Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Miami's lack of 3 point shooting

May cost them this year. Last season James, Chalmers, Allen, and Battier were all shooting over 40 percent from 3. This year no one on the roster is shooting 40 percent from distance. Chris Bosh has actually become the team's best option in terms of spot up 3's, which is honestly just sad. Arison really should have kept Mike Miller and amnestied Joel instead. The Heat aren't good enough defensively anymore to compensate for horrible shooting nights from 3.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Default Re: Miami's lack of 3 point shooting

Totally agree. I actually think this is the #1 problem for the Heat. Such a let down when wide open shooters are missing spot ups.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Mike Miller is the man they should have never have let him go

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Something tells me all the scrubs (Battier, Allen, chalmers) are gonna start shooting like 60% in the playoffs to bail out lebron

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Something tells me all the scrubs (Battier, Allen, chalmers) are gonna start shooting like 60% in the playoffs to bail out lebron
    This.

I don't expect them to miss wide open 3s for long

This is a serious thread. Take your stupid troll comments elsewhere.

You guys care about the regular season too much. As long as these fools show up in the last two series, I dont give af how much they suck.

So hitting open 3's is considered bailing out? But yes they'll probably hit their shots in the playoffs

Banned

has nothing to do with bailing someone out if they do the only thing they are good for and which earns them millions of dollars every year

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    You guys care about the regular season too much. As long as these fools show up in the last two series, I dont give af how much they suck.
    If the Heat were still playing defense at an elite level I wouldn't really be concerned, but they haven't all season. Being in the bottom 10 in defensive field goal percentage and not being able to hit open 3's is not a recipe for success. Allen and Battier are old and ready to retire, they aren't going to start shooting better just because it's the playoffs. Miami's only hope is to find a way to become elite on defense again.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    If the Heat were still playing defense at an elite level I wouldn't really be concerned, but they haven't all season. Being in the bottom 10 in defensive field goal percentage and not being able to hit open 3's is not a recipe for success. Allen and Battier are old and ready to retire, they aren't going to start shooting better just because it's the playoffs. Miami's only hope is to find a way to become elite on defense again.
    It hasnt matter much, to be honest the Heat had their mojo back until Lebron hit 61 and then started to scrub it up.

Banned

Miamis hope are Oden playing 15-20 minutes in the last two rounds and Beasly playing out of his mind as well as the Big three to do their job.
    LeBron has to completely dominate, none of that giving Wade and Bosh shots in the first half and never get in a rythm.
    Wade has to pick his spots, hit some midrange jumpers and be dominant in the post and on Defense.
    Bosh has to space the floor and hit timely shots as well as being Clutch.
    if Rio and Cole dont shit the bed and all the above happens they will win again.
    quite unlikely tho

This is a serious thread. Take your stupid troll comments elsewhere.
    Says the guy that trolls on a regular basis to "balance out the Lebron/Heat hate"

Beasley and Jones are shooting over 40% from 3

Otherwise agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    So hitting open 3's is considered bailing out? But yes they'll probably hit their shots in the playoffs
    Of course it is considered bailing out. Lebron is the only Heat player who is supposed to score. Kobe's teammates never scored, and neither did Jordan's.