Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: We're getting a good look at how Lebron will play in the future

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Then you're an idiot. LeBron didn't even know how to post up when he was in Cleveland or even in '11. He has a pretty decent post game now. Although this season his mid-range game has been shitty, last season he shot better than Kobe EVER did (from mid-range). He has developed that part of his game pretty well. Before Feb, IIRC, he was shooting near 42% from mid-range (Kobe did that 3 times in his career).

The guys has had 5 bad games. He was averaging 27.5/7/7 on 66% TS prior to that. Even now, he's at 27/7/7 on 65% TS.
    How do you figure that? Perhaps in a percentage vacuum, not factoring volume. Its even more absurd if you consider the spurs lebron stopping plan that very nearly paid off for Pop.

NBA Superstar

In the finals vs OKC LeBron shot 3/15 from 3pt land.

Scott Brooks is a jackass, that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    This guy is looking for help like his idol Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara
    How do you figure that? Perhaps in a percentage vacuum, not factoring volume. Its even more absurd if you consider the spurs lebron stopping plan that very nearly paid off for Pop.
    LeBron's jumper was absolutely broken in the PO's. He couldn't hit shots in the first 3 rounds as well. Most of the points he scored came in the post, from 3pt's, and at the rim. He couldn't hit the mid-range shots consistently. LeBron career best from mid-range is 44.4% on 350 shots and 17.8 total per game. Kobe is at 43.4% on 680 shots and 20.9 total per game.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

How come Kobe has been irrelevant since 10, if he hasn't dropped off hugely since his athleticism declined

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    LeBron career best from mid-range is 44.4% on 350 shots and 17.8 total per game. Kobe is at 43.4% on 680 shots and 20.9 total per game.
    That's nearly double the sample size
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    How come Kobe has been irrelevant since 10, if he hasn't dropped off hugely since his athleticism declined
    He was top 5 the two previous seasons

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

So basically, as players get older they play worse, thanks OP.

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    True. I've been saying this for a long time but people wouldn't listen.

Kobe, Jordan, they all had skills. They dont rely on their athleticism. Lebron? 90% of his game comes from his athleticism.

The way he overpowers people to the basket, and how he gets most of his points off fastbreak layups.

Take all that away, you have a guy with no footwork, no jumpshot. It'll look like shaq playing shoot guard.

My advise: lebron fans, jump ship as fast as you can. Now would be a good time.. or else it's gonna get ugly
    the way you jumped to Kevin Durant?? i bet Kobe must feel used

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by theoneneo
    *WARNING - THIS IS NOT A HATE THREAD*
    (juts had to say that before his insecure stans get mad)

This thread is more of a revelation. Lebron is getting older, and he's played so much basketball up to this point in his career(since 2007 he's made it to either the ECF or NBA finals every year, minus 2008) That's a lot of minutes racked up . And while some may think he's coasting, everyone without blind folders can see he's fuc*ing drained. No shame in that, it happened to Kobe, happen to MJ.

Now focusing on the future, it's getting hard to see him being dominant without that athleticism, least guys like Kobe and Jordan, and even Wade to some degree had a certain level of skill to trade off on, but Bran lacks that legendary superior skill.

I ain't saying the heat won't repeat this year, or Lebron won't go in to win more Rings, I just can't see him playing at a high level and extend his career like Mike or Bean. That is all.
    Really? What skill that translates well with age does Wade possess? He cannot shoot the basketball to save his life. The guy had more bailouts than the US financial system.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

he's unstoppable in the post, why he doesnt go to it is beyond me

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    That's nearly double the sample size

He was top 5 the two previous seasons
    Kobe was top 5, if you ignore efficiency, defence, improving team mates, results and actual impact on the court.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    Really? What skill that translates well with age does Wade possess? He cannot shoot the basketball to save his life. The guy had more bailouts than the US financial system.

The numbers say different, he's shooting 45% from 10-23f ft this year, with 6 of his 14 FGA coming from that distance.

He can be an erratic shooter for sure at times, but "cant shoot to save his life" is ridiculous hyperbole, in fact its downright stupid.

Also why is it 90% of you cretins equate skill with being a good/great shooter being a good/great jumpshooter is A skill.

Andre Miller couldn't hit 100 jumpshots if you locked him in a gym overnight and he is a tremendously skilled player.

and if you need someone to enumerate Wade's expansive skillset, then just don't know basketball

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Niqqa why you keep calling for the mods? Man the fvck up and fight your battles.
    I don't think I'ver seen you make a post other than some rolling smileys... seriously, you talk about how you "ether kobe/bron fans" on here, yet I've never seen you make an actual argument, or take part of ANY discussion EVER. Honestly, most WORTHLESS poster on here....

Your Posts are either this: " "

Or "ohh don't do em like dat rip/russwest/'fill in name'"

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    People dont listen because you predicted LeBron losing nearly every competitive series the past 3 years.

He has gone cold shooting the jumpshot and it has made him passive plus broken nose may be playing a role. Its looking like miami will three peat this year but longterm ray and battier are close to being done so they definitely need to upgrade that. Chalmers and cole have been terrible too