7-time NBA All-Star

Default Westbrook proves that the media knows NOTHING about hoops and just flip-flops around

Westbrook was given top 75 for his triple-doubles

But then he was given 100% blame for the Lakers' goat underachevement and is now universally-recognized as a cancer.

So he isn't top 75 obviously, which confirms that the media knows nothing about basketball and fall for kindergarten shit like "triple-double"

The reality is that neither are true - he isn't top 75 and didn't cause the Lakers to underacheive..

Ultimately, the bad fit of Lebron-Westbrook caused the bad season, which reflects skill deficits of BOTH players - neither guy can play off-ball and neither guy has elite jumpshooting skill.. They're both flawed, Luka-style ball-dominators that hog the assists and yield low assist teams..

Unfortunately, the media is scared to blame Lebron's skill deficit and only blames Westbrook's
    Last edited by 3ba11; 08-04-2022 at 02:55 PM.

Default Re: Westbrook proves that the media knows NOTHING about hoops and just flip-flops aro

The concepts of players declining as they age continues to elude you.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Westbrook proves that the media knows NOTHING about hoops and just flip-flops aro

The historical record shows that LeBron and Westbrook continue to devalue stats the longer they go in their careers

Nah Russ is A LOCK top 75 legend. His style of play as a PG has ALWAYS been polarizing. But his numbers and solo accolades make him A LOCK for that list. IF THE Lakers won a ring last season, Russ's PRODUCTION would likely be the same. When he hit the Lakers, I KNEW his numbers would be 18-19 PPG, 7-8 dimes, 7-8 boards. Because he would be the third scoring option. And his dimes would be lower because Bron is on the squad.

But AD and Bron missing so many games AND the Lakers role players not up to par (defense and shooting wise), it was a formula DOOMED to fail. I think Russ CATCHES too much heat to be honest in general for the Lakers failure. BUT his failure to IMPROVE over the years is an absolutely fair criticism. U gotta be able to adapt if u wanna win a ring later in your career. Earl Monroe is a great example of that.

Bob McAdoo and Aguirre were sixth men when they won rings.. Lakers won a ring with Bron as the starting PG FLAT OUT! And not at his typical point forward spot. Why they went away from the formula I don't know. Bron at the PG, two very capable 3 and D wings, AD at PF, and an athletic center tandem (McGee and Howard) to defend and rebound was the formula. FROM THERE, u can move Bron to different positions PG to PF at times. U can move AD to center at times.
    Last edited by bizil; 08-04-2022 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Westbrook was given top 75 for his triple-doubles

But then he was given 100% blame for the Lakers' goat underachevement and is now universally-recognized as a cancer.

So he isn't top 75 obviously, which confirms that the media knows nothing about basketball and fall for kindergarten shit like "triple-double"

The reality is that neither are true - he isn't top 75 and didn't cause the Lakers to underacheive..

Ultimately, the bad fit of Lebron-Westbrook caused the bad season, which reflects skill deficits of BOTH players - neither guy can play off-ball and neither guy has elite jumpshooting skill.. They're both flawed, Luka-style ball-dominators that hog the assists and yield low assist teams..

Unfortunately, the media is scared to blame Lebron's skill deficit and only blames Westbrook's
    You're barking up the wrong tree, partner.

The weak link on the Lakers wasn't the top 75 bros of Bron, AD and Westbrook. It was Frank Vogel.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

You said westbrook was the best player in the world a few years ago

You were saying Jordan was a super Westbrook thus would dominate even more

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    You said westbrook was the best player in the world a few years ago

You were saying Jordan was a super Westbrook thus would dominate even more

I said that Jordan would be a 6'6" Westbrook except with 10 percentage points more in his efficiency and half the turnovers and goat leadership and intangibles

That's what I said

Let's take a second and evaluate a 6'3" player with low IQ, goat turnovers and horrific shooting- if that guy can be MVP and average Oscar numbers, then the 6'6" smart version with goat jumpshooting skill would rip up this league... into shreds
    Last edited by 3ba11; 08-05-2022 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    I said that Jordan would be a 6'6" Westbrook
    Even if I was the drunkest Jordan stan I would never type this sentence ever.