Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Kevin Durant of Oklahoma City Thunder launches 'Strong and Kind' movement

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...-kind-movement

Everyone knows Durant wants to lead Oklahoma City to the NBA title. Everyone knows he wants to win his first MVP award. But the league's top scorer says his third goal is just as important: spreading the message that being kind to others is the ultimate sign of strength.

"I just want to let people know that being kind is not a sign of weakness," Durant said Wednesday in launching his "Strong and Kind" movement.

"That's how I approach the game. If you see me play, I'm barking at guys, I'm talking trash, I'm being physical. But at the same time, if you fall on the ground, I'll help you up, and after the game we'll talk as friends. So it's not a weakness to be a kind person. Everybody always says nice guys finish last, but I'm trying to change that."

Durant has partnered with KIND, a healthy snack food company, to promote this initiative, which aims to challenge deep-rooted stereotypes and redefine cultural perceptions of strength and kindness.

In doing so, Durant and KIND have set up a website -- www.strongandkind.com -- that asks people to commit to these five principles:

• Having the courage to be kind when others may not
    • Looking out for those who can't look out for themselves
    • Standing up when others would rather stand out
    • Leaving their world a kinder place than they found it
    • Being Strong and Kind
    Last edited by JohnMax; 03-13-2014 at 08:39 PM.

I rule the local playground Rondo's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Durant of Oklahoma City Thunder launches 'Strong and Kind' movement

So this is why he's always second to LeBron? He was just being kind?

Default Re: Kevin Durant of Oklahoma City Thunder launches 'Strong and Kind' movement

what a closet scumbag pos

Good college starter

His fake humble persona is sickening.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

beta

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    His fake humble persona is sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...-kind-movement

Everyone knows Durant wants to lead Oklahoma City to the NBA title.

Everyone knows he wants to win his first MVP award. But the league's top scorer says his third goal is just as important: spreading the message that being kind to others is the ultimate sign of strength.

"I just want to let people know that being kind is not a sign of weakness," Durant said Wednesday in launching his "Strong and Kind" movement.

"That's how I approach the game. If you see me play, I'm barking at guys, I'm talking trash, I'm being physical. But at the same time, if you fall on the ground, I'll help you up, and after the game we'll talk as friends. So it's not a weakness to be a kind person. Everybody always says nice guys finish last, but I'm trying to change that."
    sure Kev

Kevin urant is fake as f.uck.

Banned

Religion

Either turns you into a suicide bomber, or in Durant's case, a huge beta p*ssy.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    what a closet scumbag pos
    This is almost as bad as the time he donated $1M.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    these antics are the reason why he will NEVER win a ring

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

such a douche

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    what kind of scumbag does that? fkn beta toughen up

Children are obviously rampant in this thread.

Know how I know? Kids struggle with their manhood and have to prove their "toughness" and "alpha" status.

Kindness isn't a weakness. It's a shame that you dudes feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Children are obviously rampant in this thread.

Know how I know? Kids struggle with their manhood and have to prove their "toughness" and "alpha" status.

Kindness isn't a weakness. It's a shame that you dudes feel that way.
    You're not getting it. With durant there is always an ulterior motive. If he does something positive then he is doing it to deflect suspicion from his true self. It is safe to assume that this is a cover-up for a baby-punching spree