Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: In the end nothing can come good out of facebook

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I'm not even interested in that. Just for people tagging you in embarrassing moments is enough for me. I was once at a party and while I was playing poker I stood up in an all in moment. I was wearing a tank top and right when someone snapped a picture of me my cousin ripped my tank top off. He then tagged me and titled it strip show. I didn't find out until my mom told me and asked why I was stripping at a party.
    I at least had a whole bunch of likes
    Yeah man, I hear you.

The people that are really obsessed with Facebook feel like they need to broadcast even the most intensely personal sh!t to the world.

For instance, the wife of someone very close to me -- without getting too specific -- is obsessed with it. She posts on it nonstop, every day, at all hours.

Anyway, our family dog died over the summer and it is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. But, I did so... quietly. That's the way I choose to mourn when something devastating happens. I don't want it broadcast for the world. It was for me and the people closest to me.

Of course, what happens? I look on Facebook and, literally within minutes of him dying, she has this whole memorial, attention grabbing thing up with his picture plastered all over the site and people who didn't even know him chiming in with hollow bullsh!t condolences.

I was so p!ssed I didn't speak to her for several months. That's what Facebook does... Broadcasts your private sh!t to people you don't even know.

Now I'm pissed again. Thanks Hateraid.

College star

It's a breeding ground for bitching and complaining. One girl that's on my friendlist was upset that I unfriended her becuase I was sick of the hour updates of "omg its 9am, work till 3", "cant live without starbucks!", "selfie time!"

quite simply, no one cares about everyones pitiful lives on there

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

all i see on facebook these days are peoples results from taking stupid tests about what tv character would be their boyfriend or girlfriend, and links to goofy articles filled with hundreds of flame war comments, which has really showed me how fcking stupid america is becoming. good god at some of the comments you read on those.

also, facebook killed the point of having a 10 year high school reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Yeah man, I hear you.

The people that are really obsessed with Facebook feel like they need to broadcast even the most intensely personal sh!t to the world.

For instance, the wife of someone very close to me -- without getting too specific -- is obsessed with it. She posts on it nonstop, every day, at all hours.

Anyway, our family dog died over the summer and it is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. But, I did so... quietly. That's the way I choose to mourn when something devastating happens. I don't want it broadcast for the world. It was for me and the people closest to me.

Of course, what happens? I look on Facebook and, literally within minutes of him dying, she has this whole memorial, attention grabbing thing up with his picture plastered all over the site and people who didn't even know him chiming in with hollow bullsh!t condolences.

I was so p!ssed I didn't speak to her for several months. That's what Facebook does... Broadcasts your private sh!t to people you don't even know.

my deepest condolences.....

Sorry, had to try and make up for getting you worked up!

Very good NBA starter

facebook is a great place for passive revenge and to get back at your haters. when you post shit, you know the haters read it. but good thing there are privacy settings so you can choose who gets to see or read your stuff. but yeah, sometimes i'll post the most obnoxious updates about my life on purpose. it's all intentional, and only the haters get to see it. if they get mad from reading or seeing it, good.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    facebook is a great place for passive revenge and to get back at your haters. when you post shit, you know the haters read it. but good thing there are privacy settings so you can choose who gets to see or read your stuff. but yeah, sometimes i'll post the most obnoxious updates about my life on purpose. it's all intentional, and only the haters get to see it. if they get mad from reading or seeing it, good.

NBA Superstar

I do not have much of an issue with The Facebook. It's kind of my only form of social media - I do not have a Twitter, nor an Instagram. I am not sure I've experienced any drama on the site in question.

I'm usually pretty loose when it comes to friends - if I've heard of them, I'll accept their requests - but if their updates become cumbersome, I hide them from my feed. That has allowed for a customized experience where I can interact only with those of whom I wish to interact, and that's nice, considering how spread about many of my friends and acquaintances have become over the years.

Form a ****ing wall DetroitPiston's Avatar

I never wanted a Facebook until a friend of mine forced me to start one. Had it for a few months, deactivated it, then met a girl who lived on the other side of the state.

That said, it's either: Which waste of organs are you, share if you want to prove to everyone how much of a prick you are, or a picture of a donkey.

Now Twitter on the other hand, has a lot of uses. I've used mine as a newshub and it's great.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPiston
    I never wanted a Facebook until a friend of mine forced me to start one. Had it for a few months, deactivated it, then met a girl who lived on the other side of the state.

That said, it's either: Which waste of organs are you, share if you want to prove to everyone how much of a prick you are, or a picture of a donkey.

Now Twitter on the other hand, has a lot of uses. I've used mine as a newshub and it's great.
    Twitter is awesome. No complaints there.

I never got on facebook. I made one to search for someone but then deleted it. I use Twitter and it's just so much better. It is a newswire that you customize.

The only time I've used facebook in the past year is to message some dude who's girl I got with. Made up some fake name and told him, they broke up.

Don't judge me. I'm evil, I know.

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

you're using it wrong. social media is meant for stalking girls.

Banned

It is not good for many reasons but the OP basically covered it. It is not good when bosses and employers can google your name and your FB page pops up on search engines. Granted, that they have to be able to find you but with a little research and persistence, you will eventually be found.

It is for self-obsessed people out there. We don't really want to know everything you do. It actually makes you hate a person or friend more. I have a good friend that moved and he posts nothing but garbage and he didn't get enough attention in life, so it is no surprise that he is posting stuff that he thinks we care about. It can really give you a bad reputation.

Others may disagree, but they are already the product of FB. They are already in.

It also had a bunch of perverts and women that need attention. A woman post a picture of herself and then a bunch of people would say she is beautiful or hot and all that hot garbage.

you only need to use your facebook at home, or inside your car. I met some girls on facebook. And sometimes I chat with some of my hs and college classmates.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Yeah man, I hear you.

I HATE when attention whores do that on facebook.

I have a family member who is obsessed with that shit. Every little thing- gotta post it on fb and tell everybody private shit. Bad enough when it's about them, but when they post stuff about you w/o permission, it's the worst.