Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Kobe's MVP

College superstar

Default Re: Kobe's MVP

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Seems totally legit. Billups with more votes than a 27/6/7/2/1 player on a 52 win team. Also, Wade was top 10 in '12 and '13 as well. If top 10 is pathetic, I can't tell you how retarded you are. Go back to school, kid. If Wade wasn't an MVP candidate, he wouldn't have gotten any votes, turd.
    i thought you werent responding to my posts?

and no, it is pathetic when morons like yourself parade around here claiming wade was/is ever on lebron and kobe's or any of the consistent top 5 candidates for MVP.

being "top 10" in the MVP race doesnt mean youre a LEGIT candidate LOL. top 5 is where you're seriously getting recognition. just look at the votes

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24

and no, it is pathetic when morons like yourself parade around here claiming wade was/is ever on lebron and kobe's or any of the consistent top 5 candidates for MVP.

being "top 10" in the MVP race doesnt mean youre a LEGIT candidate LOL. top 5 is where you're seriously getting recognition. just look at the votes
    You honestly do not know how basketball works, do you? Why am I even bothering with you?

There's a reason why people hate on LeBron for teaming up with Wade. Wade was considered to be on his level and a top 3 player in the league. If you honestly believe that Wade wasn't a top 5 player in '06, '09, '10, and '11, you're an idiot (you are one anyways). Dude was arguably top 5 in '12 and '13 (excluding playoffs) as well.

College superstar

You honestly do not know how basketball works, do you? Why am I even bothering with you?

There's a reason why people hate on LeBron for teaming up with Wade. Wade was considered to be on his level and a top 3 player in the league. If you honestly believe that Wade wasn't a top 5 player in '06, '09, '10, and '11, you're an idiot (you are one anyways). Dude was arguably top 5 in '12 and '13 (excluding playoffs) as well.
    you keep repeating yourself thats about the 5th time you've responded to me after saying you werent going to.

cant get enough of me or what brah?

and no, the reason people "hated" is because wade WAS a top 3 sg in the league. that doesnt exactly mean much when you also had a top 3-5 PF as well.....

emphasis on WAS because wade is at the bottom of the barrel these days when SGs are concerned.

the voters that have watched basketball longer than you or i agreed that wade, for 90% of his career, wasn't a legit MVP candidate.

im not sure why you're struggling with this consensus FACT

you keep repeating yourself thats about the 5th time you've responded to me after saying you werent going to.

cant get enough of me or what brah?
    You are talking about basketball and I'm responding. You brought up facts and I can respect that. You usually are a complete retard though.

and no, the reason people "hated" is because wade WAS a top 3 sg in the league. that doesnt exactly mean much when you also had a top 3-5 PF as well.....
    Case in point, as to why you're a little shit with no brains. Wade has never been the 3rd best SG in the league. Sure, some people might pick Haren, but anyone who wants to win will pick Wade. Dude plays on both sides of the court.

emphasis on WAS because wade is at the bottom of the barrel these days when SGs are concerned.

Dude just had a 19/5/5/2/1 on 54% season.

the voters that have watched basketball longer than you or i agreed that wade, for 90% of his career, wasn't a legit MVP candidate.
    Sportswriters who voted for Melo last season? The same idiots who gave Nash 2 MVP's or gave AI an MVP over Shaq?

I know you're trolling, 'cause no one can be this retarded. Try harder dude.

Sportswriters who voted for Melo last season? The same idiots who gave Nash 2 MVP's or gave AI an MVP over Shaq?

I know you're trolling, 'cause no one can be this retarded. Try harder dude.

Yeah, AI was mad hype...

But in all fairness to Nash, it was very circumstantial. Who else? Sure Shaq had an argument in 2005 and Dirk in 2006, but nothing too blatantly wrong...

LeBron and Kobe played on bad teams that didn't make the playoffs in 2005, Garnett played on a bad team that missed the playoffs both years.
    Duncan controlled his minutes as he played 34 MPG and just exited his peak, while playing on a better team. (Meh close)

Wade was certainly on Kobe's level then. Arguably better. Lebron, we agree, was consistently better bar the 2006 postseason ans possibly the 2009 regular season.

@tpols, do you honestly believe that a SG like Wade wouldn't have replicated the results (obviously if he was healthy) with a peak Shaq? Heck, Wade would've won in '03 and '04 as well.
    It's baffling isnt it?
    Wade won a title with a scrub over the hill Shaq. Just how many he would have won with peak Shaq is scary to even fsthom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    It's baffling isnt it?
    Wade won a title with a scrub over the hill Shaq. Just how many he would have won with peak Shaq is scary to even fsthom.
    Shaq was declining but far from a scrub in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Shaq was declining but far from a scrub in 2005.
    They didn't win it in 2005 though. They won it in 06 when even Alonzo played better than Shaq when he was used in the finals. Case in point - the championship clinching game.
    Relatively scrub-like, I should have said. Relative to MDE Shaquille.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    They didn't win it in 2005 though. They won it in 06 when even Alonzo played better than Shaq when he was used in the finals. Case in point - the championship clinching game.
    Relatively scrub-like, I should have said. Relative to MDE Shaquille.
    I'm still wondering what happened to Miami after that scrub Shaq left.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    I'm still wondering what happened to Miami after that scrub Shaq left.
    They struggled WITH Shaq in 2007 and half of 2008 because of Wade's injuries. Thry got rid of the old guard - Shaq, Payton, Posey, Williams, Walker and retooled eyeing the 2010 free agency. The rest, as they say, is history.

Lad

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    wow,...... OP needs a new hobby.
    Nothing to do in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by RagaZ
    Nothing to do in Germany.
    Bayern, Dortmund and Shalke all got annihilated in the UCL.
    Rafa is going to kiss the French Open goodbye in a couple of weeks.
    And Dallas (supposedly supports them) are out of the playoffs.

He's on suicide watch. Throwing his toys out of the pram.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    even if we go by your criteria for missed games, he's got a shot in 02, 03, 06, 07, and 08 if he's playing next to a pau level player his whole career. Someone whose just good enough to provide great second option help but not a true superstar like Shaq was where he could never win it while playing with him(and arguably no one else in history as well since his peak has a case for MDE). So thats 4 chances at an MVP he missed because his team was too good at one point and way too weak at another.
    Well, like I said, I disagree on 03. Kobe was given the green light, and I think if that he just led his teams to more wins like Duncan did, it would've been an incredibly tight race between the two, even with Shaq on the team. But whatever, even with that being the case, you think Jordan and Lebron didn't have to deal with the same thing? Jordan was a great enough player to contend for an MVP in 85, 87, 88, and 89 but had shitty supporting casts. Lebron in 06, 07, 08, and 09 was a great enough player to contend for an MVP but had shitty supporting casts. And yes, obviously Jordan still won in 88 and Lebron won in 09, but that was despite their shitty teammates. I'm not going to say they were quality supporting casts just because Jordan and Lebron were able to elevate those shitty teammates into that type of success.

So I guess it comes down to how many chances did they have where they were great enough to contend for MVP, played enough games and where there team wasn't too good but wasn't too bad either i.e. your criteria. For Jordan, I guess he had 7 chances from 90-93 and 96-98. For Lebron I guess you can say he's had 5 chances so far, 2010-2014 (yes I think he had enough in his last season in Cleveland). For Kobe, not including 03, I'd say he's had 6 chances so far, 08-13. I'd say he was past his prime after 2010, but so was Jordan from 96-98 and I don't think Lebron will just stop being an MVP candidate once he's past his prime in a few years, so I don't see why we shouldn't include those years.

So really, like I said, Kobe not winning more MVPs is more because of him just missing games and other players were just better. Multiple years where the makeup of the team was the issue is something that almost every superstar had to face, including Jordan and Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    And of course we dont know how 04 and 05 would play out with a pau-like player because the fued between shaq and kobe is what turned both those years into down years. That type of implosion never existed between Kobe and odom/pau/etc. so there's no reason to believe everything wouldve happened as it did in a completely different situation.
    I'm not sure whats your point here? Yes, I know things wouldn't just automatically stay the same, but Kobe missed those games in those years cause of injuries. What does that have to do with Shaq? Are you saying maybe he wouldn't have gotten injured? Sure. He could've also gotten injured another year. Am I supposed to just assume he wouldn't have gotten injured and missed games? Doesn't make sense. In fact if he doesn't get to share as much of the load with someone like Shaq, he might've gotten more injuries.

College superstar

You are talking about basketball and I'm responding. You brought up facts and I can respect that. You usually are a complete retard though.
    i brought up facts that you have yet to counter. keep repeating yourself though.

Case in point, as to why you're a little shit with no brains. Wade has never been the 3rd best SG in the league. Sure, some people might pick Haren, but anyone who wants to win will pick Wade. Dude plays on both sides of the court.
    top 2-3. whatever. iverson and mcgrady all had legit cases over wade.

Dude just had a 19/5/5/2/1 on 54% season.
    which is good for.....NOT a top 5 spot in mvp voting.

melo was never top 5 though. nash won his mvps because a) his teams record and b) guy was one of the greatest offensive players ever.

shaq made his mark in the postseason. dude let kobe do his thing in the rs, a documented fact.

2005 and 2006 nash had more impact than dwhistle EVER has