Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron is the second best perimeter player of alltime

Lebron could literally just become a PG in his later years. Nothing is stopping him. He is one of the best passers in the league already.

easily.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Lebron is ROUGHLY just halfway through his career. He is in his eleventh season at 29 years old. It's not a stretch at all to say he will play 9 or 10 more years and retire in his late 30's. And even when he does fall out of his prime and peak, he can still be an All-Star caliber player. MANY LEGENDS were still very good players among the top 8-10 at their position in their late 30's. And Lebron is a freak nature-high IQ combination we have never seen before. WHO IN THE HELL SAID HE WOULD BE DOMINATING AT 38 LIKE HE WAS WHEN HE WAS 28! LOL But then again, Kareem won a Finals MVP at 38 years of age!! MJ moved to SF and was getting 23 points, 6 boards, and 5 dimes at 38! Mailman was getting 22 points and 8 boards at 38 years of age. Those are flat our All-Star kind of numbers in ANY season. Out of peak and prime DOESN'T mean u aren't still among the best! It's different for every player!
    I know many legends played at a high level well into their 30s but that's the exception, not the rule. LeBron started at the highest level at 18, he's gonna have a TON of mileage by his mid 30s, let alone late 30s. Anyways, LeBron might not even want to stick around a la Shaq, it was just sad watching one of the most dominant forces in basketball struggling to get 10 pts a game in his last pro years. TBH, Shaq was kind of lazy, he might've been able to stretch his peak years a bit more had he worked harder in the off season.

All I'm saying is playing at a high level in your late 30s is not a guarantee, LeBron's moment to set his legacy is these years.

College superstar

individually, lebron = arguably the greatest ever....just needs the accolades to cement himself.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    He has to operate more in the post than ever and chances are he'll end up at a different position later into his career. He's out of highschool and has played a LOT of ball along the years. Multiple deep playoff runs, carrying big loads for teams and Olympic appearances are going to show themselves sooner or later.
    I agree with u no doubt. But the fact remains Lebron has damn near another 9-10 years left to play if he wants it. That's why I stated earlier he's ROUGHLY only halfway through his career. If he declines or has to change positions, who CARES! He's only 29 and I REALIZE he came in the L outta high school. The point I was making was the fact that there is also precedence for the great ones to still be amongst the best at their positions even in their late 30's. Or at least still be a very valuable contributor (think Nique at 37 averaging 18 points of the bench for the Spurs). Whoever said Bron was never gonna slow down? And Bron is such a freak that he may CHOOSE to redefine age in the NBA!

LeBron could kick anyone's ass but Father Time's, that son of a bitch will eventually win
    Last edited by TheMan; 05-09-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    He has to operate more in the post than ever and chances are he'll end up at a different position later into his career. He's out of highschool and has played a LOT of ball along the years. Multiple deep playoff runs, carrying big loads for teams and Olympic appearances are going to show themselves sooner or later.
    That is true, he has played a ton of minutes. He is not injury prone like most other players though. I don't know the stats off hand, but I would assume that for 11 year career starters he would be in the top 5 in games played, possibly number 1 for minutes played. The players I am thinking about all had big injuries, except KAJ (at least to my knowledge). If you include playoffs I would be shocked if he wasn't the minutes leader through 11 seasons.

So I do agree with you, in part. We have never seen a guy quite like James though. For all we know in 5 years he will be retired, or he could be a pg, or a pf, or he could still be playing sf. I see pf as most likely, but I know he likes playing pg, so who knows.

Serious playground baller

OP used to be lovable?

ps: kindly remove spike's avatar from your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I agree with u no doubt. But the fact remains Lebron has damn near another 9-10 years left to play if he wants it. That's why I stated earlier he's ROUGHLY only halfway through his career. If he declines or has to change positions, who CARES! He's only 29 and I REALIZE he came in the L outta high school. The point I was making was the fact that there is also precedence for the great ones to still be amongst the best at their positions even in their late 30's. Or at least still be a very valuable contributor (think Nique at 37 averaging 18 points of the bench for the Spurs). Whoever said Bron was never gonna slow down? And Bron is such a freak that he may CHOOSE to redefine age in the NBA!
    I dont know man, the same could have probably been said of Kobe at age 29.

Many thought Kobe could be capable of playing at a high level in his late 30's too. Kobe had the rep of taking care of himself very well, but father-time eventually caught up with him. Now, who knows?! Many think it's over for Kobe!

But what happened to Kobe could easily happen to Lebron. Kobe hit his 30's, and the team around him began to deteriorate faster than he did. Kobe then (ill-advised) put more on his shoulders, and eventually his body couldn't handle it anymore.

Now say LeBron decides to stick around South Beach long-term, and his teammates begin to deteriorate just like Kobe's did. Lebron then could suffer the same fate.

Not to saying that it will happen to LeBron, but athletes always decline, and teammates always get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by NASH = BEST

Many thought Kobe could be capable of playing at a high level in his late 30's too. Kobe had the rep of taking care of himself very well, but father-time eventually caught up with him. Now, who knows?! Many think it's over for Kobe!

But what happened to Kobe could easily happen to Lebron. Kobe hit his 30's, and the team around him began to deteriorate faster than he did. Kobe then (ill-advised) put more on his shoulders, and eventually his body couldn't handle it anymore.

Now say LeBron decides to stick around South Beach long-term, and his teammates begin to deteriorate just like Kobe's did. Lebron then could suffer the same fate.

Not to saying that it will happen to LeBron, but athletes always decline, and teammates always get worse.
    I agree! Of course its a crap shoot and it could go either way. But let's say at the LEAST he was playing similar to how Magic was at 36. And getting 15 points, 7 dimes, and 6 boards. How many players in the L TODAY or then are getting those kind of all around numbers? And of course Magic was outta his prime and was primarily a PF-SF.

Another thing about Lebron, Magic, or a Bird for that is they are MUCH BIGGER than Kobe. So they can move up front and create mismatches at the PF. Those three are WAY more skilled than most PF's. Bird could be the ultimate stretch PF combined with the best passing from a stationery position arguably ever. Bron and Magic have the handles and vision to cause headaches for a PF. So in a sense, Bron, Magic, and Bird have a versatility the guys like Big O, West, MJ, Kobe, Hondo, Dr. J, Baylor, Barry, etc. can't match.

2009 finals iz still haunting you huh? probaly made you pee in tha bed squeezin your gay ass teddy after huh?

second best on the perimeter player on the Heat

Quote Originally Posted by NASH = BEST

If LeBron is putting up 27ppg at 34 years old, he should shatter the NBA scoring record, obviously bar injuries.