Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Gerald Green off the backboard

savage.

There has never been anyone in the NBA with more bounce. It's ridiculous how high he gets.

If we make the playoffs, this dude right here wins us a game by himself at one point.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Nothing better then a guy making a name for himself, especially when he was close to being out the league.

NBA Superstar

I know it's been pondered before, but is this play legal in college and high school as well? If so, I think it's going to become increasingly common as years go by. In that particular situation (no dribble, weird in-between range from hoop) a little self lob off the board is the safest bet, even if a person just finishes with a layup.

Sick! Insane bounce

Banned

i dont know why there arent more players especially the likes of durant and lebron trying this more often.
    defenses never think a guy will do it and its mostly undefended. maybe because its hard when theres a center down there but this should be done more often.
    SICK dunk

Go to Phoenix to revitalize your career.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    i dont know why there arent more players especially the likes of durant and lebron trying this more often.
    defenses never think a guy will do it and its mostly undefended. maybe because its hard when theres a center down there but this should be done more often.
    SICK dunk
    Cuz it is ingrained in people that this play is/looks mad selfish. If you did this 10x and you messed up 1x people would harp all over that and call it hotdoggin etc. Seems selfish to use the backboard and pass to yourself when there are 4 other teammates.

Honestly though..it's a super effective play because it is hard to react to. No one truly expects it + you basically get to move closer to the hoop. It's a great useful play in my opinion.

Banned

Thank you PHX.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Cuz it is ingrained in people that this play is/looks mad selfish. If you did this 10x and you messed up 1x people would harp all over that and call it hotdoggin etc. Seems selfish to use the backboard and pass to yourself when there are 4 other teammates.

Honestly though..it's a super effective play because it is hard to react to. No one truly expects it + you basically get to move closer to the hoop. It's a great useful play in my opinion.
    I'm not sure I agree about the selfish connotation. However, I do agree about there being little room for error before criticism for "hotdogging". I think that's going to dwindle though, because it's going to become clear that, under the right circumstances (losing dribble, pump-faking, being overplayed and seemingly left only with a leaning, awkward 16 footer, defenders closing all passing lanes) the self pass in that situation is actually quite logical and leads to an easy layup.

Banned

Kobe's was better

Remember this one?
    Last edited by 20Four; 04-05-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    how can anyone forget? Its bought up in a million threads here to bash lebron for travelling lol.
    but lettuce be real, Green's>>>>>>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Nothing better then a guy making a name for himself, especially when he was close to being out the league.
    He was out of the league for a season or two. Had to play in China I believe