Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 2014 Playoffs - Winners and Losers

Winner of Wizards/Bulls should be a tie between Nene and Gortat, but if I had to pick one, it'd be Nene. These guys both took over down the stretch for Washington.

Loser is DJ Augustin. 3-15, missed like 4 straight shots in the 4th, had a couple turnovers. Did get to the line 10 times though (10-10). Hinrich is another candidate, played awful in the 4th. Didn't get to the line at all despite taking the most shots on the team.

[QUOTE=Grinder]Dallas - San Antonio
    Winner - Tim Duncan - Old man Timmy turned back the clock and showed why he

Also, I think the loser of the Spurs/Mavs should be Dirk. Both he and Monta played equally bad, but more should be expected from Dirk and he missed a handful of easy shots in the 4th.

You should add that in the OP... later nobody will find these

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    this too
    edit: if op is going to do it, would be great if you can tally all the winners and losers.
    again, great work OP

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Winner of Wizards/Bulls should be a tie between Nene and Gortat, but if I had to pick one, it'd be Nene. These guys both took over down the stretch for Washington.

Loser is DJ Augustin. 3-15, missed like 4 straight shots in the 4th, had a couple turnovers. Did get to the line 10 times though (10-10). Hinrich is another candidate, played awful in the 4th. Didn't get to the line at all despite taking the most shots on the team.
    Thanks. Nene has always been an enigma for me. When he's healthy and dialed in, he can look like a superstar. When he has the mid range J working like he did last night, it's icing on the cake and just a nightmare for opposing defenses.

You've got to feel for the Bulls. That team was built to succeed around a volume scorer and they have no semblance of that without Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    Great and subjective post as usual grinder
    Though I have to say that the loser for the rockets should be James Harden. Blaming Howard for hack a howard isnt very fair because howard is a known bad freethrow shooter. I can see your reasons but for one, harden was 8/28, for seconds, he also choked badly in the clutch and refused to include his teammates despite being ice cold. just my 2 cents

It was tough call for me, but the reason I ultimately went with Dwight is that I felt he was more directly responsible for Houston's late game collapse. Even when he doesn't have his offense going, he's supposed to be a factor defensively and I was astounded by the lack of resistance that Portland encountered when they took it to the rim. Also, he missed far too many bunnies in the paint for my liking and a few times he was bailed out with soft foul calls. I have no qualms with saying Harden should be the loser, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Also, I think the loser of the Spurs/Mavs should be Dirk. Both he and Monta played equally bad, but more should be expected from Dirk and he missed a handful of easy shots in the 4th.
    Yeah, Dirk should certainly shoulder a lot of the blame as well. He missed some chippies by his standards but I felt that Monta was just a little bit more culpable for the loss.
    Last edited by Grinder; 04-21-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Thanks. Nene has always been an enigma for me. When he's healthy and dialed in, he can look like a superstar. When he has the mid range J working like he did last night, it's icing on the cake and just a nightmare for opposing defenses.

You've got to feel for the Bulls. That team was built to succeed around a volume scorer and they have no semblance of that without Rose.

It was tough call for me, but the reason I ultimately went with Dwight is that I felt he was more directly responsible for Houston's late game collapse. Even when he doesn't have his offense going, he's supposed to be a factor defensively and I was astounded by the lack of resistance that Portland encountered when they took it to the rim. Also, he missed far too many bunnies in the paint for my liking and a few times he was bailed out with soft foul calls. I have no qualms with saying Harden should be the loser, however.
    true, they were still up even though harden played like ass throughout the game. its funny how dwight hit clutch freethrows after clutch freethrows in overtime and missed everything when they hacked him. And yeah he needs to pick up his defence.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Great and subjective post as usual grinder
    Though I have to say that the loser for the rockets should be James Harden. Blaming Howard for hack a howard isnt very fair because howard is a known bad freethrow shooter. I can see your reasons but for one, harden was 8/28, for seconds, he also choked badly in the clutch and refused to include his teammates despite being ice cold. just my 2 cents

learn to shoot then lol.. hes a clutch liability

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

learn to shoot then lol.. hes a clutch liability
    while i agree with this, i think Mchale should adjust. im not arguing that he wasnt a liability at the end of the game, i just think that harden sucked harder than he did

true, they were still up even though harden played like ass throughout the game. its funny how dwight hit clutch freethrows after clutch freethrows in overtime and missed everything when they hacked him. And yeah he needs to pick up his defence.
    Yep, you can see how much of a mental thing it is for Dwight. I'm disappointed in the way Harden conducted himself...a lot of times he was just looking for the foul rather than making an honest effort to make the shot. The funny thing was that he came into the league as a decent defender and it looks like he made conscious decision to just stop trying on that end.

Who would you guys say was the overall worst player yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Yep, you can see how much of a mental thing it is for Dwight. I'm disappointed in the way Harden conducted himself...a lot of times he was just looking for the foul rather than making an honest effort to make the shot. The funny thing was that he came into the league as a decent defender and it looks like he made conscious decision to just stop trying on that end.

Who would you guys say was the overall worst player yesterday?
    Overall worst player? Hm well honestly I dont think we need such a thing

Player of the day: Blake Griffin - 35 points and 6 boards in 30 mins on 13/17 shooting.

Was waiting for this, IMHO the winner today of the thunder griz game should be the griz's teamwork. They were beast defensively, but what surprised me was how good their offense looke, new coach maybe?
    Loser is either kd or Russ IMHO.
    Didn't watch the other game

Could you add all your Posts to the OP?

Btw Winner of last night should be, Randolph? Agreed?

Could you add all your Posts to the OP?

Btw Winner of last night should be, Randolph? Agreed?
    i think there is a word limit for any individual post.
    and i think more credit needs to be given to conley, the coach, and the griz offense in general. for a team that supposedly cant score the ball, they had beautiful movement.