Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why is Kobe the only MVP with a signature shoe that was never popular?

huaraches are pretty popular among basketball players.

Default Re: Why is Kobe the only MVP with a signature shoe that was never popular?

Well his shoes struggled until 2008. They don't produce as many of them as they do for LeBrons. Kobe wasn't liked until the rape case stuff became a distant memory. From a design perspective his shoes are great for playing ball but not casually appealing.

Good High School Starter

Meh, the sneaker game is a giant scam anyway. 10 cent shoes and cr*p quality selling for $100+.

I am your soldier!

What are you talking about OP? EVERYBODY wanted to walk around with robot feet.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

i see kobe 8's EVERYWHERE. pretty much 50% of the people who ball at my gym or rec leagues where either the 6's, the less popular 7s, or 8s.

of course, this is california. but they are literally everywhere here.

College star

It's clear what posters stay locked in their basement on a desktop, and what posters are cognizant of the happenings in the social realm.

Love threads like these

Quote Originally Posted by dynasty1978
    Meh, the sneaker game is a giant scam anyway. 10 cent shoes and cr*p quality selling for $100+.
    all started with the Jordans. pretty much all jordans look bad compared to newer shoe lines by current players but they still sell the most.
    That tells a lot about people who buy these shoes. pretty much all the people who buy a lot of these shoes play ball about once a week or don't play ball at all.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Cant stand fake azz Hobe but them Huraches was the CHIT and were super popular.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Stan's acting like any self respecting grown ass black man would be caught dead wearing lebrons

Banned

IM all bout dem old skool penny's, Kobe can lick my taint, dat rapist

I have a pair of the Nike Kobe 1's that I still wear sometimes. One of my favorite bball shoes ever.

Quote Originally Posted by truhooper
    Mj, Barkley, Iverson, Lebron, Rose, KD (this year) all have shoes that you would see people nation and worldwide wearing.

I always thought it was strange people never wore Kobe's despite him being a basketball icon

Maybe because they're 225 bucks.

That's just ridiculous for a sneaker.

NBA rookie of the year

I have heard Kobe does not sell well because of his Suburban image

I have more Kobe's than any other shoe and I don't even like Kobe all that much.