Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Default Re: Miami's lack of 3 point shooting

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    This is a serious thread. Take your stupid troll comments elsewhere.
    Game 6, Lebron missed a 3, bosh got the rebound passed to Allen who bailed him out by making a 3 to send the game to overtime.

How many times have we seen Lebron and Wade with no where to go due to the lack of a reliable mid range jumper, and passes out to battier/Allen/chalmers for a semi contested 3 pointer?

Don't bring up Wade's midrange stats, he gets left open by the defense a lot of times and he's making it 40-50% of the time. Great.

How is getting bailed out a bad thing, it means the role players are actually doing their jobs. I know you lebron stans get all emotional and shit but everyone gets bailed out it's not a big deal. Kobe got bailed out by Artest, MJ got bailed out by Kerr etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Game 6, Lebron missed a 3, bosh got the rebound passed to Allen who bailed him out by making a 3 to send the game to overtime.

How many times have we seen Lebron and Wade with no where to go due to the lack of a reliable mid range jumper, and passes out to battier/Allen/chalmers for a semi contested 3 pointer?

Don't bring up Wade's midrange stats, he gets left open by the defense a lot of times and he's making it 40-50% of the time. Great.

How is getting bailed out a bad thing, it means the role players are actually doing their jobs. I know you lebron stans get all emotional and shit but everyone gets bailed out it's not a big deal. Kobe got bailed out by Artest, MJ got bailed out by Kerr etc.
    That's not getting bailed out. That's, as you said, the role-players doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Beasley and Jones are shooting over 40% from 3

Otherwise agreed.
    True, but Spo doesn't like to give players who can shoot minutes. He would rather play Battier because he takes a charge once every 3 games.
    I can't wait for Battier to retire so the Heat can bring in someone who can actually make wide open shots.

Banned

Something tells me all the scrubs (Battier, Allen, chalmers) are gonna start shooting like 60% in the playoffs to bail out lebron
    Yeah in the finals alone last year, Ray shot 55% from 3 (including arguably the biggest shot in Heat history), Chalmers 41%, Battier 44%, and Miller 61%. The Heat as a team shot 43%.

The year before they shot the same percentage as a team (64% from Miller, 58% from Battier, 43% from Cole, 40% from Wade, Bosh, and Jones). They seem to have a knack for knocking down 3s when it matters most. They might miss Miller who seemed to be allergic to missing 3s during the playoffs/finals though.

Local High School Star

Lack of Mike Miller is hurting a bit. He was a good rebounder too.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    That's not getting bailed out. That's, as you said, the role-players doing their job.
    Super stars are supposed to take the last shot the win the game. But they can't make every shot. Lol I didn't mean it in a bad way. It is what it is, bailing someone out is saving them from total collapse. Allen saved Lebron's chance at a title, Artest saved Kobe's.

K forget bailing out. Let me rephrase that lol, heat role players will find their shot eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    True, but Spo doesn't like to give players who can shoot minutes. He would rather play Battier because he takes a charge once every 3 games.
    I can't wait for Battier to retire so the Heat can bring in someone who can actually make wide open shots.
    This Battier is horrid this Year... why he doesn't play Beasley more is a miracle to me... also, that stupid waiting for the 6th minute mark for Bron to get back in... ugh.

Serious playground baller

Don't worry, they will start raining during the playoffs.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Wade gets left open by the defense? LOL
    I don't know what games you are watching.

He's knocking down fade aways, step backs, curls, pull ups, and everything else. He RARELY takes a spot up which is what should be considered "open".

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    This Battier is horrid this Year... why he doesn't play Beasley more is a miracle to me... also, that stupid waiting for the 6th minute mark for Bron to get back in... ugh.
    Battier is a proven defensive vet, Beasley is a proven idiot. Beasley has been great in the minute he's gotten, but that's how many minute he's going to get. I wouldn't trust him as a coach either given his history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    Wade gets left open by the defense? LOL
    I don't know what games you are watching.

He's knocking down fade aways, step backs, curls, pull ups, and everything else. He RARELY takes a spot up which is what should be considered "open".
    I admit I've watched maybe only 20ish less than 30 heat games this year.
    He does get left open at times, and hes not what I'd call a threat from mid, neither is Lebron.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I think that Spo is gonna employ Birdman and Oden as stretch-centers in the playoffs to spread the floor even more.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    has nothing to do with bailing someone out if they do the only thing they are good for and which earns them millions of dollars every year
    Explain the fiscal bailout for the banks then.

Shouldve signed andrew bynum