Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony

Banned

Default Carmelo Anthony

It seems like most people have widely different opinions on him. Either he's overrated or underrated, depending on who you ask. If you had to choose between the two extremes, which would you say he fits?

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    It seems like most people have widely different opinions on him. Either he's overrated or underrated, depending on who you ask. If you had to choose between the two extremes, which would you say he fits?
    Underrated. He isn't trash or cancerous as people seem to think. He tried his heart out with the Knicks this year. He is a limited player but should be top 5 no question. Offensively he is a powerhouse and he had good rebounding and decent defence in a pinch. He could lead a team to a chip

Put him on that Bulls team next year and that team is a legit contender.

In fact they might even win a championship. If Lebron threepeats with Miami, I don't see us winning a 4th consecutive chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Put him on that Bulls team next year and that team is a legit contender.

In fact they might even win a championship. If Lebron threepeats with Miami, I don't see us winning a 4th consecutive chip.
    I think Lebron might leave to join Melo in the bulls
    #all for the rings
    #loyalty to the highest bidder
    #More rings then MJ

Wade will retire and Melo will sign with the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding
    Wade will retire and Melo will sign with the Heat.
    Wade will resign for 8 million a year and then Melo will sign with the Heat
    #stackedforrings
    #4superstars
    #WeakestConferrenceSinceRussell

Underrated, by far.

Anyone who's watched the Knicks this season could see that that team was complete and utter shit. Not just in composition - it went far beyond just the roster itself. The guys just did not play with effort. There was far too much off-court bullshit and on-court apathy. They gave up on Woodson, who wasn't that good of a coach to begin with. Melo was the one diving on the floor for loose balls, the one busting his ass day in and day out...while the Spurs are out there resting their stars for key games, playing them 20-25 minutes, etc. Of course not everyone can be San Antonio, but is it so much to ask for guys to play like they give a shit? And as usual, Melo gets ripped for it.

The worst part is that about half of those idiots who shout "chucker" and "selfish" when talking about him are gonna be claiming to have always been a fan if/when he's with Chicago and winning next year.

I sincerely hope he goes to the Bulls to play for Thibodeau, with Noah, Rose, Taj, Butler, etc. The Bulls are everything that Melo needs around him to succeed. They're a highly intelligent, unselfish, defense-oriented team with incredible toughness and resilience. They all work hard and carry themselves like winners. Literally the only thing they need is that go-to guy to score. Not really a passer, a pure SCORER who can put the ball in the basket. It doesn't get closer to perfect than that for Melo.

They'll have Rose next year as well, who I think will be a star again. Honestly at the very worst I think he'll be a Ty Lawson-level player, which is still far and away a better offensive player than anyone the Bulls have currently...and they still almost got 50 wins this year.

With Rose back, adding Melo, shedding Boozer and maintaining their core, they could potentially have:

Rose/Augustin/Hinrich
    Butler/Hinrich/Snell
    Melo/Butler/Snell
    Taj/Melo/Vet min
    Noah/Smith/vet min

Coached by Tom Thibodeau. That's a championship caliber team, and arguably the best starting 5 in the league. Certainly THE best if Rose comes back at 80-85% of MVP Rose. You have 3 defensive studs and 2 offensive studs in the starting 5. Sufficient depth once they fill out the roster.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

HIGHLY underrated. Melo has career averages of 25/7/3 on 46% shooting. That's a marginally better percentage than Kobe's career percentage, yet Melo is considered a "chucking loser" because he hasn't won a ring.

underrated A LOT

only cause he didn't have the luxury of getting a riley phone call

Melo iz tha most underrated player on dis board and he

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    underrated A LOT

Tell em.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    underrated A LOT

Inb4 "Is her good? Can Miami get him?"

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Underrated, by far.

Anyone who's watched the Knicks this season could see that that team was complete and utter shit. Not just in composition - it went far beyond just the roster itself. The guys just did not play with effort. There was far too much off-court bullshit and on-court apathy. They gave up on Woodson, who wasn't that good of a coach to begin with. Melo was the one diving on the floor for loose balls, the one busting his ass day in and day out...while the Spurs are out there resting their stars for key games, playing them 20-25 minutes, etc. Of course not everyone can be San Antonio, but is it so much to ask for guys to play like they give a shit? And as usual, Melo gets ripped for it.

The worst part is that about half of those idiots who shout "chucker" and "selfish" when talking about him are gonna be claiming to have always been a fan if/when he's with Chicago and winning next year.

I sincerely hope he goes to the Bulls to play for Thibodeau, with Noah, Rose, Taj, Butler, etc. The Bulls are everything that Melo needs around him to succeed. They're a highly intelligent, unselfish, defense-oriented team with incredible toughness and resilience. They all work hard and carry themselves like winners. Literally the only thing they need is that go-to guy to score. Not really a passer, a pure SCORER who can put the ball in the basket. It doesn't get closer to perfect than that for Melo.

They'll have Rose next year as well, who I think will be a star again. Honestly at the very worst I think he'll be a Ty Lawson-level player, which is still far and away a better offensive player than anyone the Bulls have currently...and they still almost got 50 wins this year.

With Rose back, adding Melo, shedding Boozer and maintaining their core, they could potentially have:

Rose/Augustin/Hinrich
    Butler/Hinrich/Snell
    Melo/Butler/Snell
    Taj/Melo/Vet min
    Noah/Smith/vet min

Coached by Tom Thibodeau. That's a championship caliber team, and arguably the best starting 5 in the league. Certainly THE best if Rose comes back at 80-85% of MVP Rose. You have 3 defensive studs and 2 offensive studs in the starting 5. Sufficient depth once they fill out the roster.
    Well what do you know, Milbuck actually posted something knowledgable instead of trolling.
    Anyways, I feel he tends to get underrated because of the team he has played for. He needs to be put in the right situation.

To be honest, I don't know. This Knicks team was utter shit. I think it'll become apparent in the next couple years, especially if he joins the Bulls. I think he stays in NY though.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Melo is the best scorer in the game