Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Toronto Raptors bring back purple jerseys for select games in 14-15 season

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
    Vince defines the Raptors, but that is only because they are a young franchise with no other real superstar players,

But honestly Vince was only borderline superstar anyways, crazy dunks doesn't count, and only winning one playoff first round doesn't/shouldn't get your jersey retired.
    I'm definitely not one of the VC apologists that have come out the woodwork this past year or so but one can't deny that when he was playing at his apex, the guy was a bonadfide superstar {not a borderliner}.

On topic - absolutely LOVE these throwbacks. I say use them as the template for our new design next year.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Toronto Raptors bring back purple jerseys for select games in 14-15 season

Jordan bring em back

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    I'm definitely not one of the VC apologists that have come out the woodwork this past year or so but one can't deny that when he was playing at his apex, the guy was a bonadfide superstar {not a borderliner}.

On topic - absolutely LOVE these throwbacks. I say use them as the template for our new design next year.
    Yep, in terms of league popularity and overall impact on his generation and future ones, I'd say so. Many young players coming through the league lately have said they grew up with Vince as their favorite player. Shabazz Muhammed comes to mind (why he wears #15). Kevin Durant in an interview earlier in his career said Vince was his favorite player. I'm sure there are plenty of others.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

I still have my Stoudamire jersey

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Rip Nba

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    I feel number 15 should be off limits
    Correct.

They still mad, and most of their fans don't fully understand what lead to Vince leaving.

NBA Superstar

Hopefully this means NBA2K will finally include these jerseys in their product. I'm a big fan of creating classic teams in that game and making a 90's Raptors squad is impossible without those dino jerseys.

my body is ready

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Jordan bring em back

LJ

Got this online as well:

The patch and the retros. Been added to the OP.

Banned

About damn time. Those shitty camo things should never come back.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    Correct.

They still mad, and most of their fans don't fully understand what lead to Vince leaving.
    Incorrect.

Vince was clearly the best player for the Raptors so far but that alone doesn't warrant any ceremony or number retirement. He didn't do enough for long enough. Not every team needs to have a number retired. Especially one that has only been around for 20 years.

Is Orlando eventually going to retire Dwight Howard's number? He hasn't been their best player but he did more for that team than Vince did for the Raptors. Retiring his # would be strange though.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Is Orlando eventually going to retire Dwight Howard's number? He did more for that team than Vince did for the Raptors but I thought that would still be odd.
    Yeah, I don't see Howard getting his number retired either, infact someone already has his #12. Shaq, Penny, and McGrady wouldn't get their numbers retired either by the Magic and Shaq was clearly the best player they ever had.

Perhaps one day, if there's a Raptor who has played long enough and had brought the franchise some success, then it would be a guarantee. I've never felt it was a guarantee for Vince, nor should it be.

YEAH keep em comin !!
    man i love these retro jersey man, i mean the dino thing is huge back then with the jurassic park movie.
    really cool to see more n more teams wearing these SICK retros.

looking forward to see bobcats with their retro look jersey vs raptors
    or hawks vs pacers

FCVK EM SLEEVED JERSEYS

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Best jerseys ever