Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    That's how all of these types of games work though. You want them to give you everything right from the start so you can play a month and then get bored?

It's pretty cool once you get past a few levels. You make money faster and buy land and build things. I'm maxed out on the levels and building shit left and right.
    Not saying that I want everything at once, but if you try customizing the town as you level, you get really behind in the main quests if you weren't already. I figured the most optimal way is to get as many characters as possible for more income. I'm at the higher 30s, but just got bored.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Sunshine State

Next game I get will probably be Infamous.. Then maybe I'll hold out for destiny. I would get MGS Phantom pain but I'm terrible at Metal Gear games

Wanna get Shadow of Mordor and AC Unity too.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Next game I get will probably be Infamous.. Then maybe I'll hold out for destiny. I would get MGS Phantom pain but I'm terrible at Metal Gear games

Wanna get Shadow of Mordor and AC Unity too.
    Me too. I've played ground zeroes a total of one time, and I've had to restart 5 times... damnit. Oh well hard games can be fun, as long as it's your fault when you get caught. If it is just a cheap death or whatever it isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Not saying that I want everything at once, but if you try customizing the town as you level, you get really behind in the main quests if you weren't already. I figured the most optimal way is to get as many characters as possible for more income. I'm at the higher 30s, but just got bored.
    Yeah I hear you. I think it's easiest when you have a lot of buildings so you can collect a ton of taxes and not have rely on character quests to keep going as much. I think I spent everything I had on buying land for no reason a couple of weeks ago, and I already have 700k+ from just logging in once a day on the toilet, collecting all the taxes, and performing the couple of random tasks it tells me to do. I just keep doing it at this point to buy all the available land.

It has literally taken me year to play Red Dead Redemption and I still haven't finished the story line yet lol. I'm finally in Mexico on this playthrough. I have started and deleted a campaign on there a bunch of times and all of the side stuff in the game is really making me take a long time. Tons of places to explore and side missions to do. I've spent a ton of time on the different challenges and just doing random odd jobs like night watch. I've got like 25 hours in and I might be like 40% through.

MAybe the most beautiful game I've ever played tho. There are times where I just have to climb a hill and check out the scenery.

Still haven't played RDR.

I know nobody except maybe one person will care but I feel like posting it. International Cricket 2010 is underrated. It's got some screwy ball physics, and some other annoying perks, but it's the most I've ever enjoyed playing an ODI match in a game. In anticipation of Don Bradman Cricket 14, I've been playing a World Cup campaign with Pakistan, and I had to play Australia and South Africa in my last two matches in the Super 8s. I batted first against Oz and made 270-odd runs, and then methodically took out their top order for well under 200. Then, just like ****ing real life, Hussey starts pounding all of my bowlers. He almost completely took the match until I tricked him with a slower one from Razzaq which ricocheted off his wrist on to his stumps. Then I had my quickie bowl yorkers and bouncers until I bowled out their tail to win by 13 runs. I was sweating bullets.

Then my match against SA I just got slaughtered. All my fielders kept dropping catches (very realistic lol) and I got pounded for 333 runs. Then I had to face a barrage of fast in-swingers and was bowled out for 200. Again, this game is very enjoyable and well paced for ODIs, as long as you're not trying to cheese.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    It has literally taken me year to play Red Dead Redemption and I still haven't finished the story line yet lol. I'm finally in Mexico on this playthrough. I have started and deleted a campaign on there a bunch of times and all of the side stuff in the game is really making me take a long time. Tons of places to explore and side missions to do. I've spent a ton of time on the different challenges and just doing random odd jobs like night watch. I've got like 25 hours in and I might be like 40% through.

Maybe the most beautiful game I've ever played tho. There are times where I just have to climb a hill and check out the scenery.
    I feel ya, I have played it so much but never finished it, I've restarted a bunch of times with the drive to finish it, yet a week later I realised I have gotten no where, and then some other game just comes out I must play, like Last Of Us.

One day I will finish it.

Home of the 16

I've been really watching the Watch Dogs's trailers for a few days now. Caught myself drooling all over my keyboard.

People say that the graphics are horrible. I hope not. It's Next Gen for f* sake.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 03-31-2014 at 12:04 AM.

http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/...ved-88757.html

@Outbreak

Some dude in Dubai has got his hands on DBC14 and his brother is posting screenshots at the link i posted. Early reviews sound incredible.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Still haven't played RDR.

I know nobody except maybe one person will care but I feel like posting it. International Cricket 2010 is underrated. It's got some screwy ball physics, and some other annoying perks, but it's the most I've ever enjoyed playing an ODI match in a game. In anticipation of Don Bradman Cricket 14, I've been playing a World Cup campaign with Pakistan, and I had to play Australia and South Africa in my last two matches in the Super 8s. I batted first against Oz and made 270-odd runs, and then methodically took out their top order for well under 200. Then, just like ****ing real life, Hussey starts pounding all of my bowlers. He almost completely took the match until I tricked him with a slower one from Razzaq which ricocheted off his wrist on to his stumps. Then I had my quickie bowl yorkers and bouncers until I bowled out their tail to win by 13 runs. I was sweating bullets.

Then my match against SA I just got slaughtered. All my fielders kept dropping catches (very realistic lol) and I got pounded for 333 runs. Then I had to face a barrage of fast in-swingers and was bowled out for 200. Again, this game is very enjoyable and well paced for ODIs, as long as you're not trying to cheese.
    I haven't played it in years but I was hooked on it when it launched, i actually ordered the english copy because it came out sooner than the australian version. I used to play full test series in that game, would have spent so many hours on it but it ends up becoming too easy and I'd have to deliberately limit myself to a set amount of runs an over.

Do you play international cricket captain at all? It's the simulator management type game where you develop a team if you don't know it. I always get hooked on that.

I'll have a look at that planetcricket thread now thanks, so pumped for this.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I'm doing a big Bioshock replay. If this is it for the Rapture/Columbia world and these games, it was an awesome experience.

I re-played Bioshock a couple months ago. I started playing through Bioshock 2 today. I never finished it when it first came out. It felt a bit too similar to Bioshock and I eventually got bored. I do appreciate its awesome atmosphere and the overall story though. Moreso now after Infinite. After that, it'll be time to go through Bioshock Infinite again. This time on 1999 mode. I haven't played either of the DLCs as I'm waiting to go through the entire game again first.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I haven't played it in years but I was hooked on it when it launched, i actually ordered the english copy because it came out sooner than the australian version. I used to play full test series in that game, would have spent so many hours on it but it ends up becoming too easy and I'd have to deliberately limit myself to a set amount of runs an over.

Do you play international cricket captain at all? It's the simulator management type game where you develop a team if you don't know it. I always get hooked on that.

I'll have a look at that planetcricket thread now thanks, so pumped for this.
    I actually got IC10 as soon as it came out but it basically collected dust until a year ago. I did a few Test series and it was very tough to make it competitive. I simmed a lot and made one match last 3 days, that's about it. Still, bowling with Asif/Amir/Gul was fun for me. I figured I'd give it one final run with a WC before I switch to DBC, and it turned out to be a lot of fun.

I never played ICC despite hearing a ton of great things about it. I played a trial version of Cricket Coach that was similar and it was very addictive. I managed Sussex and it was a lot of fun. I've often thought about buying ICC now but the only PC I use these days is my work laptop and I'm wary of installing anything on it. Definitely something I can see myself wasting weeks on.

Here's another guy who got the game yesterday and has uploaded a dozen vids already, including a 30 min gameplay video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvVB...KGNKmC9TRCdosE

Sunshine State

I only have a PS4 right now... And I'm really craving to play Last of Us or Bioshock infinite because I never got to, I had a 360 before.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    I only have a PS4 right now... And I'm really craving to play Last of Us or Bioshock infinite because I never got to, I had a 360 before.
    Can't recall if it was the vp or president of ps turkey, but he said that tlou was coming to ps4. I assume he is a legitimate source, not like yoshida saying it, but he is a ps higher up. I too never played left behind, because I have long since moved on from ps3, so I hope he is right.