Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: LeBron and Bosh rip the Heat

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    It's just unrealistic to me. We're not talking about a single man event like a race where only he or she controls their fate. This is a 30 team league. There's so many factors in winning a title.
    Doesn't mean the main objective of the 30 teams is to win a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersFan626
    The Heat are not a bad team at all (the comparison to the 2011 Lakers makes a lot of sense, and I definitely saw the loss to the Mavs as a failure) and back to back championships qualify as a dynasty. Not winning a ring would be a failure for them. You can't judge the Heat (three championships in the last 10 years with future HOF players like LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, and SHAQ) like you can the Dolphins (haven't won a Super Bowl in ages and when they're good they're pretenders) or MARLINS (their two World Series years were the only two seasons they were good with only a few winning seasons afterwards).
    I never said they were a bad team. I'd be an idiot if I did. I agree with you that they are in a different league of judgment compared to the Fins and Fish, but that's just how I view things. Plus I also root for the Florida Panthers (one of the worst franchises in the NHL) and Miami Hurricanes (haven't been relevant since the early 2000s). I just have a different mindset compared to other people. It allows me to not overreact and put things in perspective if they fail to win a title. It's how I got through 2011 since that was the first time and only time my team lost in the championship in my life time. Losing in the ECF to the Pacers isn't as bad as getting swept in the first round. That's a failure. If the Heat lose to any team not named the Pacers in the East, I would agree.

They do suck bad right now.. Not having hca in last two rounds could cost them.

Tanking

sounds like the bulls in 97... turmoil in the ranks. i'm sure they'll get it together come playoffs.

Banned

I'm pretty sure Lebron is itchy to join Jabari or Wiggins next year.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    No, simply making the ECF is not an accomplishment for the Heat. For someone like the Raptors or Bobcats, sure. But anything short of a championship is a failure for the Heat.
    Not really. They've been to 3 Finals and won the last two. No team wins every year, that's impossible, That Heat will lose a series, that is inevitable. Stop acting like an entitled douche. They weren't ever going to win not 6 or 7 or 8...

If the Heat don't win this year, they'll need an overhaul and they'll still be contenders as long as LeBron is there.

College superstar

miami is not the "same", but that doesnt mean they strive for early playoff exits. they are playing for a title and anything less than a title for lebron is a HUGE disappointment. he said as much at the beginning of the season.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Not really. They've been to 3 Finals and won the last two. No team wins every year, that's impossible, That Heat will lose a series, that is inevitable. Stop acting like an entitled douche. They weren't ever going to win not 6 or 7 or 8...

If the Heat don't win this year, they'll need an overhaul and they'll still be contenders as long as LeBron is there.
    It wouldn't be as big of a deal to me if they won their first year, which they really should have. If they fail to win this year, that would be 2 titles out of 4 years. Lebron may not be there next season, so I'd like this group to end it on a positive note like I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Well, not until proven otherwise, that is, losing in ECF or earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    They look like LA did in 2011. Tired, old and unmotivated. Given what they've been through the last 4 seasons, it's not that surprising. Their biggest issue is LeBron though, who's pretty much playing the worst regular season ball of his career since completing his rookie year. LeBron masks a lot of their issues when he plays like a superstar, and he NEEDS to, because the other stuff won't change. The aging role players will continue to stink, rebounding will continue to be league-worst, the defensive scheme will continue to look outdated against well-coached teams and Bosh and Wade will continue to be super inconsistent. LeBron has always been their one lone constant. He looks exhausted and unmotivated since that 61 point game, and somehow, someway, that needs to change.
    But ISH told me that Lebron is playing on the most stacked team in NBA history. How can such a stacked team be so dependent on one player?