Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Miami's lack of 3 point shooting

Mike Miller: From Near Retirement After '12 Finals to Not Missing a Game in '14
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...g-a-game-in-14
    Now two years later, at 34 years old, not only has Miller not missed a single game for the Memphis Grizzlies, but he's also averaging the most minutes (20.8) and points (7.0) since the 2009-10 season.
    Last edited by JohnMax; 03-13-2014 at 07:33 PM.

This team needs a massive infusion of young blood after this season, regardless of what happens in the PO.

Ray will make the big shots when they matter.

Let's not have selective memories, he has a career highlights , of making big shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    This team needs a massive infusion of young blood after this season, regardless of what happens in the PO.
    True. Miami is the oldest team in the league. Keep Wade, James, Bosh, Oden, Beasley, Chalmers and scrap the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    Ray will make the big shots when they matter.

Let's not have selective memories, he has a career highlights , of making big shots.
    If he could actually play on the defensive end and be consistent on the offensive end, he might actually be effective. Dude is 38 years old. He's pretty much done.

I rule the local playground Rondo's Avatar

Don't worry, I'm sure some scrub like Birdman will start nailing 3 after 3 in the playoffs, such is Miami's luck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    True. Miami is the oldest team in the league. Keep Wade, James, Bosh, Oden, Beasley, Chalmers and scrap the rest.

If he could actually play on the defensive end and be consistent on the offensive end, he might actually be effective. Dude is 38 years old. He's pretty much done.
    see you got blinded by his only good game in 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    see you got blinded by his only good game in 2 months
    No, you stupid little shit. I called him out numerous times in the GT. Chalmers is the only PG that Miami can sign for cheap. The rest of the PG's at ~3-4 mil are worse than Rio. I don't want the Heat to spend 5-8 mil on a PG, when be need good big men and 3pt shooters.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

What do you think Miami will do in this off season? Do they have enough cap to sign Chalmers (who will be looking for a raise)? Which free agents are on top of the Heat's wish list?

I think the Big 3 are gonna stay together. But who's going to replace Battier/Ray/Birdman/etc?

Miami needs D+3 guys, and guys who can protect the paint. Do they have enough cap space to sign Thabo + Okafor/Kaman + the rest?

How can Miami get young?

Banned

Battier was shitting bricks through the 2011-12 season, then all the sudden he started hitting everything against the Thunder in the Finals. Miller was shooting alright then in the Finals, he just couldn't miss. Same thing happened in the first 5 games of the Spurs series.

Miller isn;t there anymore but it seems like their shooters always step up in the playoffs, mainly in the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    1. What do you think Miami will do in this off season? Do they have enough cap to sign Chalmers (who will be looking for a raise)? Which free agents are on top of the Heat's wish list?

2. I think the Big 3 are gonna stay together. But who's going to replace Battier/Ray/Birdman/etc?

3. Miami needs D+3 guys, and guys who can protect the paint. Do they have enough cap space to sign Thabo + Okafor/Kaman + the rest?

4. How can Miami get young?
    1. Hell No. Chalmers is NOT getting a raise. The only reason he's as good as he is right now, is because LeBron and Wade. He wouldn't start on any other team in the league. The guy is a decent defender with a good outside shot, but his BB IQ is in the red. Dude would get exposed on any other team.

2. The big 3 will definitely stay together. I can't see Bosh or LeBron leaving. Shane, Allen, and Birdman have a combined salary of ~$9M. Miami needs to get solid defenders, who are above average 3pt shooters. Not sure who's available though. Haven't really checked it out.

3. D+3 guys to replace Allen and Battier. As I said, I have to check to see who the Heat might actually be able to sign. I don't know about Okafor and Kaman though. Both will be 32 next season. We need guys who are young and can really move. If Arison is willing to go over the cap, Asik would be an excellent pickup. Dude can rebound and is a solid defender.

4. Replace Allen/Battier/Birdman/Rashard/Haslem. Getting rid of Haslem would give us $4.5M. We're basically paying him that much to warm the bench. Get him a FO/Coaching job and clear up some cap space.

Looking way too much into it imo. They're still top10 in 3p% (16th in attempts) and while that's important for a team like MIA, there are more important things, like picking up their defense, and of course Lebron has to be great with help from Bosh and Wade, they'll probably shoot better from 3 in the post-season, as usual. Anyways, that's just my analysis and opinions.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

1. Hell No. Chalmers is NOT getting a raise. The only reason he's as good as he is right now, is because LeBron and Wade. He wouldn't start on any other team in the league. The guy is a decent defender with a good outside shot, but his BB IQ is in the red. Dude would get exposed on any other team.

2. The big 3 will definitely stay together. I can't see Bosh or LeBron leaving. Shane, Allen, and Birdman have a combined salary of ~$9M. Miami needs to get solid defenders, who are above average 3pt shooters. Not sure who's available though. Haven't really checked it out.

3. D+3 guys to replace Allen and Battier. As I said, I have to check to see who the Heat might actually be able to sign. I don't know about Okafor and Kaman though. Both will be 32 next season. We need guys who are young and can really move. If Arison is willing to go over the cap, Asik would be an excellent pickup. Dude can rebound and is a solid defender.

4. Replace Allen/Battier/Birdman/Rashard/Haslem. Getting rid of Haslem would give us $4.5M. We're basically paying him that much to warm the bench. Get him a FO/Coaching job and clear up some cap space.
    1. That may be true, but if Rio have a few good games in the playoffs he might get an offer from a dumb team like JJ Barea did.

2. I agree, I don't see them leaving either. I wonder what kind of contracts Riley will give them.

3. I feel Battier/Allen will be hard to replace. They were like the perfect championship team role players, especially Battier IMO. As long as the Big 3 are making most of the money, the Heat are basically gonna be stacking veterans because they can't afford younger guys. The only way is to get them through the draft.

4. Haslem has a 4.5 mil player option I believe, I don't think he's gonna opt out. Again, I think it's gonna be hard for the Heat to get young, the only way would be to draft smartly. Hope they're investing in them scouts.

1. That may be true, but if Rio have a few good games in the playoffs he might get an offer from a dumb team like JJ Barea did.

2. I agree, I don't see them leaving either. I wonder what kind of contracts Riley will give them.

3. I feel Battier/Allen will be hard to replace. They were like the perfect championship team role players, especially Battier IMO. As long as the Big 3 are making most of the money, the Heat are basically gonna be stacking veterans because they can't afford younger guys. The only way is to get them through the draft.

4. Haslem has a 4.5 mil player option I believe, I don't think he's gonna opt out. Again, I think it's gonna be hard for the Heat to get young, the only way would be to draft smartly. Hope they're investing in them scouts.
    1. True. He might take a pay cut to stay with the Heat if they 3peat though. Though, I've seen him "stat pad" (I hate using that term) by stealing rebounds from teammates and trying to do too much on the offensive end. He's definitely trying to get a contract. Even if he leaves, Cole is still here. Dude's a very good defender and has vastly improved his shot. His BB IQ is kinda iffy though.

2. LeBron and Bosh will get the max. Wade will likely opt out and sign for something like 4 years and $50M-$60M. That would greatly help us in signing a few other quality players. Wade makes a ton of money in endorsements. Only 4 others make more than him in endorsements (LeBron, Kobe, Durant, and Rose). Bosh will not take a pay cut again, as he doesn't make much off of endorsements. LeBron might.

3. Batteir and Allen are extremely hard to replace. Not sure how Riley will do it. Battier is an elite defender and a good 3pt shooter. Not many players like that out there, who'll sign for under $5M.

4. Yep. The only way to get rid of his contract is by getting him to retire. Promise him a FO/Coaching position. Don't know if it's possible though. As much as I like UD, he's eating up $4.5M this season and another $4.5 next season.

Something tells me all the scrubs (Battier, Allen, chalmers) are gonna start shooting like 60% in the playoffs to bail out lebron
    My goodness I would die of laughter if that happened

u mad? buttfrustrated? hahaitme's Avatar

4. Yep. The only way to get rid of his contract is by getting him to retire. Promise him a FO/Coaching position. Don't know if it's possible though. As much as I like UD, he's eating up $4.5M this season and another $4.5 next season.
    If they gave Juwan Howard assistant coach, they better give UD something.

The Heat aren't exactly short on money, could be a good idea to still keep UD paid while giving them more cap to work with