Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: Who Would You Build Ur Team Around:Lebron Or Tim Dunacn(In Prime)?

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Is going to the finals and choking really better than not going to the finals? Spurs have never successfully defended their title. So far, LeBron has gone to the finals with the Heat every year he has played with them. Duncan has missed the Finals, or the WCF even and that's with Popvich, Parker, and Ginobli. I'd rather get to the finals and choke, than miss the WCF.
    2000: Duncan goes down
    2004: Fisher miracle shot
    2006: Manu stupid foul on Dirk

Not making excuses, but a few lucky moments and the Spurs could have 5-peated.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    2000: Duncan goes down
    2004: Fisher miracle shot
    2006: Manu stupid foul on Dirk

Not making excuses, but a few lucky moments and the Spurs could have 5-peated.
    But they didn't, and they choked last year after being up 5 w/ 28 seconds left. Theoreticals aren't going to win this race. They didn't defend their titles and they didn't 5 peat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Yeah, lets pretend that LeBron didn't carry Mo and West to 60+ wins, and beat the Spurs and Duncan with an injured Wade and bitch in Bosh.
    Supporting Casts:

'09-'10 Cavaliers (61 wins, lost 2nd round before Bron abandoned them)

Mo Williams- 15.8 PPG (43% 3 PT)/ 5.3 APG
    Antwan Jamison- 15.8 PPG/ 7.7 RPG
    Shaquille O'Neal- 12 PPG (57% FG)/ 6.7 RPG
    Anderson Varejao- 8.6 PPG (57% FG)/ 7.6 RPG
    Delonte West- 8.8 PPG/ 3 APG
    Zydrunas Illgauskas- 7.4 PPG/ 5.4 RPG
    Anthony Parker- 7.3 PPG (41% 3PT)
    Boobie Gibson- 6.3 PPG (48% 3 PT)

'02-03 Spurs (60 Wins, Championship)
    Tony Parker- 15.5 PPG/ 5.3 APG
    Stephen Jackson- 11.8 PPG
    Malik Rose- 10.4 PPG/ 6.7 RPG
    David Robinson- 8.5 PPG/ 7.9 RPG
    Manu Ginobli- 7.6 PPG

Who is seriously going to sit there and tell me that Timmy had a better supporting cast in '03 when he won his second ring than Bron in '10 when he abandoned his 61 win team?

That's just from ticket sales. You do realize that they make a shit load of money from other sources, right? Maybe not.
    Go ahead and show me the revenue LeBron is making for his team(s) outside of ticket sales as compared to Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    But they didn't, and they choked last year after being up 5 w/ 28 seconds left. Theoreticals aren't going to win this race. They didn't defend their titles and they didn't 5 peat.
    And the fact that a 37-year-old Duncan, a hobbled Tony Parker, and an awful Manu Ginobili took the LeBron-lead Heat to 7 games is probably the most embarrassing thing of all.

Like I said, Duncan never got to play with anything like the 2011 Heat. And LeBron never won with anything like the 2003 Spurs.

Defending the title is the most arbitrary thing in all of basketball. Winning 5 straight titles then losing 5 straight is hardly better than winning 1 every other year for a decade, is it?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Supporting Casts:

Manu Ginobli- 7.6 PPG

Who is seriously going to sit there and tell me that Timmy had a better supporting cast in '03 when he won his second ring than Bron in '10 when he abandoned his 61 win team?

Go ahead and show me the revenue LeBron is making for his team(s) outside of ticket sales as compared to Tim.
    Tim Duncan never quit against the Lakers.. Lebron did against the Celtics, thats the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Supporting Casts:

Manu Ginobli- 7.6 PPG

How about coaching? That cleveland list is deceptive. West and varejao were very good roleplayers but z, parker, shaq, jamison were all past their prime. Popovich and young parker alone is better than all of that. You are a bulls fan I presume? Jordan didnt win shit until he got phil and scottie. Same goes for every other great player. So why do you hold those cleveland teams against lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Tim Duncan never quit against the Lakers.. Lebron did against the Celtics, thats the difference.
    He disappeared for one game. Wow. If you think he quit in game 6 then I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    How about coaching? That cleveland list is deceptive. West and varejao were very good roleplayers but z, parker, shaq, jamison were all past their prime. Popovich and young parker alone is better than all of that. You are a bulls fan I presume? Jordan didnt win shit until he got phil and scottie. Same goes for every other great player. So why do you hold those cleveland teams against lebron?
    he is not a bulls fan. He has a big collection of Jordans in his basement and that is all you need to know about him.

Mo Williams:
    08-09 against Orlando - 18,3 ppg on 37/38/85 - 50% TS
    09-10 against Boston - 13,1 ppg on 40/21/85 - 52% TS

What an utterly fantastic 2nd option, Jordan would win at least 10 titles with this guy

Man, that guy was such a choker

Good college starter

What was Jordan's record without Pippen again

Tim Dunacn

Banned

That's all and well, but would you say Tim Duncan's supporting squad in 2003 was better than LeBron James' supporting squad in 2010?

Of course you wouldn't, unless you were trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    career losing record without Pip, over a sample of more than 300 games

goat tho

Very good NBA starter

It's ironic you say that because Parker was getting benched in 4th quarters for Speedy Claxton in the 2003 playoffs and shot .39 FG% in the Finals. Scored 14 ppg in the 05 Finals including an 8 point/.27 FG% game 7. Young Parker with a broken jump shot was certainly comparable to Mo Williams. As for coaching I agree Pop is the man. Every team needs help but Duncan was certainly a special player, top-10 out of thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1

What was Pippen's without Jordan again?

All I know is, MJ is 6 for 6 in the Finals.

What's Lebron's record in the Finals again?