Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Pacers have some huge decisions coming..

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Just hire an offensive coordinator . At one point in the season this was the best team in the league due to Vogel's system. You cant blame Vogel for the pathetic performance of Roy Hibbert and Paul George. Who were voted All stars.
    No, they were the best team in the league because of DEFENSE...Roy Hibbert made the all-star team because of DEFENSE...Paul George, same thing...He would have still been an all-star even if he wasn't putting up godly numbers...He just would've needed to put up decent numbers and elite defense and he would still have been an all-star...Its always about defense first with this team. They were where they were last year because of defense....When a team has a sh*t offense even though they don't have sh*tty offensive players, that is the coaches fault 9/10 times....They have coordinators and they're all defensive minded too, guys like Popeye Jones for instance who watched film with Hibbert the other day...What is Popeye Jones going to teach Roy about offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    No, they were the best team in the league because of DEFENSE...Roy Hibbert made the all-star team because of DEFENSE...Paul George, same thing...He would have still been an all-star even if he wasn't putting up godly numbers...He just would've needed to put up decent numbers and elite defense and he would still have been an all-star...Its always about defense first with this team. They were where they were last year because of defense....When a team has a sh*t offense even though they don't have sh*tty offensive players, that is the coaches fault 9/10 times....They have coordinators and they're all defensive minded too, guys like Popeye Jones for instance who watched film with Hibbert the other day...What is Popeye Jones going to teach Roy about offense?
    Read my first sentence again.

Learning to shoot layups

I think that unless they make the finals vogel is as good as gone. They need a great coach to clear all the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicxr6
    Damn don't envy being bird right now.. This team was so close.. Now they couldn't be more far away... And if he doesn't make the right decision.. This team will fall apart completely
    This is the second time Bird had a team on the verge of a championship just to see it fall apart.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    i agree with you completely. i'm sorry to say this but i was rooting for the pacers up until their meltdown against the hawks last night. they cant even take advantage of home court advantage, they are just not the same. i wanted them to make it to the finals (i was born in indianapolis) but they just wont make it at this rate. here's hoping that they turn it around but i have been very critical of vogel's ball-stopping offense from the beginning, either way, the pacers need to get back to learning how to defend all over again apparently.

This isn't a locker room thing anymore. This is about their offense as well. It's terrible but they've always been known for defense. Who's running the offense now? Their not delivering. This is going to be huge and I wish the knicks could of been on the other side of the grass because it's greener this year. Hawks can definitely upset.