Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal confronts Blake Griffin after the game

Actually, I found the link to that interview:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/...treak-1.801920

[QUOTE]In the time it took for Jose Calderon's free throw to bounce off the rim, ending his run at NBA history, and Jermaine O'Neal to get tossed from the game in a heated exchange, the positive vibes the Toronto Raptors had been building over the previous three games came to a screeching halt.

Former Raptor Charlie Villanueva poured in 26 points and added 13 rebounds to lead the visiting Milwaukee Bucks to a 96-85 win over Toronto that ended the Raptors' three-game win streak.

"We had three victories and we wanted to get on a roll and play well, but we faced a team that obviously looked like and played like they wanted it a little bit more tonight," Raptors coach Jay Triano said.

Chris Bosh had 18 points and nine boards to top Toronto (19-29), while Andrea Bargnani and O'Neal finished with 16 apiece, and Anthony Parker added 12.

Calderon, who was chasing the NBA record for consecutive free throws, saw his run come to an end when he missed the second of two attempts with 3:32 left in the game, eliciting a gasp from the crowd.

"I start over and that's it," said Calderon, who had 11 assists and seven points on the night. "It's no big thing for me. Everybody has to forget about it. It didn't matter to me before and it doesn't matter to me now. I'm mad, not because I missed a free throw, but because we lost the game."

The Raptors went into Friday's game playing some of their best basketball this season, and appeared to have turned a corner after their winning streak putting an end to a miserable seven-game skid.

But they never led Milwaukee by more than six points

Quote Originally Posted by moe94

This dude always getting into shit.
    Yeah, he plays pretty hard and he gets on other people's skin. People would hate playing against guys like Hansbrough, because their pests and relentless despite their athletic limitations.

Dude still hasnt grown up.

blake griffin vs the world

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Blake isnt a boxer hes a baller.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    His prolific high flying posterizing style of play gets so much attention for being embarrassing to opponents who get facialized guys are tryin to send a message like "oh no, ur not clownin me buddy." He also has a really high motor and I think that annoys a lot of guys.

Its not like hes a constant trash talker or a dirty player or anything. I think theres just a lot of resentment of all the attention his style of play gets.
    I think it goes beyond that. Griffin is not just a high flyer relying on his dunking ability. He is becoming a very complete and versatile player. Add that to his freakish athletic ability and you get haters. He is becoming elite and you can see he has a certain confidence and swagger on the court. I really think people are annoyed at him becoming a legitimate star in the league. He plays very physical and that gets under people skin

Dunking on everybody in the park KrizMiz's Avatar

he should have punched the fake ass fa99ot in hin ugly face

Griffin messing with a legend there ... stupid kid

Banned

what the fuq did Griffin do to everyone
    he seems like a very likeable person.
    then again hes an albino,ginger nikkuh

Dunking on everybody in the park

I don't think the NBA could handle if these two teams got into a competitive, seven game Playoffs series. This is just a regular game, imagine the chaos that would ensue in the Playoffs with one of these teams eliminating the other? I think it'd be as close to full scale riots among players that you may ever see.

But there's not rivalry, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MVBallin2K
    I don't think the NBA could handle if these two teams got into a competitive, seven game Playoffs series. This is just a regular game, imagine the chaos that would ensue in the Playoffs with one of these teams eliminating the other? I think it'd be as close to full scale riots among players that you may ever see.

Please, basketball gods, make this so. Would gladly sacrifice a Lebron stan for this.

I rule the local playground PieceOfFelt's Avatar

Jermaine O'neal is in his mid 30's and he's still behaving like a complete jackass. The vitriol directed at Griffin seems to be nothing more than professional jealousy.

NBA rookie of the year

Phoenix Suns game was a turning point. He does not shoot the ball with a low arc anymore. So now hes more confident taking bankshots, fadeaways and pull ups.

Thats why teams are terrified of him.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    Phoenix Suns game was a turning point. He does not shoot the ball with a low arc anymore. So now hes more confident taking bankshots, fadeaways and pull ups.

Thats why teams are terrified of him.
    ... you mean the game a few days ago was the turning point in his career?

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Seems nobody respects Griffin.
    They don't respect him because they want to fight him after the game?

No... They just look like idiots.

Blake would crush the majority of the league in a fist fight. Hes huge, athletic, and strong as shit. Who cares though. Hes one of the few smart players in the league not looking to fight or start anything. Its basketball.
    If you want to fight, go be an MMA fighter.