Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Toronto Raptors bring back purple jerseys for select games in 14-15 season

Already posted on the team forum, but thought I would share it here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z33vxEjcokU

http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...jersey-030614/

The Toronto Raptors announced today the return of the team’s original purple jersey for select home games during the 2014-15 season. The throwback uniform will be worn as the franchise celebrates its 20th Anniversary in the National Basketball Association.

“We are excited to bring back a piece of team history as part of our 20th Anniversary celebration,” said Masai Ujiri, President and General Manager of the Raptors. “Our fans have shown affection for the original purple uniform and I think our players will enjoy the chance to wear them next season.”

The front of the uniform top features the unique Raptors font in silver with the team’s dinosaur motif in action with basketball in hand. The uniform showcases the original team colours of Raptor Red, purple, black and Naismith Silver, the latter in honour of Dr. James A. Naismith of Almonte, Ontario, the multi-faceted Canadian who invented basketball in 1891. The uniform also features the unique jagged pinstripe design.

The club will announce details at later dates regarding 20th Anniversary events to be held throughout the 2014-15 campaign.
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 03-07-2014 at 12:08 PM.

I usually hit open layups Project018's Avatar

Default Re: Toronto Raptors bring back purple jerseys for select games in 14-15 season

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Toronto Raptors bring back purple jerseys for select games in 14-15 season

my life is complete

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I feel number 15 should be off limits

Yay, a jersey with a logo on it.

All the newer wave text only jerseys all through the league are so drab and dull.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    I feel number 15 should be off limits
    True, but the franchise never really respected the 15 after Vince left as 2 players have already worn the jersey. Amir Johnson has been rocking the jersey for 5 seasons now. Jorge Garbajosa for 2 seasons before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    True, but the franchise never really respected the 15 after Vince left as 2 players have already worn the jersey. Amir Johnson has been rocking the jersey for 5 seasons now. Jorge Garbajosa for 2 seasons before that.
    It's a shame.

Vince defines the Raptors, but that is only because they are a young franchise with no other real superstar players,

But honestly Vince was only borderline superstar anyways, crazy dunks doesn't count, and only winning one playoff first round doesn't/shouldn't get your jersey retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
    Vince defines the Raptors, but that is only because they are a young franchise with no other real superstar players,

But honestly Vince was only borderline superstar anyways, crazy dunks doesn't count, and only winning one playoff first round doesn't/shouldn't get your jersey retired.
    Yeah, I agree. As much as I do like Vince, he didn't do that much to get his jersey retired. However, I'm wondering if he does come here to sign a deal and then retire. He's said he does have about 2 seasons left in the tank... so who knows ?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Good news, I love those jerseys.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

finally.

one of the best jerseys of all time