Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Reports: Warrior's job is Kerr's if he wants it

http://nba.si.com/2014/05/07/golden-...-mark-jackson/

don't really get why kerr is so sought after with 0 coaching experience

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Reports: Warrior's job is Kerr's if he wants it

The amount of desire that Steve Kerr is generating as a coaching candidate is perplexing. Did people find his analysis that good?

I'd take it if I were him. Would probably be better than dealing with the constant speculation that Phil Jackson is going to take your job that the media will run with as soon as the Knicks start to lose a few.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

reports are coming in that kerr will making his coaching decision by monday. so we'll see where he ends up, and the teams that miss out on him, we'll see who their next options are.

I, for one, am excited to see what kind of coach kerr pans out to be. i hope he keeps true to his word, and tries to utilize a 2 big set and stays away from using a stretch guard or forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    reports are coming in that kerr will making his coaching decision by monday. so we'll see where he ends up, and the teams that miss out on him, we'll see who their next options are.

I, for one, am excited to see what kind of coach kerr pans out to be. i hope he keeps true to his word, and tries to utilize a 2 big set and stays away from using a stretch guard or forward.

if he's a disciple of the triangle offense, that doesn't really favor curry's style of play IMO

felt like mike d'antoni or SVG were better candidates for this roster...seems like GSW is hiring based on personality now

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    The amount of desire that Steve Kerr is generating as a coaching candidate is perplexing. Did people find his analysis that good?
    I think his analysis was on more often than not....BUT.

Being a coach is much more than that. It's a huge shift from Jackson, who was just a loud, inspirational, motivational guy. Steve Kerr seems like the consummate professional, but the question is does he know what buttons to push?

Jackson fit with the identity of the team I think, he had alot of energy. Kerr seems much more vanilla.

Warriors seems like an opportunity he shouldn't pass. They're an exciting team with an owner willing to spend and a FO not afraid to make smart bold moves. He'll also have less pressure than NY or LA.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    if he's a disciple of the triangle offense, that doesn't really favor curry's style of play IMO

felt like mike d'antoni or SVG were better candidates for this roster...seems like GSW is hiring based on personality now
    I think D'Antoni would just ride him to death, SVG too, but SVG would have better defence.

I think it has merits for Curry, mainly because of how much teams double him. He needs better ways to get the ball, which I think some sort of motion offense will offer.

Can you imaginge if Curry got the shots Parker does

Decent college freshman

Kerr has said he doesn't intend to use the triangle as the focal part of his offense since it can tricky for players to pick it up. He lives in San Diego I think, so GSW would be closer to home than NYK, obviously. Plus, the core of GSW is basically in place for a few years. Is there really a true core of useful players on the Knicks? Warriors job is tough to pass up, but can you imagine that locker room? It'd be hard at first to win over that team I think. Kerr's a great bball mind though.

I would really hate to be the next Warriors coach. Those guys loved Mark Jackson and it's going to be tough to win them over.

NBA All-star

Actually, if Bogut comes back healthy, so they have a back to the basket player, Curry could still average just as many points with maybe even just a tad bit less on assist.

Funny as this sounds, the triangle offense might be able to fix the Warrior's defense. And they'd average still about just as many points, even at a tempo a tad bit slower.

They have the players, might still need to make a few move and tweaks. But they could be a conference finals and finals contender.

This guy problem trying to get lakers to be a third team offering before deciding and starting off at 10+

they really like them shitty tv commentators over in the bay

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

http://nba.si.com/2014/05/07/golden-...-mark-jackson/

don't really get why kerr is so sought after with 0 coaching experience
    It's because he's fair skinded. Mark Jackson, Avery Johnson, Brian Shaw, almost all black coaches have to go through much more scrutiny, and here comes a 0 coach given offers on all marquee franchises.

[COLOR="Magenta"]if kerr were black would ppl want him ?[/COLOR]