Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The Lakers losing to the pistons in 04 is the biggest choke

This thread is how you know that some posters are only 13

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

I think at this point, I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that Lechoke in the '11 finals in the biggest chokejob in the history of all sports.

I am your soldier!

Rip was the 4th or 5th best player on the team.

Chauncey/Sheed/Wallace were top three.

Rip/Tayshaun bottom two.

Ben Wallace was actually the only All-Star from the Pistons that year. Rip, Chauncey and Sheed (at least as a Piston) didn't become All-Stars until the following seasons.

Dunking on everybody in the park

It's obviously such a bad choke job because the team didn't have the "star power" the OP expects every championship team to have. Why isn't it the biggest choke job that the Lakers couldn't beat a bunch of scrubs?

I mean it's not like people ever bring up that Pistons team in EVERY Thread about the best defense in the league's history. It's not like that team didn't downright hold teams to abysmal scoring numbers in their games. This is exactly what disgusts me about things. Forget giving the actual team that won credit, let's just bring down the other team. The Pistons did NOTHING To win that chip, it was all just the Lakers losing.

Kobe cost them the championship. He wanted to win his first NBA Finals MVP. Shaq could have been a 4x NBA Finals MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by MVBallin2K
    It's obviously such a bad choke job because the team didn't have the "star power" the OP expects every championship team to have. Why isn't it the biggest choke job that the Lakers couldn't beat a bunch of scrubs?

I mean it's not like people ever bring up that Pistons team in EVERY Thread about the best defense in the league's history. It's not like that team didn't downright hold teams to abysmal scoring numbers in their games. This is exactly what disgusts me about things. Forget giving the actual team that won credit, let's just bring down the other team. The Pistons did NOTHING To win that chip, it was all just the Lakers losing.
    They're an all-time great defensive team, but NOBODY was expecting them to win. Heck, they were the underdogs against the Pacers.