
    Larry Bird
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    Shaquille O'Neal

Lebron = Magic
    Kobe < MJ
    Bird > Pippen
    Hakeem = Kareem
    Shaq > Russell

The only clear-cut advantage for OP's team is MJ > Kobe. And it's not that huge of an advantage. I honestly think peak Kobe is anywhere from 90-95% of peak MJ. On his level on his best days.

As an overall basketball player you could make the case for Lebron > Magic or vice versa, so there's no clear advantage there. Magic is obviously the better the floor general and passer/playmaker, but Lebron is a far better scorer and defender. He's a more complete player on both ends of the floor, and you could argue that with guys as dominant/skilled as Kobe/Bird/Hakeem/Shaq, that extra passing ability Magic provides doesn't quite compensate for Lebron's advantage in scoring and defense.

Bird > Pippen, and it's not even close. And that's the correct usage of "and it's not even close", if there ever was one.

I think Hakeem v Kareem is just about an even matchup. Especially considering that Kareem would be playing a bit out of position, while you could argue Hakeem's natural position is PF. I think they neutralize each other.

I respect the hell out of Bill Russell, but there's absolutely NOTHING he's doing against peak Shaq circa 2000. Considering that the vast majority of his impact comes defensively and he can't stop Shaq, he's the weak link on that team (aside from Scottie of course).

Where this really comes down to is the MJ-Kobe gap and Russell-Shaq gap. I think the gap between Shaq's unstoppable offensive impact and Russell's capabilities defensively is far greater than the difference between peak MJ and peak Kobe. Obviously MJ > Kobe, but it's really not as big a gap as people make it out to be. Every other matchup is either neutralized or an advantage for my team.

Ish ROY 2014

PG: Bob Cousy

SG: Hal Greer

SF: Elgin Baylor

PF: Jerry Lucas

C: George Mikan

/ethered

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I think this team wins.

Lebron James
    Kobe Bryant
    Larry Bird
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    Shaquille O'Neal

Lebron = Magic
    Kobe < MJ
    Bird > Pippen
    Hakeem = Kareem
    Shaq > Russell

The only clear-cut advantage for OP's team is MJ > Kobe. And it's not that huge of an advantage. I honestly think peak Kobe is anywhere from 90-95% of peak MJ. On his level on his best days.

As an overall basketball player you could make the case for Lebron > Magic or vice versa, so there's no clear advantage there. Magic is obviously the better the floor general and passer/playmaker, but Lebron is a far better scorer and defender. He's a more complete player on both ends of the floor, and you could argue that with guys as dominant/skilled as Kobe/Bird/Hakeem/Shaq, that extra passing ability Magic provides doesn't quite compensate for Lebron's advantage in scoring and defense.

Bird > Pippen, and it's not even close. And that's the correct usage of "and it's not even close", if there ever was one.

I think Hakeem v Kareem is just about an even matchup. Especially considering that Kareem would be playing a bit out of position, while you could argue Hakeem's natural position is PF. I think they neutralize each other.

I respect the hell out of Bill Russell, but there's absolutely NOTHING he's doing against peak Shaq circa 2000. Considering that the vast majority of his impact comes defensively and he can't stop Shaq, he's the weak link on that team (aside from Scottie of course).

Where this really comes down to is the MJ-Kobe gap and Russell-Shaq gap. I think the gap between Shaq's unstoppable offensive impact and Russell's capabilities defensively is far greater than the difference between peak MJ and peak Kobe. Obviously MJ > Kobe, but it's really not as big a gap as people make it out to be. Every other matchup is either neutralized or an advantage for my team.
    Notice how similar our teams are? The only difference is Hakeem vs. Wilt. Milbuck = genius. Prometheus = genius. OP = f[COLOR="Black"]aggot[/COLOR].