Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: The 12 ABSOLUTE WORST NBA players vs the Top college team...Who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    12 worst NBA players would be the last picked rookies who has no NBA experience.

This is a safe list:

Marko Todorovic
    Erick Green
    Raul Neto
    James Ennis
    Romero Osby
    Colton Iverson
    Arsalan Kazemi
    Joffrey Lauvergne
    Alex Oriakhi
    Deshaun Thomas
    Bojan Dubljevic
    Janis Timma

This is more along the lines of what I've been talking about. And it is even possible that these no names aren't even the absolute worst.

Default Re: The 12 ABSOLUTE WORST NBA players vs the Top college team...Who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    The 12 worst players in the NBA probably will never sniff 10 minutes of NBA action before being cut, and likely aren't any more experienced than the top college players. Meanwhile, the top college team has a couple true stars and guys that know how to fill their roles.

After thinking about it, the real mistake is assuming the worst NBA players are the washed up vets, when it is really the guys that made it to the NBA by mistake and we never really hear of them because they don't step on the floor. A bunch of "potential" draftees late in the 2nd round that don't pan out. Embiid and Wiggins would eat them for breakfast.
    Yeah, it should be the worst NBA players that actually plays....i think that was also what OP means................and then i see the college team getting crushed .

top dick and harry

College superstar

The worst NBA players would lose, for a couple of reasons...

The OP defined no positions, so we'd likely see a lot of the same positions... likely 3-7 Cs, 3-7 G, and a couple F... basically 12 players that don't fit together AT ALL. Even if their talent level was higher, they've also never played together, and the fit is likely terrible.

Secondly, not to generalize, but the worst NBA players are typically players coming from other "professional" leagues, or the rare US college player that gets drafted solely on his measureables. I don't remember the name, as I watch NBA only, but I remember a kid being picked that was not even a starter on his own college team, and he averaged something like 6/4. Even if he had a decent NBA career, the premise still stands; GMs take (often stupid) chances.

Now, as I think Myth said, if we're talking "the worst NBA players that people know about"... such as current Nash, SJax, etc... then NBA players win more than they lose, though they'd still face positional restrictions, as well as dealing with chemistry.

The worst nba team would murder a college team. Have we forgotten that these players are in the nba because they were the best in college? All college teams have perhaps one maybe two nba caliber players. And im not talkin about the stars, im referring to 12th men. Literally every college team, even the best ones have 10 to 11 guys that are nowhere close being good enough to make an nba roster.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Literally every college team, even the best ones have 10 to 11 guys that are nowhere close being good enough to make an nba roster.
    2012 Kentucky had like 6 players drafted (not sure if more of them were drafted in 2013), including the top 2 picks in the draft. We may see something similar from them this year.

And it isn't always the best players that get drafted. Plenty of players are drafted based on potential rather than actual production. Dion Waiters was drafted #4 even though he came off the bench, while starter Kris Joseph who put up similar stats went #51.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Kansas may win it all but they aren't the #1 college team by ranking or even a #1 seed in the tournament. The top-ranked team is Florida, and ironically enough many analysts have said they don't have any NBA pros. Wilbekin and Young may make it as roleplayers.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Keep in mind the 12 worst players in the nba can include scrub ROOKIES. Youre telling me anthony bennett is not an argguable top 12 worst player? He doesnt have enough nba experience to validate your claim of experience > talent . Plus this guy was the #1 draft pick. Think about players like austin rivers.....

GTFOH, the NBA scrubs would wipe the floor with those kids.

Learning to shoot layups justin12140's Avatar

theres a HUGE difference between nba players and college. I remember when people where wondering if that AD Kentucky squad could beat that years Bobcats (answer: hell no).

Even if they are future stars in the NBA there is such a big jump in skill. shit just look at the rookie-sophmore games when it was actually rookies vs sophmores. Pretty much every year the sophmores would blow out the rookies

Why is Kansas being mentioned? They have 10 losses on the season. Try the team a couple hours southwest. The team who has a chance to be the first forty win team in history. They don't have lottery NBA talent, but they have the better team (as in play better together, more experienced, more consistent).

Quote Originally Posted by justin12140
    theres a HUGE difference between nba players and college. I remember when people where wondering if that AD Kentucky squad could beat that years Bobcats (answer: hell no).

Even if they are future stars in the NBA there is such a big jump in skill. shit just look at the rookie-sophmore games when it was actually rookies vs sophmores. Pretty much every year the sophmores would blow out the rookies
    Yeah, but we're throwing 12 NBA guys together and having them play a team. So is that talent, age and experience differential enough to overcome not having played together?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Why is Kansas being mentioned? They have 10 losses on the season. Try the team a couple hours southwest. The team who has a chance to be the first forty win team in history. They don't have lottery NBA talent, but they have the better team (as in play better together, more experienced, more consistent).
    I agree with you that they have not shown themselves to be the best team in college but to answer your question people tend to give the edge to perceived talent in these kinds of discussions. Kansas is the only team that has two projected top 5 picks, we could even go as far as saying two of the projected top 3.