Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Has anybody noticed OKC players grabbing the arms and holding opposing players?

I noticed it several times tonight during the OKC / Houston game. OKC players would grab and hold the arms of Houston players to delay the weakside helper getting to the ball to contest a shot and they would grab and hold their arms when going for a rebound to prevent them from grabbing the board.

It was only called once when Butler grabbed and held Asik near the end of the game.

This also reminded me of last year's playoffs when Perkins held Chandler Parson's arm to prevent him from closing out on the eventual game-winning 3-pointer:

It seems like this tactic is something that OKC players are told to do... either by coaches or by other players on the team.

It's dirty.

Has anybody else noticed this? If not, watch for it when your team plays OKC or the next time you watch them play.

I usually hit open layups GOATbrookisGAWD's Avatar

Default Re: Has anybody noticed OKC players grabbing the arms and holding opposing players?

Dat Perkins influence

Default Re: Has anybody noticed OKC players grabbing the arms and holding opposing players?

If perk wasn't holding Parsons we actually coulda won that game. Parsons could have defended that shot and it would've missed. Bummer

That Kendrick Perkins effect.

It runs in family.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    If perk wasn't holding Parsons we actually coulda won that game. Parsons could have defended that shot and it would've missed. Bummer

That Kendrick Perkins effect.
    It's possible. It's also possible he would have made the 3 anyway.

But if the foul was called, then the 3 would never have counted, and Houston would have won.

But anyway, that's in the past. I was just using that as an example.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

The karate chop never gets old.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Just adding to the pancake stacks

I usually hit open layups GOATbrookisGAWD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Just adding to the pancake stacks
    I like pancakes

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Okay so it's part of our strategy to grab and hold the opponents arms?

I'm pretty sure this goes on in every single NBA game. It's not just something OKC does.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfan86
    Okay so it's part of our strategy to grab and hold the opponents arms?

I'm pretty sure this goes on in every single NBA game. It's not just something OKC does.
    No, I've noticed it a lot more with OKC than any other team. And egregiously, too. Like literally grabbing their arms with two hands like Perkins.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    The karate chop never gets old.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Perkins did that to Duncan as well last game. Duncan had to push him off. Perkins was holding him even after the whistle lol

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmd
    No, I've noticed it a lot more with OKC than any other team. And egregiously, too. Like literally grabbing their arms with two hands like Perkins.
    You know what I've noticed? James Harden flops just about every time he touches the ball.

You know who else flops a lot? Chris Paul and his butt buddy Blake Griffin.

Oh, and Lebron James is one of the worst and he doesn't get nearly as many free throws as that flopping clown Durant. I can do this all day....just like I can point out players who do other things to get every advantage they can to win.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by apesta
    Perkins did that to Duncan as well last game. Duncan had to push him off. Perkins was holding him even after the whistle lol
    And they gave Duncan a technical for that too. Hilarious how much the refs let OKC get away with.

They're a small market, so it fits into the media narrative of "hardworking blue-collar effort" when it really just amounts to certain players like Perkins playing like dirty ******s. (to compensate for a decline in his game. or just a lack of skill)