Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Phil Jackson to New York

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    Nothing to hate on. Knicks still irrelevant. What is Phil supposed to do?
    And yet they are still the most talked about team on here and in the media year after year, thanks for contributing to that

   

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    As a Laker fan I can honestly say I'm happy for Knicks fans and the Lakers, I really think it's the best for both teams

Finally the Lakers can make a move without half the idiot fanbase or Jeanie whining "it should have been Phil Jackson" Now he's out of the equation for good and this team can move on... I've been saying since his last retirement they need to cleanse themselves of Jackson and now it's happened for them

Let the healing begin!
    can't say i'm seeing your logic on this one, gts.

how could any lakers fan possibly think jim buss is a better asset than PJ? i mean, i've seen one guy take a bunch of underachievers (twice!) and win multiple championships, and the other guy develop in to james dolan west... bad move after bad move.

pls esplain?

Our future head coach:

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    And yet they are still the most talked about team on here and in the media year after year, thanks for contributing to that
    I meant their current success as a team and potential to improve in the near future. Nobody disputes they're a very popular franchise. Maybe "irrelevant" was the wrong word in this context; English isn't my first language. A borderline top 20 team in the league isn't relevant in terms of playoff success. That's what I meant.

Still...what is Phil supposed to do in order to improve the roster and turn the Knicks into a winning franchise? Just don't see it.
    Last edited by dr.hee; 03-14-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    As a Laker fan I can honestly say I'm happy for Knicks fans and the Lakers, I really think it's the best for both teams

Finally the Lakers can make a move without half the idiot fanbase or Jeanie whining "it should have been Phil Jackson" Now he's out of the equation for good and this team can move on... I've been saying since his last retirement they need to cleanse themselves of Jackson and now it's happened for them

Let the healing begin!
    i agree man. now all the lakers have to do is not draft a kwame brown. in the upcoming draft.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    can't say i'm seeing your logic on this one, gts.

how could any lakers fan possibly think jim buss is a better asset than PJ? i mean, i've seen one guy take a bunch of underachievers (twice!) and win multiple championships, and the other guy develop in to james dolan west... bad move after bad move.

pls esplain?
    Get past one thing here..Jim Buss isn't going anywhere, he's the owner so any Phil over Jim talk is a blind alley. In the end the only thing that is important to me is the team moving forward

Secondly, this isn't a coaching gig. so what Phi has done on the court has zero bearing on how he'll do in his next job... HA it may actually hinder it because he's insulted just about every team owner or fan base out there...lol JK but still

So why would anyone pick Phil over Mitch Kupchak? Phil wants ultimate control, (he's already turned down the Lakers offer as a consultant) so ask yourself why would you pay Phil 16 million a year, give him part ownership in your team when he has never had a front office job over a proven guy like Kupchak?

If Jerry Buss had wanted Phil in the front office he'd have been there long ago...
    Last edited by gts; 03-14-2014 at 07:52 PM.

   

@gts,
    well, last thing i read a few days ago is that phil was thinking about starting as HC, building the team culture he wanted, then moving on to the FO. maybe that's changed with the upcoming knicks gig, but that sounded like a pretty damn reasonable plan to me.

as far as getting past things, you're of course also asking people to get over the fact that buss was a stubborn mule about jackson on multiple occasions. so yea, maybe that's all in the 'past', but it also gives me very little confidence in him as an owner. so once again, that's sterling - dolan type of territory... not exactly something to get stoked for.

i guess if you're a diehard lakers fan then it's 'make lemonade and hope the ship doesn't go down.' well, hey... good luck with that.

as for any reluctance upon hiring PJ for a major role-- i'd very much like to see a better risk for a first-time exec. regardless, you can bet your sweet bippy that either way, he'll likely be better than the meddling owner type.

no, i think you guys are in for a long dry stretch, and i don't think the rest of the league or the NBA fanbase are going to be shedding any tears about it.

shhhhhhh

no, i think you guys are in for a long dry stretch, and i don't think the rest of the league or the NBA fanbase are going to be shedding any tears about it.
    Never expected anything less

   

:P

TBH, i don't think my team is in any better shape. we've mortgaged everything to make a big splash the next year or two, and it's probably going to get ugly before long. prokhy might even bail out, although in the long run, that might be for the best.

what shall we agree on, then? let's go with... beat the heat?

im calling it first, hes gonna drop 20 and 10

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Now I can watch basketball again. Lets go Knick!

Better bring some Lysol for these stank-ass haters.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Our future head coach:

Not this fool. .Try again.

shhhhhhh

:P

TBH, i don't think my team is in any better shape. we've mortgaged everything to make a big splash the next year or two, and it's probably going to get ugly before long. prokhy might even bail out, although in the long run, that might be for the best.

what shall we agree on, then? let's go with... beat the heat?