Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: YouTube terminates DawkinsMTA's account

If it was the nba that shut him down then that just shows that their reps are incompetent. His channel was the best free marketing they could possibly ever get

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    I was contacted by people from the NBA last year myself, they told me to keep under the radar and that they were actually interested in if I had any old footage they weren't aware of but needed to talk to some powers that be to get through any potential red tape (I'd imagine copyright related). They told me at that time, I wasn't in trouble but to stay under the radar and keep doing what I'm doing. Never heard back from them since. The two individuals I spoke with seemed to be contacting me unbenownst to any powers that be so I'm not sure the NBA as a whole is aware of my channel.
    This is good to read.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Are you 100% certain that that is how it happened? As in, are you 100% certain that he completely removed all the NCAA videos prior to the 2nd set of strikes? And what was the time frame for this?
    The NCAA thing was in February and after that, yeah I couldn't find any NCAA vids on his channel anymore.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Never heard from the NBA but some guy from Dime magazine told me he was a fan. I got a subscription and found I had the featured youtube video discussed in the magazine like 4 months one year. I had a Steve Francis video jump to like half a million views because of Dime. Bill simmons and yahoo put up the Bird one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULvo7__wwBU

And I got hated on for the song a million times.

Its nothing but free press for the league. Nobody I know ever tried to sell anything. They should have been happy.

The players sure dont give a shit. Melo had a video I made of him on his official site for a while. I think Arenas did too.

Who is losing anything?

It's almost like they don't understand that anyone can get the footage of games if they try. It's not hard at all. I've been torrenting games for years. I still have the Celtics Lakers series from 08. When TNT had that cool Linkin Park theme.

Ish ROY 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    They got me once and threaten me now and then. I got a physical letter from the NBA back when NBA mixes were a new concept. Im talking like 2002 or 2003. They got my address from my cable company and sent me an actual letter telling me to stop. They hassled a poster here who was hosting for me(this was pre youtube).

The NFL doesnt play at all though. You get a warning for every use of their footage.
    That's insane. Just wanna let you know I've always been a huge fan of your mixes

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Also...I notice the first video that comes up on youtube/google when you search for Wilt is one of yours. The first mix that comes up when you look for Bird is that one I made.

Had I known kids would be introduced to Larry Bird by it possibly forever id have taken more than half an hour making it and not included so many already well known plays. But it was made for ISH...posted on a private FTP that ISH users had access to over 10 years ago. And now it represents the first look at Larry Bird for some kids who heard the name and googled him.

Im kinda annoyed. I could have done a lot better.

At least your Wilt ones are informative.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawk Ins was the best...

If you guys want another channel similar to Dawk Ins its this one: GD's Latest Highlights
    Last edited by Smook A.; 05-06-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Ish ROY 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawk Ins was the best...

If you guys want another channel similar to Dawk Ins its this one: GD's Latest Highlights
    Good find, but nobody can replace Dawk Ins

It's sad... NBA's channel start mimicking single performance breakdowns a la dawkins, kietasss, etc. But they ALWAYS manage to **** up the sound, make shitty transitions & essentially get put to shame by the likes of Dawk ins & the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicMan
    Good find, but nobody can replace Dawk Ins
    Posts much less frequently, but Kietasss has some great vids, he's kind of like the original dawk ins. Check him out.

College superstar

This is why if you see anything you like on YT you download it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage
    It's sad... NBA's channel start mimicking single performance breakdowns a la dawkins, kietasss, etc. But they ALWAYS manage to **** up the sound, make shitty transitions & essentially get put to shame by the likes of Dawk ins & the rest.
    his channel is great too

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Never heard from the NBA but some guy from Dime magazine told me he was a fan. I got a subscription and found I had the featured youtube video discussed in the magazine like 4 months one year. I had a Steve Francis video jump to like half a million views because of Dime. Bill simmons and yahoo put up the Bird one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULvo7__wwBU

And I got hated on for the song a million times.

Its nothing but free press for the league. Nobody I know ever tried to sell anything. They should have been happy.

The players sure dont give a shit. Melo had a video I made of him on his official site for a while. I think Arenas did too.

Who is losing anything?
    good stuff

i dont get it what the hell was so special about his highlights?Did he do commentary with it or something .

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    i dont get it what the hell was so special about his highlights?Did he do commentary with it or something .
    He posted full game highlights of players if they had a good game.

For example: LeBron James Full Highlights 61 points
    Carmelo Anthony 62 points

stuff like that... He had thousands of videos