Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Default A Clippers fan's take on the Sterling drama

Honestly I'm more pissed off at TMZ than Sterling. First of all we already know Sterling is a moron. The recent news should not be a deciding factor to an already obvious point.

Now, TMZ decides to release a private phone call to get money out of it. Remember guys, no matter how much you disagree with his opinion, its still supposed to be a PRIVATE phone call. There's plenty of opinions we all have and things that are wrong with us that we would not want revealed with a private phone call.

And TMZ releases this for their own money gain at the Clippers fans/players/supporters expense. Couldn't they at least wait till playoffs were over? I waited this whole year for playoffs and now the Clippers players have to have this in the back of their minds as they play. What a waste. Argue with me however you want but I'm sick of social media ruining the game.

I know Sterling is an idiot and he always has been. And probably always will be. But in the end he's just signing the checks, I don't watch for him I watch for the game.
    Last edited by TheCalmInsanity; 04-26-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Default Re: A Clippers fan's take on the Sterling drama

Let's be honest, Sterling has a history of Racism and getting away with it. It needs to stop by any means necessary. It's just unfortunate the Clippers are at the forefront.

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Because TMZ should give a f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k about the Clippers?

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Let's be honest, Sterling has a history of Racism and getting away with it. It needs to stop by any means necessary. It's just unfortunate the Clippers are at the forefront.
    I 100% agree and don't want him to get away with it. I'm just saying the timing was absolutely horrid for me as a fan.

First of all I waited all year for playoffs. Second of all in the last 15 years there hasn't been much playoffs for the Clippers. I cherish these moments :/

OP wants TMZ to sweep racism under the rug

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    OP wants TMZ to sweep racism under the rug
    When the hell did I say that? I said their timing to release a private phone call was bad. For the fans, the players, and the game.

Not the best timing but it needed to be addressed.

This is bigger than a basketball game..

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    When the hell did I say that? I said their timing to release a private phone call was bad. For the fans, the players, and the game.
    "So then he says w-w-what about the fans?!"

Banned

He shouldn't get away with choosing a girlfriend who doesn't post pictures on her Instagram with black guys? What are you proposing? The NBA choose his girlfriends for him? He's not allowed to choose who he dates or f*cks?

Banned

Mad at TMZ

Quote Originally Posted by 16X
    He shouldn't get away with choosing a girlfriend who doesn't post pictures on her Instagram with black guys? What are you proposing? The NBA choose his girlfriends for him? He's not allowed to choose who he dates or f*cks?
    Reading comprehension seems to be a lost art. I said a history.

Banned

Reading comprehension seems to be a lost art. I said a history.
    The NBA never gave a sh*t about his racism until now, when the media is getting on their case about it, which might cause the league to lose profits. That's all the league cares about. Lost profits. The league doesn't give a sh*t that Sterling and probably a bunch of other owners are racists. They never cared before. They care about bad press and that's ALL.

You can't decide not to do something about Sterling with all the history that he has, and then do something big just because the media gets up in arms about how he wants his girlfriend to behave (which has nothing whatsoever to do with the NBA or the game of basketball).

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    Honestly I'm more pissed off at TMZ than Sterling.
    Stopped reading right there...

I like James Harden's take better.

"Weirdo" - James Harden

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 16X
    The NBA never gave a sh*t about his racism until now, when the media is getting on their case about it, which might cause the league to lose profits. That's all the league cares about. Lost profits. The league doesn't give a sh*t that Sterling and probably a bunch of other owners are racists. They never cared before. They care about bad press and that's ALL.

You can't decide not to do something about Sterling with all the history that he has, and then do something big just because the media gets up in arms about how he wants his girlfriend to behave (which has nothing whatsoever to do with the NBA or the game of basketball).
    Way to downplay his comments .

Oh, you're wrong. The NBA can as will fix his ass, precisely for the reasons you mentioned. Sterling's despicable behavior was well publicized for years yet Stern did nothing. It will look bad if the NBA, a league that regulates the length of NBA shorts, sweeps this latest incident under rug. You can bet they'll come down hard on this old codger and I wouldn't be surprised if they forced him out of the league
    Last edited by ThePhantomCreep; 04-26-2014 at 10:58 PM.