Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What if Brooklyn falls to the 6th seed???

Quote Originally Posted by INDI
    What we were thinking would be bad for the 1st seed in the east (a second round match up with Nets/Bulls) can actually happen to the second seed.

Bulls are currently in 3rd and the wiz have been playing well, While brooklyn semi struggling of late.

Maybe far fetched but I really want to see a heat/brooklyn match up in the second round. No more cakewalks to the finals
    Brooklyn and/or Bulls are still a cakewalk in the second round compared to what the WC will be doing.

Banned

Bottom line is this:

Heat reach the ECF easy, no matter who they face.

Pacers get eliminated second round, no matter who they face.

These lower seeded EC teams must be licking their chops to go against soft ass Roy Hibbert.

Local High School Star

Told yall

Told yall
    only half of what you posted is true given that raptors are 3 seed and not bulls.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    only half of what you posted is true given that raptors are 3 seed and not bulls.
    I'll give you that, but I truthfully felt that the key to the nets strategy was getting the heat in the 2nd round instead of the pacers. The pacers are a bad matchup for them and have killed them all season, while on the other hand the heat is a much more favorable matchup.

Round 1 whether it was bulls or raps was of little significance even though if I had a choice I would pick raps

I'll give you that, but I truthfully felt that the key to the nets strategy was getting the heat in the 2nd round instead of the pacers. The pacers are a bad matchup for them and have killed them all season, while on the other hand the heat is a much more favorable matchup.

Round 1 whether it was bulls or raps was of little significance even though if I had a choice I would pick raps
    You do understand, that in all likelihood, you are going to have to face the Pacers in the ECF right?

What is the point of the Nets avoiding the Pacers for one round? So they can get eliminated the next round?

What exactly does that do?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    You do understand, that in all likelihood, you are going to have to face the Pacers in the ECF right?

What is the point of the Nets avoiding the Pacers for one round? So they can get eliminated the next round?

What exactly does that do?
    No one expects the pacers to lose to their first round matchup of the hawks, but there is big potential of a upset in the second round of wiz/bulls.

Also if the nets get past Miami that is an accomplishment in itself and should give the confidence booster that they can compete with anyone.

Either way I'm excited

No one expects the pacers to lose to their first round matchup of the hawks, but there is big potential of a upset in the second round of wiz/bulls.

Also if the nets get past Miami that is an accomplishment in itself and should give the confidence booster that they can compete with anyone.

Either way I'm excited
    How is getting to pass the second round for a team with Championship aspirations "an accomplishment"?

Was Miami beating Boston to go to the ECF in 2011 "an accomplishment"?

Your "excited" for a team that is 50 million over the salary cap, all in an effort to win a championship, if they get eliminated in the second round by the Heat? Or even if they beat the Heat and then get eliminated in the ECF by the Pacers?

You think a team of PG, KG, DWILL, and Johnson that went ALL IN to win would be happy with anything short of a ring?
    Last edited by FLDFSU; 04-16-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Local High School Star

How is getting to pass the second round for a team with Championship aspirations "an accomplishment"?

Was Miami beating Boston to go to the ECF in 2011 "an accomplishment"?

Your "excited" for a team that is 50 million over the salary cap, all in an effort to win a championship, if they get eliminated in the second round by the Heat? Or even if they beat the Heat and then get eliminated in the ECF by the Pacers?

You think a team of PG, KG, DWILL, and Johnson that went ALL IN to win would be happy with anything short of a ring?
    Are you being serious? Of course they had championships aspirations but obviously the horrendous start cooled that talk way down and we spent the first half of the season fighting for an identity and staying in the playoff race. To add insult to injury we then go on to lose the teams best player for the season. All of that had us looking extremely similar to last year's lakers squad.

We did manage to turn it around and had one of the best records in the league post ASB, which I also believe saved Kidds coaching career. If the Nets beat the heat, that says something. It says that this team is on the right path.

To respond to your statement about the championship. Of course a championship was the goal but even stevie wonder saw that we needed to lower that expectation so YES I do believe that if the nets can make it to the ECF than it was a successful season.

You never hear any brooklyn fan talk about payrolls because not a dollar came out of our pocket. You don't hear it from the owner either because he's good for it. You only hear about it from all the others I guess because they mad our owner is willing to spend it

Are you being serious? Of course they had championships aspirations but obviously the horrendous start cooled that talk way down and we spent the first half of the season fighting for an identity and staying in the playoff race. To add insult to injury we then go on to lose the teams best player for the season. All of that had us looking extremely similar to last year's lakers squad.

We did manage to turn it around and had one of the best records in the league post ASB, which I also believe saved Kidds coaching career. If the Nets beat the heat, that says something. It says that this team is on the right path.

To respond to your statement about the championship. Of course a championship was the goal but even stevie wonder saw that we needed to lower that expectation so YES I do believe that if the nets can make it to the ECF than it was a successful season.

You never hear any brooklyn fan talk about payrolls because not a dollar came out of our pocket. You don't hear it from the owner either because he's good for it. You only hear about it from all the others I guess because they mad our owner is willing to spend it
    I understand that. The Heat also struggled at the beginning of 2010-11 season. But when we defeated Boston in round 2...I doubt any Heat fan thought of it as "an accomplishment." There was work left to be done. We failed to win a ring. Therefore our season was a bust.

If the Mavs would have just beaten the Lakers(Rd 2) and then lost in the next round, would the Mavs be considered "accomplished"?

I guess my question is...why as a fan of a team that has KG, DWILL, PIERCE, and Johnson...why do you have such low expectations?

Local High School Star

I understand that. The Heat also struggled at the beginning of 2010-11 season. But when we defeated Boston in round 2...I doubt any Heat fan thought of it as "an accomplishment." There was work left to be done. We failed to win a ring. Therefore our season was a bust.

If the Mavs would have just beaten the Lakers(Rd 2) and then lost in the next round, would the Mavs be considered "accomplished"?

I guess my question is...why as a fan of a team that has KG, DWILL, PIERCE, and Johnson...why do you have such low expectations?
    i am just a realist The fanboy in me says they'll win it all but being totally realistic I see their peak being ECF. Now guess what, they reach the ECF and my opinion changes.

don't get me wrong I love my team but the thing that concerns me the most is injuries, it's almost a guarantee that either KG or DWILL will miss games due to injury (Pierce and Kirilenko as well). Which will leave us on any given day a big 3 or a big 2, instead of the big 4. Heck KG just game back from like 19 games missed the other day.

Chemistry and luck wins championships, we developed the former finally but have been horrible with the latter so hopefully that swings in our favor. Last thing I would say is conference finals is not a low expectation for your team. For us it would mean we finished as 3rd or 4th best team in the PO and we knocked off the back to back champs.

Hopefully we win the Championship but it's not championship or bust.

As a Nets fan I dont think the Nets actually planed that far, we clearly aint preparing for a possible series against the Pacers lmao. Its about choosing between the Raptors and the Bulls, neither is an easy road. However, one of them is tough but manageable, the other is pretty much a death route, which one would you pick? Sure good chance we still lose to the Raptors, but Id take a series that we have a certain chance to win than a series that we apparently cannot win. Kidd is smart, but I doubt he is actually preparing for anything beyond the 1st round. We are a 1st or 2nd round team this year, its the harsh truth since Brook Lopez went down.

Well, to me, BKN should be thinking championship or bust. Just like the Bulls, Pacer, Heat.

They have the players, the talent, and the Owner that has gone ALL IN to get a ring. Talking about getting to the second round for a team that features KG, Pierce, DWill, and Johnson, IMO, is ludicrous.

And to the point of trying to avoid certain teams. What is the point? Your going to have to face Pacer/Bulls at some point in order to get to the teams goal of winning a championship this season.

So if Nets get eliminated in the first round or third round because they cannot beat the Bulls/Pacers, the point remains, you are not the best team in the East, much less the league---which is the reason KG, Pierce, DWill, and Johnson formed this union.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    As a Nets fan I dont think the Nets actually planed that far, we clearly aint preparing for a possible series against the Pacers lmao. Its about choosing between the Raptors and the Bulls, neither is an easy road. However, one of them is tough but manageable, the other is pretty much a death route, which one would you pick? Sure good chance we still lose to the Raptors, but Id take a series that we have a certain chance to win than a series that we apparently cannot win. Kidd is smart, but I doubt he is actually preparing for anything beyond the 1st round. We are a 1st or 2nd round team this year, its the harsh truth since Brook Lopez went down.
    You know the East is full of weak teams when they talk about Chicago "no offense" Bulls being a "death route"

pacers not gonna get by bulls imo