Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: I cannot take this current era of players seriously because of no hand checking

[QUOTE=kuniva_dAMiGhTy]Most fans came away from Bron's 61 point game w/ the thought in mind that he is this amazing player that put on a

Default Re: I cannot take this current era of players seriously because of no hand checking

Yeah it's incredible. Patrick beverley is the only player in the NBA who truly handchecks and he's looked at as a "psycho-thug".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Jordan actually only shot 1 free throw in his entire career and it was a technical. They never called fouls, even if he got hit in the face. Jordan had it tough.

Back then, you could smash a guys face in, and it wasn't even a foul. I mean, imagine an era where you could do something as drastic as breaking a guy's nose without a foul being called.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Yeah it's incredible. Patrick beverley is the only player in the NBA who truly handchecks and he's looked at as a "psycho-thug".
    thats because he actively tries to injure players every game.
    if handchecking was allowed a fraud like harden wouldnt even crack 10ppg so u might just shut up

nobody was allowed to touch "His Airness" either my dear fellow...if you don't know that, you probably didn't watch him play live either. I did

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    nobody was allowed to touch "His Airness" either my dear fellow...if you don't know that, you probably didn't watch him play live either. I did
    Shhhh, they can't handle the truth.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Most fans came away from Bron's 61 point game w/ the thought in mind that he is this amazing player that put on a “clinic” against a top 5 defense.

Lets be real:
    - Bobcats' defense was trash
    - they looked scared to play real defense on LeBron because they didn’t want to get called for fouls
    - they don’t know how to double team / help someone that gets to the basket

I could keep going on. What will ESPN and NBA TV tell folks? LeBron's 61 is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Either way you look at it, these perimeter players today are producing these memories and moments under little if any physical resistance. I get the same feeling and thoughts when I see Kobe, Durant, and even my boy CP3. I have this thought all the time, with everyone. It sucks so bad because I really don’t think we can truly compare today’s perimeter players to past perimeter players unless they blow past perimeter players’ production clean out of the water. Last years ECF, where Paul George looked afraid to put real contact on Lebron was another reminder that there is no real defense being played today.
    This is pretty much the definition of someone whose blinded by nostalgia lol

Like the Pacers Heat series wasnt physical.. a 290lb Hibbert was allowed to bodycheck everyone at the rim w/o getting called for anything. That series was very physical..

And what is Paul George handchecking going to do to Lebron? Hes got like 30+ lbs on him and has four main weapons for scoring, shooting threes, sealing somebody off on the block, fastbreak, or slashing with a running start. Handchecking would do nothing to stop him as you cant hold.. you can only push, and Lebron generates enough force to where he can completely override any small contact.

Joke. MJ got more superstar calls and favorable treatment than Lebron did.. lets be real

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Funny thing is the Free throw rate was higher in the 90s than it is now.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

MJ had 3 consecutive seasons in the 80s where he had more free throw attempts per game than Durant this year...

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    This is pretty much the definition of someone whose blinded by nostalgia lol

Like the Pacers Heat series wasnt physical.. a 290lb Hibbert was allowed to bodycheck everyone at the rim w/o getting called for anything. That series was very physical..

And what is Paul George handchecking going to do to Lebron? Hes got like 30+ lbs on him and has four main weapons for scoring, shooting threes, sealing somebody off on the block, fastbreak, or slashing with a running start. Handchecking would do nothing to stop him as you cant hold.. you can only push, and Lebron generates enough force to where he can completely override any small contact.

Joke. MJ got more superstar calls and favorable treatment than Lebron did.. lets be real
    Do people seriously not remember the current Durant jokes being made about Jordan? Shit like "you can't breathe on him" or "if you stand too close to him, it's a foul". I mean, these kind of things were pretty commonly said about Jordan.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    MJ had 3 consecutive seasons in the 80s where he had more free throw attempts per game than Durant this year...
    people will never concede their own era.. players could be playing in high tech space suits with turbo boosts and jetpacks on 20 ft rims and older fans would be ranting about how much better it was back in their day

Jordan actually only shot 1 free throw in his entire career and it was a technical. They never called fouls, even if he got hit in the face. Jordan had it tough.

Back then, you could smash a guys face in, and it wasn't even a foul. I mean, imagine an era where you could do something as drastic as breaking a guy's nose without a foul being called.
    Ron Artest broke 2 of Wizards MJ' s ribs and he said he "loved the passion". Hell Beverley just broke his nose yesterday and he'll wear a mask Friday. It's sports, there are injuries. Deal with it.

Do people seriously not remember the current Durant jokes being made about Jordan? Shit like "you can't breathe on him" or "if you stand too close to him, it's a foul". I mean, these kind of things were pretty commonly said about Jordan.
    LeBron went months without fouling last year. It works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Ron Artest broke 2 of Wizards MJ' s ribs and he said he "loved the passion". Hell Beverley just broke his nose yesterday and he'll wear a mask Friday. It's sports, there are injuries. Deal with it.
    I don't know what point you're making.