Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Default Re: People you thought were scrubs only to be traded away and beast.

surprised no one has mentioned james johnson from the bulls to d league to grizzlies ....

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Jordan Hill

if you watch him play, he's one of the best rebounders in the league & he's the only Laker, who can get defensive stops on a consistent basis. Injuries have limited his playing time, but he's a very efficient player when he's on the court.
    One of the most misused players I have ever seen dude can score in the paint as well has a sweet hook shame, MDA has ****ed him around all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Bazemore
    Hill
    Young
    Wes Johnson

Lakers got a lot of solid players who might not be stars, but are definitely not scrubs (which I initially thought before they played for the purple and gold).
    I hope they stay with the team in the future while the Lakers get stock on talent through the draft.

James Johnson
    Courtney Lee
    Rudy Gay, depending on how you look at him
    Marcus Thornton
    Blatche, really surprised me after he left that hell hole in Washington
    Beverley
    Matt Barnes
    Robin Lopez
    Jermaine O' Neal
    Monta Ellis, same with Gay
    Richard Jefferson
    Majority of the Lakers and Magic

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Blatche, really surprised me after he left that hell hole in Washington
    his lazy ass was a big part of the reason it was a hellhole. They made him team captain. He was our go to player on offense for Wall's rookie season. He couldn't stay in shape, couldn't reign in his shot selection, and refused to prepare for games...AS CAPTAIN. At one point he was surprised by a reporter who asked him about Kevin Love shooting 3's. He didn't know Kevin Love was shooting like 5 3's a game and he was going to have to guard him that night.

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE ****! How can you be counted on to play up to a huge contract and just literally not give a ****. He used to sponsor "lap dance Tuesdays" at some strip club . One of my friends interviewed him for a class project and he showed up super baked. They went to a catered charity event and all Blatche ate was McDonalds.

He always had the ability. He's just a giant child
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 04-07-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Saw a basketball once

surprised no one has mentioned Lebran Jams

Quote Originally Posted by bob4
    surprised no one has mentioned Lebran Jams
    Five posts in eight years!

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by King Boozer
    An older player...Always went de fuq? whenever i would check out cards of his no matter how many times i saw it. First time i saw it thought it was a misprint lol.

Michael Adams (From Washington to Denver then back to Washington) had a good 7 year stretch.

Averaged Star numbers for one season. The definition of a "One Year Wonder."

90-91 (Pretty horrible FG & 3P %'s) .880 FT%, 4 rpg, 10.5 apg, 2.2 spg, 26.5 ppg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael...eer_statistics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9UHUJWWedE
    That 1990-1991 Denver team scored 119.9 ppg....and gave up 130.8 ppg. 130!!!!!! They didn't give up less than 100 points in a game the entire season. That's why Adams has such great counting stats but that's just because the Nuggets played at by far the fastest pace in NBA history:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...&order_by=pace

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    surprised no one has mentioned james johnson from the bulls to d league to grizzlies ....
    This is a good one.

Jordan Crawford went from a scrub on the Wiz to a beast on the Celtics to a scrub on the Warriors

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Five posts in eight years!
    The Halley's Comet of ISH

I feel special witnessing this rare moment.

I thought James Harden was a scrub, he got traded, and...still waiting on him to reach the "beast" part.

These are players I thought would be career losers but appear to have turned it around:

Gerald Green and Zach Randolph.

Gerald Green takes terrible shots but it doesn't seem to hurt the team. It almost seems like it's the Suns plan of attack. The are one hell of a team when Gerald Green is making shots.

Dunking on everybody in the park gin17's Avatar

plumlee
    tobias harris
    gerald green
    lin

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I retract my Bledsoe mention, I thought he was misused on the Clippers and didn't play as well as he could.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Gerald Green
    DJ Augustine
    (Larry Bird and Vogel )

Lowry and Dragic
    (Morey )
    The face palms aren't credible in either of these scenarios. Did you not watch DJ cower under the bright lights of the playoffs. During his small stint with the Raps he played more like an 11th man opposed to a back up at the 1. Neither Bird nor Ujiri should be reamed for parting ways with a guy who looked more fit to play in the D-league during his tenure at both locations.

And Lowry nor Dragic ever warranted the scrub label at any junctures in their careers.

You have a solid case for Green and DJ turning it around though...