Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Wiggins Chooses Jay-Z...

...not to be his agent, he decided to go with Bill Duffy, who also represents Steve Nash, Joakim Noah and Rajon Rondo.

Imagine the athleticism of a Noah, Wiggins, Rondo lineup? Add a couple sweet strokin whiteboys and you are lookin at a deep run.

Default Re: Wiggins Chooses Jay-Z...

Maybe let Wiggins prove himself first?

He seems very raw, his jumper is questionable and his handles are terrible.

Rondo, Noah and Wiggins wouldn't go anywhere.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89

Maybe I let you lick my nuts first, they are pretty raw too, or is that my shaft from all the fappin? Anyways, you are dumb and know shit about talent. You think it is all about polish for an 18 year old?

dumbassfakk

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Maybe I let you lick my nuts first, they are pretty raw too, or is that my shaft from all the fappin? Anyways, you are dumb and know shit about talent. You think it is all about polish for an 18 year old?

dumbassfakk
    the numbers dont lie wiggins is getting ridiculously overhyped

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    the numbers dont lie wiggins is getting ridiculously overhyped
    numbers are what we base potential on now, and what is all this overhyped shit when a thread about the choice of his agent pops up.

this thread said nothing about his skill simply about his agent and how his agent has other long athletic type players.

numbers are what we base potential on now, and what is all this overhyped shit when a thread about the choice of his agent pops up.

this thread said nothing about his skill simply about his agent and how his agent has other long athletic type players.
    This thread said nothing about skill and yet you somehow implied that Wiggins, Rondo and Noah could make a deep run. Who the fk is Wiggins to help those make such a deep run. Don't get me wrong, I would love for this draft class to be everything it is hyped up to be, but go easy there fella.

By the way, your thread title is also wrong and deceiving.
    Last edited by Andrei89; 04-08-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Handles are terrible?

He is a perfectly fine ballhandler that will only get better with time. He was guarded by players smaller than him all season to stop his dribble penetration. Even they couldn't stop him.

As soon as he gets his midrange shot down pat, this kid is a sure fire top 5 player in today's league. Players his size cannot stay in front of him, and if you put a smaller guard on him, he'll be able to shoot over the top of them.

Even with his game the way it is, and it's not raw like many will have you believe, he will more than likely flourish in his rookie season.

NBA Superstar

By the way, your thread title is also wrong and deceiving.

I apologize for my earlier outburst, you are obviously a bit slow.

I apologize for my earlier outburst, you are obviously a bit slow.

Slow? Your thread title is the kind of thread that Bagelred ******* would make. Not funny and fishing for attention.
    Last edited by Andrei89; 04-08-2014 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Handles are terrible?

He is a perfectly fine ballhandler that will only get better with time. He was guarded by players smaller than him all season to stop his dribble penetration. Even they couldn't stop him.

As soon as he gets his midrange shot down pat, this kid is a sure fire top 5 player in today's league. Players his size cannot stay in front of him, and if you put a smaller guard on him, he'll be able to shoot over the top of them.

Even with his game the way it is, and it's not raw like many will have you believe, he will more than likely flourish in his rookie season.
    First bolded - no, he's not. His handles aren't awful..but if we're going to hold him to the standards of a top 3 pick and a potential superstar in this league, his handles are pretty mediocre. All the great perimeter players in recent memory - Kobe, Lebron, Wade, TMac, Durant, etc. weren't average or even bland ball handlers. They were elite at it, it was a weapon. Wiggins hasn't shown anything to suggest that his handles will be one of his weapons in the NBA. Like you said he could definitely improve it, but it's not something you just pick up. It takes a lot of work, and while it's not a deal-breaking flaw, it is a legitimate issue in his "future superstar" game.

Second bolded - again, no he's not. With guys like Durant, Blake, Davis, Westbrook, Embiid, Jabari, etc and so much more young talent in the league, he's not sure fire anything. Athleticism is huge. But that alone is not enough to suggest that he's going to be a sure-fire top 5 player in the NBA. Top 5 is a pretty tough group to be in.

I do agree though that relative to his college career, he will do great in the NBA. He'll be in a much better position to succeed, and I think he will.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    First bolded - no, he's not. His handles aren't awful..but if we're going to hold him to the standards of a top 3 pick and a potential superstar in this league, his handles are pretty mediocre. All the great perimeter players in recent memory - Kobe, Lebron, Wade, TMac, Durant, etc. weren't average or even bland ball handlers. They were elite at it, it was a weapon. Wiggins hasn't shown anything to suggest that his handles will be one of his weapons in the NBA. Like you said he could definitely improve it, but it's not something you just pick up. It takes a lot of work, and while it's not a deal-breaking flaw, it is a legitimate issue in his "future superstar" game.

Second bolded - again, no he's not. With guys like Durant, Blake, Davis, Westbrook, Embiid, Jabari, etc and so much more young talent in the league, he's not sure fire anything. Athleticism is huge. But that alone is not enough to suggest that he's going to be a sure-fire top 5 player in the NBA. Top 5 is a pretty tough group to be in.

I do agree though that relative to his college career, he will do great in the NBA. He'll be in a much better position to succeed, and I think he will.
    Derozan has a far worst handle than wiggins back then.. look at derozan now does he fumble a lot?

his defensive skills are quite undervalued as well... Funny you bring Jabari.. he can just score... put guys like igoudala, tony allen even afflalo jabari would have problems
    Last edited by veilside23; 04-08-2014 at 12:45 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

First season in the league Durant and Lebron were not good ball handlers at all.

dumbassfakk

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    Derozan has a far worst handle than wiggins back then.. look at derozan now does he fumble a lot?

his defensive skills are quite undervalued as well... Funny you bring Jabari.. he can just score... put guys like igoudala, tony allen even afflalo jabari would have problems
    To be honest he still does a bit...

His handles have gone from below average for a SG, to slightly above average.

Partially why he settles for long 2's I'm guessing.

He's young and so is Wiggins, and both will go as far as their work ethics will take them. In Derozans case, we know he has a great work ethic, Wiggins is still yet to be determined.