Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Steph Curry, John Wall or Damian Lillard who'll be the best PG of them when its over

Quote Originally Posted by entropy35
    Wall shot 35% from 3. Thats pretty decent.

For me 33-40% is decent to great. >40% is amazing.
    33% is far from great.. far from it.

36-/37-40 is great.. 40+ is godlay

Default Re: Steph Curry, John Wall or Damian Lillard who'll be the best PG of them when its over

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    all 3 are better than CP3 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquish
    This.

NBA All-star

I'd like Wall to beef up really.

I think he'd have his most success to model his game a bit after Billups.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Clear bias against Kyrie with the "all star appearance" sht , but anyways:

Curry
    Lillard
    Wall

John Wall CANT shoot. Dont care about his defense or playmaking ability. Hes a stud clearly, one of the top 10 most raw talented players in the L. But with a game on the line, he can't win it for you, and thats why i got Steph and Lillard over Wall and it nots even close. I watched him clank jumper after jumper against the Bulls and it was painful. I also dont trust him at the FT line, especially in the crunch. Hes improved his jumper but it will always be somewhat broke. Watching defenses dare him to shoot is painful because he can get to the hole at will but half the time still takes the bait to shoot...and miss.

Wall wouldn't of even made the all star team if not for Rose/Rondo injuries fwiw.
    Last edited by Dengness9; 05-07-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Local High School Star

Curry, not even close.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    John Wall CANT shoot. Dont care about his defense or playmaking ability. Hes a stud clearly, one of the top 10 most raw talented players in the L. But with a game on the line, he can't win it for you, and thats why i got Steph and Lillard over Wall and it nots even close. I watched him clank jumper after jumper against the Bulls and it was painful. I also dont trust him at the FT line, especially in the crunch. Hes improved his jumper but it will always be somewhat broke. Watching defenses dare him to shoot is painful because he can get to the hole at will but half the time still takes the bait to shoot...and miss.

Wall wouldn't of even made the all star team if not for Rose/Rondo injuries fwiw.
    And that's why we have Beal. Obviously Wall has regressed on his jump shot in the postseason, but we're still winning games.

Not airballing my layups anymore

John Wall for defense, Steph Curry for offense, Lillard overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquish
    And that's why we have Beal. Obviously Wall has regressed on his jump shot in the postseason, but we're still winning games.

And when did this turn into a conversation about the Wiz or Beal? It's about comparing the 3 PG's in the title, and again, Wall is nowhere near those guys when it comes to taking over a game in the final couple of minutes and being top shot takers and shot makers in the league.

Bradley Beal? Love him, great young emerging star.

Stick to the convo next time

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

And when did this turn into a conversation about the Wiz or Beal? It's about comparing the 3 PG's in the title, and again, Wall is nowhere near those guys when it comes to taking over a game in the final couple of minutes and being top shot takers and shot makers in the league.

Bradley Beal? Love him, great young emerging star.

Stick to the convo next time
    You said Wall isn't the guy to take the final shot, which is why we have Beal, and you also said Wall can't shoot which was the case 2 years ago. He is an average jump shooter, but can't shoot is reserved for the likes of Ricky Rubio.

He's an average jump shooter at this point, and shot 80% from the line. He's steadily become a better shooter. It's a huge difference in form since his rookie season. I don't think the best reason to argue against Wall is that he won't be the best option to shoot a 3 with <5 seconds left.

Curry and Lillard are great scorers. John Wall is a great Ball player. It all depends on the team around them. The wizards have made a point to surround wall with spot up shooters and finishers, because that's what will work with his playstyle.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 05-07-2014 at 03:01 PM.

John Wall, the best passer, defender and athlete out of those 3