Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Default Heat have a real shot at acquiring Pau next season

PG - Chalmers
    SG - Wade
    SF - LeBron
    PF - Bosh
    C - Gasol

Pau has said he is prioritizing winning and enjoyment over everything else, including money. Link here

This off-season, the Big 3 can all opt-out and sign new contracts. Battier is retiring, and a some contract's expire, like Haslem's.

So what if the Big 3 structure their contracts in such a way, so that Riley can offer Pau..... say 7mil/yr for 3 years. And the starting Center position on the Miami Heat, is his on the spot.

And Pau would get to play with Bosh, who's specialty is spreading the floor and clearing up the paint for Pau to work in.

Media attention,
    nationally televised games,
    get to enjoy the city of Miami which would fit Pau perfectly as a Hispanic,

and the chance to play with the most cohesive, team oriented, unselfish, fun championship team in decades. Everyone sees how happy the Heat players are with each other in the locker room. Playing with an unselfish player like LeBron, who is a willing passer at all times? To Pau, this would be a breath of fresh air after being under Kobe Ballhog Bryant all these years.

Here is a quote from Ray Allen, from February 2014, on why he will come back again for next season to play with Miami once again :

Allen also enjoys the camaraderie he has with his teammates. That, as much as anything else, is the driving force behind his decision to keep playing.

"I think my desire to continue to play is all about wanting to be around this group of guys," Allen said. "Because the last two years have been my funnest, just with these guys, this locker room, because of the cameraderie that has built, and the togetherness. That's what means more than anything."

Ray Allen, saying his 2 years in Miami have been the MOST FUN IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER! After all of the fighting on the Lakers, the unhappiness and complaining by Pau of Kobe's selfishness throughout the years..... Miami is the perfect fit for him.

This is what Pau recently said :

"But I would like to first be in a position to win a championship again and enjoy the last few years of my career and be in a good position to do so," Gasol said.

Miami is the BEST team in the league to do that with. The Heat are a very fun team to play for, the Locker Room is amazing, and championships keep coming

PG - Chalmers
    SG - Wade
    SF - LeBron
    PF - Bosh
    C - Gasol
    Last edited by 3LiftHeatCurse; 04-05-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Default Re: Heat have a real shot at acquiring Pau next season

pau really doesnt fit in well with the heats pace and space style of play, and defensively he is pretty slow.

hes very talented, but the heat would really have to adjust their style to make pau effective. plus hes pretty old, in a year or two, 7 mill a year could be bad value for the heat.

id stay away if i were riley

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

This gon b gud

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Show me where Pau said he didn't want to get paid this off season..

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    pau really doesnt fit in well with the heats pace and space style of play, and defensively he is pretty slow.

hes very talented, but the heat would really have to adjust their style to make pau effective. plus hes pretty old, in a year or two, 7 mill a year could be bad value for the heat.

He's only 33...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    "I want to be in a team that is going to be built to win a championship," Gasol said. "That's my top priority. Money won't be the main priority. Length and money are factors, but we'll see. Until I know all the options, I won't be able to measure them. But we're getting close to the end of my career. I want to be in a good situation. It's an important decision to make."

So, I'd say 7mil/yr for 3 years to be the Starting Center on the Miami Heat and contend for rings every year, with the most unselfish superstar in the NBA, and an All-Star PF in Bosh who spreads the floor and unclogs the paint for Pau.... on the most cohesive and happy locker room in all of sports.... in the city of Miami.....

Perfect fit.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...s-kobe-bryant/

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Sources: his asshole

Bosh is good as gone as soon as someone offers him a max contract. Lebron, well we all know how loyal Lebron is. If the Heat don't win the title he's a goner.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker

Bosh is good as gone as soon as someone offers him a max contract. Lebron, well we all know how loyal Lebron is. If the Heat don't win the title he's a goner.
    How many Heat fans you think there'll be on this board when all of dis happens?

The final true-or-false question is the one that will get the most attention.

Le Batard asked whether Bosh

Quote Originally Posted by chips93

The only detractor I could see is on defense. Pau Gasol can spread the floor like Bosh can, albeit not as good a 3 pt shooter, but Gasol has hit 3s this year.

On transition baskets, I'm not seeing Bosh exactly flying down the court with the rest of the Heat on those transition baskets.

All they need is a big who can stretch the floor to play with LeBron. And Pau is a great pick and roll center who can stretch the floor.

[QUOTE=3LiftHeatCurse]The final true-or-false question is the one that will get the most attention.

Le Batard asked whether Bosh

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    Did you expect him to say false? Come on now...
    He could have done what he did a million times before.

"No comment"

Regardless, he straight up said True. Keep your conspiracy theories to yourself cause I ain't buying them

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    The only detractor I could see is on defense. Pau Gasol can spread the floor like Bosh can, albeit not as good a 3 pt shooter, but Gasol has hit 3s this year.

On transition baskets, I'm not seeing Bosh exactly flying down the court with the rest of the Heat on those transition baskets.

All they need is a big who can stretch the floor to play with LeBron. And Pau is a great pick and roll center who can stretch the floor.
    Yup. Contrary to popular belief, Miami is actually a player in this off-season free agent signings. A bunch of contracts expire, players retiring, and the Big 3 can all sign new contracts if they opt out, giving Miami more money to spend.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Haven't you guys read the news? Wade just said the reason the big 3 signed contracts the same length was so they could sit down again and have a meeting about what they would do, just like the original collusion the year before they came to Miami. They are going to make a collective decision about where they stay or go.

Banned

i hope Gasol comes to Miami and Wade moves to sixth man playing the same minutes.
    the floor spacing would be INSANE and Pau is still a 15 PPG on high efficency, good rebounder and interior force Heat never had