Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

Default Re: Russell Westbrook is harder to defend than pre-injury Derrick Rose

Don't care who it is. All he has to do is YouTube rose vs thunder and he'll see for himself

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

besides the injuries. you can argue that Derrick Rose wasn't even in his prime back then @ 23. yet we're comparing him to a current-prime Russel Westbrook. is that fair??

High School Starter

Dunno about that but its a known fact russ is a double agent and in some huge games no less, see last game of finals vs heat, game set match

I usually hit open layups

Lin isn't unathletic though, isn't he supposedly faster than John Wall? It also looks like he's a legit 6'3 barefoot. And he's a pretty good player and defender too.

Not really a good comparison to make Rose seem bad/unathletic.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by CHi1PriDe
    Don't care who it is. All he has to do is YouTube rose vs thunder and he'll see for himself
    Yeah all of those questions will be answered pretty quickly. Russell doesn't even guard Rose. And Thabolosha tried to use his weight on Rose and that didn't last. Even Wade who bullies SG's couldn't use his strength on Rose and abandons the idea. OP won't find one game where a healthy Rose has a problem with any PG due to strength in 2011. Obviously now its not close as Westbrook has lost weight and has Beverly issues.

In 2012 Rose had cut his dunks out by over 60%. He played the whole year tentatively and that's a big time indication. But he can handle Lin who is about 210, one of the biggest PGs.
    Last edited by Pointguard; 03-15-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

A healthy D-Rose >> Westbrook.

Westbrook is a beast and they were similar when healthy. Unfortunately Rose will never be there mentally due to this injury bug.

NBA rookie of the year

Theres too many examples of Russell Westbrook physically overwhelming entire teams and individual defenders where Derrick Rose fails to do the same thing

I remember 2012 season opener against the LA Lakers. I expected Rose to have a HUGE game against Derek Fisher who at the time had problems guarding speedy PGs.

But Rose struggled in that game despite hitting a game winner. It was because he could not blow by Fisher AND Gasol + Bynum.

Bulls vs. Lakers: Derrick Rose highlights - 22 points (12.25.11)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xktt2E5b054

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Westbrook is a beast and they were similar when healthy. Unfortunately Rose will never be there mentally due to this injury bug.
    It was two different injuries. Why do people say he won't be the same? It's not like he tore his ACL, came back this season and tore the same ACL again. He tore his meniscus this time and it was his other knee.

He was just as explosive as ever in pre-season and the few games he played this season so it's not like he lost a step athletically.

I think these were just two freak injuries and he'll bounce back better than ever.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    Theres too many examples of Russell Westbrook physically overwhelming entire teams and individual defenders where Derrick Rose fails to do the same thing

I remember 2012 season opener against the LA Lakers. I expected Rose to have a HUGE game against Derek Fisher who at the time had problems guarding speedy PGs.

But Rose struggled in that game despite hitting a game winner. It was because he could not blow by Fisher AND Gasol + Bynum.

Bulls vs. Lakers: Derrick Rose highlights - 22 points (12.25.11)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xktt2E5b054
    I didn't know you were trolling. You expect Rose to do it every game when there isn't a Center doing it every game. Westbrook is strong, but he is mostly explosive. And he's lost a lot of weight and guys like Beverely, Shumpert, Lin, Kyrie, Dwil, and next year Smart will all have about 15 pounds on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    It was two different injuries. Why do people say he won't be the same? It's not like he tore his ACL, came back this season and tore the same ACL again. He tore his meniscus this time and it was his other knee.

He was just as explosive as ever in pre-season and the few games he played this season so it's not like he lost a step athletically.

I think these were just two freak injuries and he'll bounce back better than ever.
    Guy you were responding to was trolling, too.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I think Rose is harder to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I didn't know you were trolling. You expect Rose to do it every game when there isn't a Center doing it every game. Westbrook is strong, but he is mostly explosive. And he's lost a lot of weight and guys like Beverely, Shumpert, Lin, Kyrie, Dwil, and next year Smart will all have about 15 pounds on him.

Guy you were responding to was trolling, too.
    A Rose stan posing as a Knicks fan

Let me guess, you loved Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller too? How about Tim Hardaway on the Heat? Sorry I can't take you seriously. Stan somewhere else, fckin phoney