Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: In the end nothing can come good out of facebook

Yeah, really ****ed up. Who the fuck checks up on their brother and nephew. I should stick to promoting my alt-rock band and creepin' on teenage girls.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Yeah, really ****ed up. Who the fuck checks up on their brother and nephew. I should stick to promoting my alt-rock band and creepin' on teenage girls.
    That's not what I'm saying. Just think about how it comes across that you stare at electronic pictures of your nephew while being drunk at night.
    In the same moment you talk about creeping high school girls. Pretty much the same procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    That's not what I'm saying. Just think about how it comes across that you stare at electronic pictures of your nephew while being drunk at night.
    In the same moment you talk about creeping high school girls. Pretty much the same procedure.
    Except for the part where I'm not trying to **** my brother and nephew.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    Its the best. how any other way I could create a group to play ball today? All this in 2 mins.
    That's actually true for me as well. At times it's removed the guessing game of, "Is there going to be anyone down at the courts today?"

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Facebook also makes me realize how backwards this world is. You can post that you flew to Ethiopia and fed starving children yet a picture of a girl eating a red velvet cheesecake can get 10 times the amount of likes
    I must say, I do not see that a ton on my feed. The big things tend to see ample responses, regardless of who it is pulling it off, in comparison to the food photos and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    I think FB died out as far as the younger generation is concerned, it was still fun to check up on friends & see what they're up to, but now it's like all your family members use it & post crap you don't care about, younger relatives always bugging you via PM & sending requests & shit, I guess I realized I don't need to be apart of a huge social network to get laid anymore & all the other shit wasn't worth it, stopped using it as frequently & then got rid of it eventually.
    I think there's some truth there, in terms of it dying off for the younger generation. I have two younger brothers in high school and it seems their social circle more frequently revolves around Twitter, SnapChat, and maybe Instagram. Actually, to be truthful, one of my brothers has absolutely zero social networking... and he never charges his phone... so he's tough to reach at times. I'm kind of proud of him for that though.

Anyhow, I think Facebook is my era (released while I was in college, and only for us college folk at the time) so I'm guessing I'm connected to it in that fashion. Perhaps I'll see a use for Twitter at some point but thus far I feel as though I've gotten along fine without it and wish to keep my social media connections limited. Facebook works for me. If I'm interested in interacting via social media, I can give the site a quick visit to message or read, then move onward. Also, I don't have a ton of things to hide, so I suppose I'm in a position where I do not mind if a prospective employer sees my page.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 03-14-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Facebook is awful. I can't believe so many people find entertainment and enjoyment in it. I made an account many years ago and check it maybe once a month... maybe. And, that's usually just when I need to track someone down whose contact information I don't have immediately handy.

Other than that, I've never found browsing that stupid site to be the least bit interesting. Seems to me to be mostly self-obsessed people thinking their every move is important enough that it needs to be cataloged and discussed ad nauseum.

It makes me kind of sick when I think about Facebook and the mentality of it all.
    yea it's funny that dudes will be like man we'd be in touch if you had facebook. It's like wat. It's a great idea, social networking, because it took advantage of the fact that people don't really want to talk to each other. They are selfish and they want to post pictures of their shit and talk about their life. It's good enough if people come along and like it.

-Smak

Yeah man, I hear you.

The people that are really obsessed with Facebook feel like they need to broadcast even the most intensely personal sh!t to the world.

For instance, the wife of someone very close to me -- without getting too specific -- is obsessed with it. She posts on it nonstop, every day, at all hours.

Anyway, our family dog died over the summer and it is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. But, I did so... quietly. That's the way I choose to mourn when something devastating happens. I don't want it broadcast for the world. It was for me and the people closest to me.

Of course, what happens? I look on Facebook and, literally within minutes of him dying, she has this whole memorial, attention grabbing thing up with his picture plastered all over the site and people who didn't even know him chiming in with hollow bullsh!t condolences.

I was so p!ssed I didn't speak to her for several months. That's what Facebook does... Broadcasts your private sh!t to people you don't even know.

Now I'm pissed again. Thanks Hateraid.
    That's just downright sinful and quintessential of everything I hate about FB/Insta. Like, who are you to air out such news on a public forum. She may have been well-intended in her efforts but people usually do things like that to garner attention.

I don't wanna come off as hypocritical because I do operate both sets of accounts but some of the self consumed visual drivel I see people post just angers me all kinds.

There's actual proven scientific testimony which indicates the harmful mental effects that can be the result for some people, mainly depression. Reason being, I feel like some folk treat it like a fricken competition. Let me paint this utopian timeline of this perfected existence I'm living out.

A couple things that are starting to grate my nerves:

1. People who post every waking moment involving their annoying ****ing fugly children. Okay, we get it, you're a proud parent. You're child is adorable. Get over it...

2. People who repitiously post gym/yoga related content. I myself, have a relatively regimented fitness schedule and am supportive of anyone who takes the initiative to do so, but stfu up about it already.

I have this friend who has been posting daily's of her and her husband, executing this exact same dick thrusting yoga pose, for some monthly challenge.

Everyday.... Day 12 progress shot... Replica of yesterday

Like anyone can identify the minute millimetrical detailed difference in your filthy yoga dick thrust.

I will Randy Savage elbow drop you through your ****ing fluorescent floor mat

Makes me so mad.
    Last edited by Done_And_Done; 03-14-2014 at 09:37 AM.

Funny this thread should pop up.

I was just tellin someone that I'm gunna delete my FB in like a month or so soon before my birthday hits.

It has become irksome with all the family meddling an whatnot so I don't really use it much at all, then I get tired of gettin e mails o notifications and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Have you guys considered that maybe you are just friends with awful fvking people who post awful fvking things?
    I guess in life you are bound to come across those types whom you may insult if you didn't ad them as a friend. You're bound to get a couple of dozen

If you are friends with good people you get to see funny things and interesting things.
    The only pleasurable experience. But I find the negative outweighs those positives

I have a few awful people on mine but just because I want my dick in them
    Does he know?

I keed I keed

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Except for the part where I'm not trying to **** my brother and nephew.

Banned

OP prob works with amway, a pyramid scheme

NBA Legend

Yeah man, I hear you.

The people that are really obsessed with Facebook feel like they need to broadcast even the most intensely personal sh!t to the world.

For instance, the wife of someone very close to me -- without getting too specific -- is obsessed with it. She posts on it nonstop, every day, at all hours.

Anyway, our family dog died over the summer and it is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. But, I did so... quietly. That's the way I choose to mourn when something devastating happens. I don't want it broadcast for the world. It was for me and the people closest to me.

Of course, what happens? I look on Facebook and, literally within minutes of him dying, she has this whole memorial, attention grabbing thing up with his picture plastered all over the site and people who didn't even know him chiming in with hollow bullsh!t condolences.

I was so p!ssed I didn't speak to her for several months. That's what Facebook does... Broadcasts your private sh!t to people you don't even know.

Now I'm pissed again. Thanks Hateraid.

This has to be the most cringe-worthy, lugubrious bit of melodrama I've ever heard.

You either possess a degree of sensitivity that even a drunk, bipolar female would think is embarrassing, or you just like being seen as an emotional man-pansy for some ulterior purpose. That was honestly one of the corniest things I've ever read.

BOTH the fact that she made a memorial with pictures for a dog on Facebook, and the fact that it actually upset you that she posted a picture of a dog on the internet because you were trying to 'grieve in private'. The amount of fail throughout the whole affair just literally boggles the mind.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 03-14-2014 at 04:12 PM.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

like most things in like, FB is what you make of it. If your friends are lame idiots, your FB feed will be lame and idiotic. Personally, I enjoy checking my FB feed and if I have to trim the fat to keep it interesting (cut the annoying people who post dumb shit about their kids, politics, etc) I do. Having lived all over the place, its a great way to keep in touch with old friends and see how their lives have developed. Plus, most of my friends post interesting content and links.

I don't usually post on FB, but I've been going on a bit more for last few months. Sometimes if I'm on there and I think of something interesting, cool or wise, I post it on there. Usually, it's something philosophy or science or sports related - sometimes I might post link to article on things like how to be professional, importance of respect, quotes from people like Gandhi/Einstein/Aristotle/etc etc. I don't get many responses or "likes", but I don't post for likes.

One of the very few things that genuinely annoys me is when somebody posts something stupid or ignorant, and then I see bunch of people "liking" it or posting how they agree. Usually, it's one of the popular kids from my HS days that throw something like that.
    I.E. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=325078

I guess it all depends on who you have on your FB and how popular you are. I was never popular in HS - people knew who I was but very few people knew me well. I only talked when I had something to say (I did not gossip or bull$hit around) so I was pretty socially-awkward.

When those people see me post something philosophical, they probably don't even read it past the first couple words. I guess since that is not entertainment, they simply skip it. Most people today prefer to be entertained than read something that may look at life from a little different perspective. If you ask me, there is more to gain from quotes from philosophers and scientists than there is to gain from images of people making weird faces and jaws. But that is just me.

I won't disable my account because I feel like there is something to gain from facebook - the ability to connect with old class-mates and to see what some of them are up to. For somebody that is socially-awkward like me, I feel like I have to sometimes push myself just to connect with people. I don't talk much so FB is one way to push myself out there a bit. Things begin to get a bit stagnant if you're lost in your own world for too long or if you roll solo for too long - social connections are one of the essence of being & staying human. Don't cut ties simply because of some bad apples out there.
    Last edited by bladefd; 03-14-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I don't usually post on FB, but I've been going on a bit more for last few months. Sometimes if I'm on there and I think of something interesting, cool or wise, I post it on there. Usually, it's something philosophy or science or sports related - sometimes I might post link to article on things like how to be professional, importance of respect, quotes from people like Gandhi/Einstein/Aristotle/etc etc. I don't get many responses or "likes", but I don't post for likes.

One of the very few things that genuinely annoys me is when somebody posts something stupid or ignorant, and then I see bunch of people "liking" it or posting how they agree. Usually, it's one of the popular kids from my HS days that throw something like that.
    I.E. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=325078

I guess it all depends on who you have on your FB and how popular you are. I was never popular in HS - people knew who I was but very few people knew me well. I only talked when I had something to say (I did not gossip or bull$hit around) so I was pretty socially-awkward.

When those people see me post something philosophical, they probably don't even read it past the first couple words. I guess since that is not entertainment, they simply skip it. Most people today prefer to be entertained than read something that may look at life from a little different perspective. If you ask me, there is more to gain from quotes from philosophers and scientists than there is to gain from images of people making weird faces and jaws. But that is just me.

confirmed 21 year old virgin

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    It's aite. Get to keep in touch with homies from back in high school that are all over the place now
    this

its totally worth the hassle