Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: What would Durant s PPG be without all the touch fouls?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    How would OP's life be if he wasn't a fggt?
    Repressed homo! Accept it! Accusing others wont help.
    BTW, how does it feel to get Jason Colin'd every day?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    28 MAX on lower efficency.
    what people fail to udnerstand is he doesnt only get AT LEAST 1-2 absolute disgusting BS calls per game but it also changes how they defend him.
    after two BS calls in a row he can cakewalk to his next 3-4 lay ups without anyone daring to come near him.

its the same with harden.
    This! Very important point. After 1-2 bad calls, the defender go easy on durant and doesnt play as aggressive.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

The same guy who was complaining to the refs during the All Star game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gmbhqmX_eo

Serious playground baller Amar'e_Juwanna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    why not bring up Harden then?
    Just because I feel like Melo/Durant is the more apt comparison, and I don't watch a lot of Rockets games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    I can agree with that to an extent...but Durant also dunks a lot of shots at the rim that Melo may miss due to laying it up instead (whether he's hacked or not).

Like I said, Melo certainly does not get all the calls that Durant does...that's not even debatable really. But I think there are factors beyond FTs that separate the two scoring-wise.
    There are. In my opinion, the main factors besides FTs are athleticism and shooting efficiency. Like I said earlier in the thread, Durant definitely surpasses Melo in both of those categories (along with others previously named).
    Athleticism speaks to your first point about dunking vs laying up, regardless of hack. Melo is older, doesn't jump as well, different body. Durant just looks springier, you know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    This! Very important point. After 1-2 bad calls, the defender go easy on durant and doesnt play as aggressive.
    And Durant knows it! This of course allows/encourages him to be more aggressive and confident, which imo what basketball is all about. The refereeing really needs to be examined.

Simmons' most recent NBA Mailbag (from yesterday) illustrates how Silver has taken strides to distance himself from Stern's international foci and try to solve some of the present domestic game's larger issues, reffing (and tanking) among them.
    Last edited by Amar'e_Juwanna; 03-06-2014 at 09:11 PM.