Default Spurs big 3 has the exact same record (490-173) as Magic, Kareem and Michael Cooper

[QUOTE]Even though he was only six when they won their last championship, Tony Parker says he remembers the fabled Showtime Lakers. For Manu Ginobili, growing up in Argentina with no easy access to the NBA, his introduction would not come until their run

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Spurs big 3 has the exact same record (490-173) as Magic, Kareem and Michael Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Will they go for the record? What say you ISH.
    They probably would have had the record already if Ginobili wasn't so injury prone. Dude misses like 30 games every year.

Default Re: Spurs big 3 has the exact same record (490-173) as Magic, Kareem and Michael Cooper

san antonio spurms

5 > 4 doe

Wait, how many rings Tim got with Manu and Parker, 3?

Either way, 5 > 3 too, doe.

Respect

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

This is the main reason I want Duncan to play out his contract through next season. This could very likely be a record that never gets broken with modern-day free agency.

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

Insane longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    This is the main reason I want Duncan to play out his contract through next season. This could very likely be a record that never gets broken with modern-day free agency.
    I honestly don't see him leaving after this year...unless we win the 'ship, in which case who knows.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    I honestly don't see him leaving after this year...unless we win the 'ship, in which case who knows.
    Yah, I would love to think that if we could win it this year he would stick around and try and get his back-to-back.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Will they go for the record? What say you ISH.
    They should make the record. 18 more games this season + 82 next season = 100 possible regular season games. Only have to win 51 of 100 to break the record. Very doable even if Manu has his usual injuries and Pop rests them.

I disagree that it'd be a record that'd never be broken. KD, Westbrooke and Ibaka are much closer in age than TD, TP and Manu. Remember Duncan had a good chunk of his career before Parker and Manu came to SA. Now whether KD, RW and SI will win 3 championships together. That's a whole 'nother story.

Just 49 to go.