Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: People are Bitching about Charles Barkley's Comments on San Antonio Women

Victim culture and political correctness running wild.

Freedom > your feelings.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: People are Bitching about Charles Barkley's Comments on San Antonio Women

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii

Fitness, healthy eating + hygiene are things everybody can control.
    Exactly. I find fat sympathizers to be far worse than fat shamers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    I am in better shape than you could ever dream of. No one from Houston should be calling anyone fat. That city is 97% morbidly obese. Even the tooth paste is deep fried there.
    oh shit

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    No comparison to Sterling.

People dont choose their race. People do choose their diets.

In San antonio its all about them churros and Shaq Soda. Chuck aint lyin. Hey, if you cant take the heat.... literally stay out of the kitchen
    People have genetic predisposition for body type and digestion processes and whatnot. People don't choose their genes.
    Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    i gain more and more respect for sir charles
    I wish I knew more good bullies to recommend for you to look into.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    People have genetic predisposition for body type and digestion processes and whatnot. People don't choose their genes.

That accounts for probably 10% of obese people.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    No comparison to Sterling.

People dont choose their race. People do choose their diets.

In San antonio its all about them churros and Shaq Soda. Chuck aint lyin. Hey, if you cant take the heat.... literally stay out of the kitchen
    Who cares? People in a free society can think whatever they want. If I decide that I don't like Asians, so what? As long as I don't try to force that opinion on others, what's the problem?

The free exchange of ideas is a key part of western civilization. That's why we are better than the rest of the world. Other places have a set of "correct" and "incorrect" views that are enforced. That's why the west is the west and the 3rd world is the 3rd world.

In the west, every idea is on the table. Everything is up for discussion. We don't have some centralized authority enforcing what has been deemed the correct view.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Beta fggt alert! Beta fggt alert!

Fatty confirmed.

fat people should be taxed for being fat, they're a drain on society

People are so offended now they're not even sure what to be offended about anymore. Soon people won't be allowed to say anything.

Local High School Star

Barkley looks like he's had a few too many churros himself. Fat fuvk

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Who cares? People in a free society can think whatever they want. If I decide that I don't like Asians, so what? As long as I don't try to force that opinion on others, what's the problem?

The free exchange of ideas is a key part of western civilization. That's why we are better than the rest of the world. Other places have a set of "correct" and "incorrect" views that are enforced. That's why the west is the west and the 3rd world is the 3rd world.

In the west, every idea is on the table. Everything is up for discussion. We don't have some centralized authority enforcing what has been deemed the correct view.

I agree with all that, I'm just speaking from the standpoint of being a distasteful comment. I can see WHY Sterling's comments would have offended african americans. He's not attacking any vice or fault specifically, just insulting them based on skin color.

Whereas Chuck is poking fun at people who clearly choose to be overweight. I have lived in San Antonio. He really is not exaggerating. Virtually EVERY woman in that city is significantly overweight. People probably think he must be exaggerating to some degree, but he isn't. I couldn't believe it when I got there. The women are HUGE, and it's nearly all of them. That's a choice they make and I see no reason why anyone should be offended at the choice he makes to poke fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    fat people should be taxed for being fat, they're a drain on society
    This is actually somewhat true.

Some people's poor health choices do drive up the costs of insurance for everybody else.

I thought it was hilarious

Charles has been saying this for years.