Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Most enjoyable NBA season

Banned

2004 season first time seeing Detroit Pistons winning

2008 was the best for me too. Until the finals of course.
    Kobe had his best season, Lakers went back to contation, got Gasol, Bynum blosomed, Fisher came back.

The NBA in general was good as well 48 win Warriors didn't make the playoffs, great games, CP3 and Lebron playing very good basketball, Celtics big 3 dominating.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Did he say they didn't deserve? Even LeBron admits 2011 was on him. 2011 made 2012-13 that much sweeter
    I don't really see how it's shutting up the critics then.

2006 when Miami won the championship.

1995-1996

In the previous year, the GOAT, MJ, returned to basketball mid-season but wasn't at his top form. At the end of the season, the Bulls were swept by the Orlando Magic. Jordan vowed revenge on the league and his Bulls ended up winning 72 games overall. Would have won more but Phil sat down the starters for the last two games.

And that Orlando team that swept them previously? Bulls promptly swept them as payback. That Bulls team not only won the championship but virtually swept all individual awards (save for DPOY and ROY). Bulls players even dominated during the All-Star event.

In all, that season was the single most dominant season by a team and an individual player.

Not airballing my layups anymore

For me, it was the 1993-94 season, because I got to see my Houston Rockets finally win their first NBA Championship, and the first major league sports title for Houston.

Second place was 1985-86, because along with the Celtic and Laker dynasties at their peak, I got to watch the rise of the Twin Tower-era Rockets and I thought that despite their loss to Boston in the Finals, they were now a dynasty-in-waiting. And if Ralph Sampson had not injured his back in Boston in March 1986, and if our backcourt guys had been more concerned with dominating the baselines on the court than the white lines off of it, maybe we would have won a couple of more championships.

Plus in both seasons, the NBA let the players play ball. Physical play and hard fouls were just part of the game (even more so in '85-86), and when a fight broke out, it was not the end of the world.

And all of the great players in the league during both seasons. Along with seeing young and older versions of Hakeem Olajuwon, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Clyde Drexler, Karl Malone, Kevin Willis, and John Stockton in both seasons, it was also a joy to watch Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Julius "Dr. J" Erving, Sidney Moncrief, Dominique Wilkins, Isaiah Thomas, James Worthy, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kevin McHale, Tom Chambers, Maurice Lucas, Alex English, Moses Malone, George Gervin, Spud Webb, Mark Aguirre, and Larry Nance all in or near their prime in 1985-86. And 1993-94 featured Shaquille O'Neal, David Robinson, Kevin Johnson, Reggie Miller, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, Dikembe Mutombo, Larry "Grandmama" Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Penny Hardaway, and Chris Webber among others.

And all of this with arguably the greatest player, Michael Jordan, missing most of '85-86 with an injury and '93-94 with a gambling problem--oops, desire to play baseball.
    Last edited by 3243; 04-08-2014 at 07:49 PM.

College superstar

2008, 2000 (until the finals...), and '96.