Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Kobe & Duncan Duo

It also depends on when they team up. Are they both drafted or is Kobe traded to the Spurs?

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    I agree with this. 7 would be a pretty safe guess imo.

99-05': Tim Duncan was incredible, especially in the playoffs. Solid offensively, game changer defensively. Coincidentally, Kobe from 99-03' was at his peak level of defensive intensity. I think they could have easily won 3 during this time period since Kobe/Shaq/Duncan combined for 6 out of the 7 titles during these seasons. I think Duncan takes FMVP in 02' and 03' and Kobe takes MVP in 01' just going off of how they performed during the playoffs during those seasons. I think 3 is a conservative number for this time period since you make Shaq less of a factor by taking away Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    If duncan and kobe had played together, Kobe would now be considered the GOAT and duncan would look like kobe's pippen. Together they would have easily won at least 9 championships.
    What really happened: Kobe became Shaq's Pippen

To answer the OP's question: a lot, providing Kobe doesn't cause any problems (although I don't see the two playing in San Antonio because Kobe would request a trade to LA/NY).

Somewhere between 41-46 rings depending on how the chemistry develops.