Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Playoff performances better than 2012 ECF G6?

Legacy wise? None.

I've been trying to come up with one but I've got nothing. The circumstances and his response put this over the top in my eyes. Game 7 last year was nice too but I think this one blows that away.
    Let's rewind to 2012, Lebron was still ringless after failing mightily the previous finals. After all the weight of the decision's fallout, was on the verge of being eliminated by a Celtics team we thought had expired. His legacy would have never recovered. He came out and took the game by the throat, silenced the critics for a bit. He delivered.

I rule the local playground Ronaldinho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    I've been trying to come up with one but I've got nothing. The circumstances and his response put this over the top in my eyes. Game 7 last year was nice too but I think this one blows that away.
    Let's rewind to 2012, Lebron was still ringless after failing mightily the previous finals. After all the weight of the decision's fallout, was on the verge of being eliminated by a Celtics team we thought had expired. His legacy would have never recovered. He came out and took the game by the throat, silenced the critics for a bit. He delivered.
    Yeah, a hell of a game by Lebron.

I really like Kobe finals 09 game 1 too, 40/8/8/2/2 and only one TO, after losing to the Celtics in 08 he was on a hell of a pressure to get that forth ring. Losing the first game would be real bad.

GOAT if you consider all the pressure that he had on him.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

So Lebron who had completely stacked the deck in his favor 2 years prior and was is in danger of failing for the 2nd year in a row with his stacked team beats an old and hobbled Celtics team who nobody expected to even make the finals, and all of a sudden it's a legacy game

The only reason it was such a big game in the first place is because they hadn't been living up to the expectations Lebron/ the HEAT put on themselves..

Beating the Celtics and making the finals is what they were supposed to do, there was no reason for that team to be a game away from being eliminated by the 2012 version of the Celtics

It was a great game by Lebon, but this "context" needs to be put in context

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    So Lebron who had completely stacked the deck in his favor 2 years prior and was is in danger of failing for the 2nd year in a row with his stacked team beats an old and hobbled Celtics team who nobody expected to even make the finals, and all of a sudden it's a legacy game

The only reason it was such a big game in the first place is because they hadn't been living up to the expectations Lebron/ the HEAT put on themselves..

Beating the Celtics and making the finals is what they were supposed to do, there was no reason for that team to be a game away from being eliminated by the 2012 version of the Celtics

It was a great game by Lebon, but this "context" needs to be put in context
    I mean you can twist it however it need be, but it is what it is. The whole stacking the deck premise is pretty much part of what made it so great. And regardless of what you say about boston in hindsight, they were worldchamps at one point and had the Heat on the ropes.

Banned

people talk about ray allen saving lebron's legacy a year later as if he hit a 6 point shot and was the best player during those playoffs but lebron vs celtics game 6 was actually a LEGACY GAME. elimination game on the road in boston nonetheless .

one of the best, hard to make a top but the same tier as magic's in 80, russel's 30-40 in game 7, many jordan games or even the same lebron in 2007 vs detroit.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

I mean you can twist it however it need be, but it is what it is. The whole stacking the deck premise is pretty much part of what made it so great. And regardless of what you say about boston in hindsight, they were worldchamps at one point and had the Heat on the ropes.

Boston had been world champs 4 years prior.. and had been beaten by the HEAT in 5 games the year before..

The whole stacking the deck premise is pretty much part of what made it so great.
    that doesn't make any sense, the ONLY REASON that there was so much pressure on this game is because people were thinking "how the fck is Lebron about to get eliminated 2 years in a row with the best team in the league around him "

that's why there was pressure, not because Lebron was facing some incredible opponent that nobody thought he could beat..but because Lebron was losing to opponents that he had no right to be losing to with the team he had around him..

mj 1992 ecsf bulls vs knicks game 7

42pts 15/29 fg 12/13ft 6rb 4ast 2stl 3blks... zero 3's attempted.

one of my fav games from mike, with the famous chase down block on mcdaniel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWsgkauZb-U
    Last edited by diamenz; 04-15-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Boston had been world champs 4 years prior.. and had been beaten by the HEAT in 5 games the year before..

that doesn't make any sense, the ONLY REASON that there was so much pressure on this game is because people were thinking "how the fck is Lebron about to get eliminated 2 years in a row with the best team in the league around him "

that's why there was pressure, not because Lebron was facing some incredible opponent that nobody thought he could beat..but because Lebron was losing to opponents that he had no right to be losing to with the team he had around him..
    Bosh had just returned from and abdominal tear/strain and only was able to contributed 7 points in limited minutes and d-wade was the only other double digit scorer with 17 points from 6/17 shooting. Lebron completely took the game over, put the heat on his back, squashed any comebacks and took the crowd out of it. Don't hate.

Good college starter

That was arguable the best playoff performance post-2000 by any player. The pressure, the expectations from him that game. He surpassed them all. Some people are seriously downplaying how impressive that performance was.

It was a manufactured moment. He choked so many times before that, what did you expect? The pressure was self-inflected due to the many chokejobs. He did have a great game though, sure it was against a team they were so much better than, but still great

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    mj 1993 ecsf bulls vs knicks game 7

42pts 15/29 fg 12/13ft 6rb 4ast 2stl 3blks... zero 3's attempted.

one of my fav games from mike, with the famous chase down block on mcdaniel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWsgkauZb-U
    You mean 1992. The move that he did at 1:35 time was flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    You mean 1992. The move that he did at 1:35 time was flawless.
    corrected, thanks. his will to get to the basket was a sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    It was a manufactured moment. He choked so many times before that, what did you expect? The pressure was self-inflected due to the many chokejobs. He did have a great game though, sure it was against a team they were so much better than, but still great

yeah ok cus the pressure of a make or break legacy game is sooo artificial