Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: YouTube terminates DawkinsMTA's account

Reading his twitter, he says he got a warning.. evidently he didn't heed it...lol

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Reading his twitter, he says he got a warning.. evidently he didn't heed it...lol
    I'm trying to piece it together. At first it seemed like he thought the warning was coming from CBS because the warning said "including: CBS" and that was the only brand mentioned. So then he removed all his CBS content, but apparently that was not enough.

He got a warning about his college highlights and removed them. Then all of a sudden he got 2 more in the same day (3 strike rule) and had his account terminated despite the fact that he no longer had college highlights.

**** The Ncaa

Fan made highlights and mixes >>>>>>>>>>>>>> official highlights

I was watching the highlights from CP3's game last night, refreshed the page, and the video was gone all of a sudden.

That was one of the GOAT youtube channels smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    He got a warning about his college highlights and removed them. Then all of a sudden he got 2 more in the same day (3 strike rule) and had his account terminated despite the fact that he no longer had college highlights.
    Are you 100% certain that that is how it happened? As in, are you 100% certain that he completely removed all the NCAA videos prior to the 2nd set of strikes? And what was the time frame for this?

Damn shame, his channel was incredible.

he posted incredible highlights. better than gdfactorclips or who ever is the other guy. hope he comes back.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Are you 100% certain that that is how it happened? As in, are you 100% certain that he completely removed all the NCAA videos prior to the 2nd set of strikes? And what was the time frame for this?
    I thought I read he received one strike a few months ago, thought it was from CBS, and therefore removed all his CBS content. I'd recommend giving his Twitter a look and read through what he's saying about it: https://twitter.com/DawkinsMTA

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

They got me once and threaten me now and then. I got a physical letter from the NBA back when NBA mixes were a new concept. Im talking like 2002 or 2003. They got my address from my cable company and sent me an actual letter telling me to stop. They hassled a poster here who was hosting for me(this was pre youtube).

The NFL doesnt play at all though. You get a warning for every use of their footage.

thejewsdidthis.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    They got me once and threaten me now and then. I got a physical letter from the NBA back when NBA mixes were a new concept. Im talking like 2002 or 2003. They got my address from my cable company and sent me an actual letter telling me to stop. They hassled a poster here who was hosting for me(this was pre youtube).

The NFL doesnt play at all though. You get a warning for every use of their footage.
    I was contacted by people from the NBA last year myself, they told me to keep under the radar and that they were actually interested in if I had any old footage they weren't aware of but needed to talk to some powers that be to get through any potential red tape (I'd imagine copyright related). They told me at that time, I wasn't in trouble but to stay under the radar and keep doing what I'm doing. Never heard back from them since. The two individuals I spoke with seemed to be contacting me unbenownst to any powers that be so I'm not sure the NBA as a whole is aware of my channel.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 05-06-2014 at 06:02 PM.

what a shame

Complete Player

From what I understand once you're on the radar for copyright infringement you stay on the radar... I think it's basically they let you do it until somebody complains then by necessity they really have to bury you or next time youtube's in trouble themselves
    Youtube has a 3 strike policy. Exceed 3 strikes within a year and your account is gone and you're IP banned from creating another account. The strikes themselves aren't permanent though. I think each strike is rescinded every 6 months or a year, can't remember.

Edit: the strike is rescinded after 6 months as long as you don't get another strike.
    Last edited by hitmanyr2k; 05-06-2014 at 06:10 PM.