Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Hypothetically....if Ray Allen missed...and Lebron was 1/3 in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    what if kobe stayed and played for charlotte? just another jerry stackhouse.
    QFT.

Banned

Default Re: Hypothetically....if Ray Allen missed...and Lebron was 1/3 in the finals.

what if you're dad pulled out in the last second when finishing.

what if OP wasn't a ***?

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    The Heat won 4 games against the Spurs, not just one lucky one, and the last one didn't even involve that shot from Ray Allen. People need to realize Spurs had their chances to win but were the worse team
    Only decent Spurs fan on this board. All the other Spurs fans are STILL bitter as shit. Be like this dude and learn how to let it go.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Thread

Banned

He'd have no chance of surpassing Gasol that's for sure. He'd probably drop down to the low 60s surrounded by Brandon Jennings, Jamario Moon.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

It would have changed his legacy enormously. The media would have destroyed him for his last few minutes of G6 and for an overall subpar performance for the series. I believe it would have been a toss-up for Parker/Duncan/Green FMVP (although they would never give it to a role player like Green). I think that game changed the way we will remember Lebron for a long long time. If there were ever a legacy-changing moment in NBA history, I think that was it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    The Heat won 4 games against the Spurs, not just one lucky one, and the last one didn't even involve that shot from Ray Allen. People need to realize Spurs had their chances to win but were the worse team
    best Spurs fan on the board by far

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

He'd be ranked as Top 20 right now, and I believe that he's going to win 2 more rings by the time his career is over and so he'd still get into the Top 5 without it.

And it woulda been hard for him to recover after losing in the Finals to the Spurs. But he recovered after 2011's debacle, and he's already proven that literally the whole sports world can be hating on him and he can still play well, so I think he would bounce back from it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

So...he would "only" be a 4 time MVP, an NBA champ, finals MVP, career 28/7/7 player(I believe only 5 people have even had a 28/7/7 season), 8 time all nba first team, and the leader of 4 finals teams in the middle of a playoffs likely to end in a 5th....and hes still 29.

So he would be dead middle of his prime already having had a better career than Doctor J, Moses Malone, Elgin Baylor, Oscar robertson, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, and Jerry West.

And this...would be laughed at on ISH. By people who would actually be serious.

What if bran had the skills and mentality to go along with his athleticsm?

Banned

So should Bran have lost to the Pistons in ECF in 07 to protect that precious Finals record that Jordan mythologists j*rk off to?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman

real talk for a second...

I look at that shot and think about how many hours Lebron spent over the 11' and 12' offseasons working on his jumper.

If you are a real "technical fan or player" of the game...you have to appreciate how much Lebron worked to become a better jump shooter/shooter in General.

In reality...as Gifted as Pro athletes are physically....the Great players who separate themselves put in a ton of work to become "technically or Fundamentally" better.....just so in situations like this......it may help them hit that timely jumper.

Lebron attacks right and pulls up for a " 1 - 2 jumper".....his left foot is his "plant leg" and stops his momentum......his right foot is his "lead/square up" leg....

Normally if the defender is on you tight you have to goin to your shot right away.......Lebron recognizes that KL is going under...lebron adjust's his right foot to get a perfect square up/shot line and shoots a technically sound jumper....

That may not have happened if he didn't put the work in......
    Amazing to see Great players work so hard....to correct something that is off by a matter of inches...

the difference between a made basket and missed basket is just a matter of inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    So he would be dead middle of his prime already having had a better career than Doctor J, Moses Malone, Elgin Baylor, Oscar robertson, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, and Jerry West.
    I'm not sure his career is already better than Oscar and West's. Dr J is debatable if you include the ABA.

West gets underrated on ISH. And how Oscar's stock has fallen.