Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Yet Again, The NBA Is Ducking Good Euroleague Teams Out Of Fear

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Germany is trying to popularize it's own league, that's why Alba is playing an NBA team ir pre-season. It's a money game, it's not like they just call each other and say "hey let's fly our plane to you and play a worthless game for nothing, whatcha say about that, Alba?". Germany's basketball's executives invest money in this shit.
    And Ulker is a solid Euroleague club, that has a ****ton of money, once again, money makes everything.

Real, Barcelona, Maccabi doesn't do stuff like this, because they're not lacking in popularity, those teams make a lot of profit, so there's no real point in organizing a pointless game, even if it is with an NBA team.
    Panathinaikos and Olympiacos have both requested to get NBA games every year for the last several years and to pay for them. Not once have they gotten them.

The NBA is AFRAID to go play there.

Just like they are afraid to play in any hot arena in Europe, or against any good Euroleague team. They got beat regularly by Barca and CSKA, and those are teams with some of the coldest arenas even.

So now it's all this Fener (which is NOT a solid Euroleague team, they are a bad team every year for many years now) and Alba (which is a joke, as it's not even a good Eurocup team even), etc.

And it's not about marketing Germany's league, because Germany's league is already doing #1 in Europe in all those categories.

If it was REALLY about "marketing", then the game would be played somewhere it has not been played yet, where there is BIG interest, like Belgrade, or Athens, or Kaunas, or somewhere like that...........
    Last edited by Euroleague; 04-10-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    But interesting, why not Bayern? They are the most german hyped team and they're investing a lot in basketball.
    Because they are a much stronger team than Alba. That's why. That would be a harder opponent for the Spurs.

And that just proves it has nothing to do with "marketing" and money. Bayern is one of the hugest and richest clubs in the world, and the interest, marketing, and money factor is enormous.

So if it was about "marketing in Germany", they would have played against Bayern. But no, that's a much better team, so that ups the chances the Spurs might lose the game and tarnish the NBA fake image of superiority.

Which is still hilarious, as even Bayern is no more than a mediocre Euroleague, team at best.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 04-10-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Its the NBA preseason. This supposedly bad Euroleague team will end up playing against third stringers and guys competing for a roster spot for 80% of the game.

The whole point of the preseason is the NBA guys go at half speed and work out the kinks from the offseason. At half-speed, this means just about any Euroleague team that exists on this Earth might just barely be able to keep up.

Because the Euroleague is a pile of steaming hot dogshit.
    And this myth and lie is spread by NBA only fans, and it never once holds true.

Either NBA starters are playing the 4th quarter, or NBA 3rd string are playing against Euroleague 3rd string.

Keep spreading your propaganda bullshit.

Good college starter

NBA Teams are like 32-3 against Euroleague teams.

This is like feeding tomato cans to spar with Mike Tyson.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    I believe that Bayern has well attended games, and obv. they have no problems with money.
    On the other hand, I think I read about Alba's poor finansual situation like a year ago, so this does make sense for them.
    Spending millions of dollars on a game that they won't get it back on makes sense for them if they are in financial trouble?

You think Alba needs an NBA team to sell tickets, sell merchandise, and get TV ratings?

They are at or near the top of Europe every year in that. They don't need an NBA game to do that. All this would do is cost them money.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 04-10-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    NBA Teams are like 32-3 against Euroleague teams.

This is like feeding tomato cans to spar with Mike Tyson.
    Oh look, one of the NBA propaganda bot programs has arrived.

there is absolutely no doubt that the nba is ducking garbage teams

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    If it was REALLY about "marketing", then the game would be played somewhere it has not been played yet, where there is BIG interest, like Belgrade, or Athens, or Kaunas, or somewhere like that...........
    The Spurs should send their D League team to Panathinaikos and Olympiacos.

The only thing I got from all this is that Papagiannis will be the next Dirk of the NBA and if you made a Euro dream team vs NBA dream team, Euro team
    would get dominated.