Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: A Clippers fan's take on the Sterling drama

What a perfect time to buy this team. Cheap with some minor fixies.Not much tweeking with it's current roster (this season's payroll fall on Sterling's pockets, instant competitors not a start up rebuilding team, biggest market, instant beloved owner, Staples Center rent paid for. Magic will buy this team too.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

I hope sterling loses the team and is forced to sell. Hopefully David geffen is still interested.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    Honestly I'm more pissed off at TMZ than Sterling. First of all we already know Sterling is a moron. The recent news should not be a deciding factor to an already obvious point.

Now, TMZ decides to release a private phone call to get money out of it. Remember guys, no matter how much you disagree with his opinion, its still supposed to be a PRIVATE phone call. There's plenty of opinions we all have and things that are wrong with us that we would not want revealed with a private phone call.

And TMZ releases this for their own money gain at the Clippers fans/players/supporters expense. Couldn't they at least wait till playoffs were over? I waited this whole year for playoffs and now the Clippers players have to have this in the back of their minds as they play. What a waste. Argue with me however you want but I'm sick of social media ruining the game.

I know Sterling is an idiot and he always has been. And probably always will be. But in the end he's just signing the checks, I don't watch for him I watch for the game.

TMZ is a BUSINESS. Why the **** would they wait till AFTER the playoffs when NO ONE GIVES A F about basketball? This is prime time for them. They got the recording a month ago or something. As much as I dislike TMZ (I don't really care about them tbh, never go to that site) that was a smart business decision.

But in the end he's just signing the checks, I don't watch for him I watch for the game.

No in the end it's still his team, not yours. He's not just signing checks. The money goes to him first.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Shitty franchise with an even shittier owner. Feel bad for all the dedicated Clipper fans...

NOT! This is Lakertown baby! Get this racist POS franchise outta here!

yet u have a miami heat avy

LA is Lakers town once more! WHOO HOO!!!

Honestly, this is overdue. The perfect time to do something to Sterling was back in '05 and '06 when he was found to be discriminating against blacks and Latinos with his apartment buildings. The only reason the NBA didn't do anything about it then was because 1)His real estate business didn't directly affect the NBA and 2)The NBA was still recovering from Detroit so they weren't going to prioritize a 70+ year old racist over a possible repeat of the Malice at the Palace.

Putting TMZ aside for a second, this incident directly affects the NBA as Sterling's comments involve fans attending games. When he was wrongfully evicting people, that didn't directly involve basketball unlike the current fiasco.

Would be funny if Coach Jackson had the girl set this up

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

When the hell did I say that? I said their timing to release a private phone call was bad. For the fans, the players, and the game.
    This happened nearly a month ago..now they decide to release this during the playoffs. TMZ will probably get sued because what they did was illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    This happened nearly a month ago..now they decide to release this during the playoffs. TMZ will probably get sued because what they did was illegal.
    They didn't do anything illegal. In fact, no one did anything illegal.

The woman faces civil liability because California is an all-party-consent state. But no criminal laws were broken.

Well the question is how did this call get obtained, and do they have a right to make it public... Sounds like a set up.

Sterling can believe in whatever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

TMZ is a BUSINESS. Why the **** would they wait till AFTER the playoffs when NO ONE GIVES A F about basketball? This is prime time for them. They got the recording a month ago or something. As much as I dislike TMZ (I don't really care about them tbh, never go to that site) that was a smart business decision.
    So you're fine with people doing malicious things as long as it's business?