Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Wade + CP3 + Payton + Kidd + Stockton + Isiah Thomas = 0 MVPs. Nash = 2 MVPs

[COLOR=Teal]Crazy.
    [/COLOR]

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Default Re: Wade + CP3 + Payton + Kidd + Stockton + Isiah Thomas = 0 MVPs. Nash = 2 MVPs

Quote Originally Posted by sbw19
    [COLOR=Teal]Crazy.
    [/COLOR]

Default Re: Wade + CP3 + Payton + Kidd + Stockton + Isiah Thomas = 0 MVPs. Nash = 2 MVPs

MVPs are relative to your peers. If all those players played (in their primes) during Nash's MVP years, or if Nash had played during their prime years, it could have been anyone's.

Ish ROY 2014

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    MVPs are relative to your peers. If all those players played (in their primes) during Nash's MVP years, or if Nash had played during their prime years, it could have been anyone's.
    Yep. /thread

Nash was a better player than Kidd and Isiah

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Nash was a better player than Kidd and Isiah

Yeah its crazy, Nash is not even a top 10 PG of all time and he won 2 regular season MVPs. This shows exactly why regular season MVP means nothing, it's the Finals MVP that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Yeah its crazy, Nash is not even a top 10 PG of all time and he won 2 regular season MVPs. This shows exactly why regular season MVP means nothing, it's the Finals MVP that matters.

AT LEAST, they present equal worth.... I mean, come on, Cedric Maxwell and Chauncey Billups have won FMVP's... I think even Kobe has. So just stop it.

[COLOR=Teal]Individual performance, team record, circumstance and competition, narrative and image all play a role in the selection so that's that, but it still doesn't sound right.

All it does is devaluing what should be the most prestigious individual NBA award, that I'm thinking may be it makes more sense to revert back to the old system where players vote instead of media members.
    [/COLOR]

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Nash was extremely close to wining 3 straight MVPS

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Lol. You're joking right?

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    I think Isiah Thomas and D-Whistle are the best out of the group. I wouldn't give MVP honors to anyone else based on hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Lol. You're joking right?
    No I am serious. I can easily name the top 10 PGs in NBA history: Magic, Oscar, Isiah, Cousy, Stockton, CP3, Frazier, Kidd, Payton, KJ. Nash is not even the best PG in Suns franchise history, that spot belongs to Kevin Johnson, the PG who took them to the one and only NBA Finals appearance.

Drose has a MVP /thread

Dunking on everybody in the park KrizMiz's Avatar

so you see that the MVP award doesnt mean anything, its a stupid award so let people care bout it if they want, if you dint want to, just ignore it - where is the problem ...