Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Marijuana for back pain

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I don't do drugs that is why I am smarter than most here even though it doesn't mean much but I am glad the OP's pain is gone.

Herbal remedies are always better than the chemical concoctions.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

smoke indica if you have back pain and shit like that. smoke sativa if you wanna have a good time.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I had a couple of hits of dro and I was good. Not too high, but I couldn't feel any pain. Better than my pain killers for sure.

Then yesterday I had a half a blunt of something exotic and damn I was too high. I didn't like what it did to my mental state. Just not a routine smoker problem.

Even then though, I was happy to not have wny pain. It for sure works better than my prescription pain pills and muscle relaxers.

Anybody have anything else I could try to get away from the pain pills?
    do texans still call their dirt weed corn??

People go crazy for these hoes, but it just don't do it for me. All these pills work for me it's just that I'm uncomfortable with taking them for so long. I imagine it's wreaking havok on my insides. I coukd very well be wrong though.

I'll look into hash and see what I can hash out. Fail?
    Provided they aren't making you severely constipated they cause no real physical harm, and you won't damage your body from taking them. Alcohol is far more harmful to the body than they are, which is what your body tells you when you suffer a hangover. The only thing is prolonged use leads to addiction, which in turn means withdrawal and more pain later on. If your back pain is severe then it is probably worth taking for a couple of weeks, otherwise just sparingly when pain is particularly bad.

What kind of dose are you on? Makes a big difference as to how difficult it will be to stop.

Banned

what about weed as an antidepressant? is it better than Xanax, Zoloft, and the like?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    do texans still call their dirt weed corn??
    I've never heard it called corn before. Dirt weed is regular weed right? We call it reggie or regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Provided they aren't making you constipated they cause no real physical harm, and you won't damage your body from taking them. Alcohol is far more harmful to the body than they are, which is what your body tells you when you suffer a hangover. The only thing is prolonged use leads to addiction, which in turn means withdrawal and more pain later on. If your back pain is severe then it is probably worth taking for a couple of weeks, otherwise just sparingly when pain is particularly bad.

What kind of dose are you on? Makes a big difference as to how difficult it will be to stop.
    Super fuggin constipated man. Oh my god I hate it. I'm on hydrocodone 10.5 I think. 1 to 2 pills every 4 to 6 hours and a Soma every 8 hours or as needed for muscle spasms.

Provided they aren't making you severely constipated they cause no real physical harm, and you won't damage your body from taking them. Alcohol is far more harmful to the body than they are, which is what your body tells you when you suffer a hangover. The only thing is prolonged use leads to addiction, which in turn means withdrawal and more pain later on. If your back pain is severe then it is probably worth taking for a couple of weeks, otherwise just sparingly when pain is particularly bad.

Unless he's taking hydrocodone/other opiates loaded with acetaminophen, making it quite taxing on the liver. And since he's in the US I'm sure he is. But yeah, the actual opiates themselves don't have much physical toxicity, but the constipation is a *****.

Super fuggin constipated man. Oh my god I hate it. I'm on hydrocodone 10.5 I think. 1 to 2 pills every 4 to 6 hours and a Soma every 8 hours or as needed for muscle spasms.
    Honestly don't think it should be particularly hard to quit taking that much for only a couple weeks. You will only have minor withdrawal symptoms and should be able to get something like Lofexidine to lessen those (bud can also help here).

I'm generally alright with constipation when taking opiates: usually go every day, and it's only sometimes those super-condensed pebbles that are difficult to get out . I think smoking and drinking coffee helps, as does drinking lots of water.

Quote Originally Posted by tjgoHAM
    what about weed as an antidepressant? is it better than Xanax, Zoloft, and the like?
    Xanax isn't an antidepressant, and from my experience prolonged and consistent use of weed leads to depression rather than relieves it (talking months or even years without a sustained break). Not a good idea if your head isn't right to be taking drugs that have psychedelic effects, even mild ones like cannabis.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Unless he's taking hydrocodone/other opiates loaded with acetaminophen, making it quite taxing on the liver. And since he's in the US I'm sure he is. But yeah, the actual opiates themselves don't have much physical toxicity, but the constipation is a *****.
    What is it 300 or 325 mg of APAP? So he'd only be taking less than 2 grams a day for 2-3 weeks; can't see that causing any harm. In the UK they ram each pill with 500mg of the shit the bastards. Can always perform extraction if you're not worried about a bit of waste as well.

get a bowl and lay off the blunts.

Xanax isn't an antidepressant, and from my experience prolonged and consistent use of weed leads to depression rather than relieves it (talking months or even years without a sustained break). Not a good idea if your head isn't right to be taking drugs that have psychedelic effects, even mild ones like cannabis.

What is it 300 or 325 mg of APAP? So he'd only be taking less than 2 grams a day for 2-3 weeks; can't see that causing any harm. In the UK they ram each pill with 500mg of the shit the bastards. Can always perform extraction if you're not worried about a bit of waste as well.

All the bolded is absolutely true and OP would do well to heed these words. As for the APAP, 300/325 isn't bad. Unfortunately the most common kind by far are those nasty 5/500 hydro/APAP pills that (personally) cause heartburn/acid reflux if an extraction isn't performed

Honestly don't think it should be particularly hard to quit taking that much for only a couple weeks. You will only have minor withdrawal symptoms and should be able to get something like Lofexidine to lessen those (bud can also help here).

I'm generally alright with constipation when taking opiates: usually go every day, and it's only sometimes those super-condensed pebbles that are difficult to get out . I think smoking and drinking coffee helps, as does drinking lots of water.

US FDA forced a reformulation to lower the APAP doses, 500 went to 325/300. It's funny how toxic the acetaminophen is in comparison to opiates, it takes more to cause respiratory suppression than to cause liver damage.

OP, if hydrocodone is still leaving you in great discomfort, talk to your prescriber. Because opiates are controlled substances, most doctors will start you off with lesser opiates. Something like Morphine sulfate tablets will provide better relief, but never ask for a particular drug. ..it makes you look suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    US FDA forced a reformulation to lower the APAP doses, 500 went to 325/300. It's funny how toxic the acetaminophen is in comparison to opiates, it takes more to cause respiratory suppression than to cause liver damage.

OP, if hydrocodone is still leaving you in great discomfort, talk to your prescriber. Because opiates are controlled substances, most doctors will start you off with lesser opiates. Something like Morphine sulfate tablets will provide better relief, but never ask for a particular drug. ..it makes you look suspect.
    when was this? How the hell did I miss this? Why did it happen after the peak of my opiate days

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    when was this? How the hell did I miss this? Why did it happen after the peak of my opiate days
    2014; very recently.

I just don't want to keep taking these pills. The pain from my back surgery is still so intense that I can't make it through the day without them. That's why I wanted to try marijuana, but I got a tad bit too high the other day.
    I think I'll go with bud for about a week or 2 and hope like hell I'm healed up enough to manage the pain without anything.