Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Re: Lakers might not rebuild this offseason. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    For one, Kobe is eating up a good portion of salary,

Thats just because of his competitive fire, he just wants to win more than anyone else on the planet.

Lakers still in denial. Loving it

Quote Originally Posted by WallIn
    Lakers still in denial. Loving it

Saying they won't go all out and try to rebuild this offseason is denial?

shhhhhhh

Yeah I don't understand his post either
    Last edited by gts; 03-06-2014 at 02:20 PM.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Melo is destined to be a Bull, aside from the obvious , Carmelo is the only one worth going after in Free Agency and they don't wanna tie up their Cap space with his contract long term, especially if he's not even sure he wants to be here, they made that gamble once already on Dwight and lost potential assets for an old ass Steve Nash.

Even if we don't land Love in 2015, I much rather truly shop in the market of 2015 instead of banking on one FA, for every K.Love there is an Aldridge or Jefferson available anyway.

Good college starter

I've been saying this to my friends. Where do you think they're going to get these players that'll put them in contention? For one, Kobe is eating up a good portion of salary, and two there aren't many free agents to sign that won't hurt their cap in the future if they hope to land stars later. And three they have no major trade assets.

Lakers rebuild is going to take several seasons.
    This is the more realistic point of view. Signing and overpaying someone like Deng for a long term just to push you to playoff will be a terrible move. I rather wait unless Lebron opts out and wants to go Hollywood which is very unlikely.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

they are not doing anything this season cuz carmelo is the only major superstar, and he is not gonna go to LA. Kevin love is there only chance honestly and hes in 2015 summer

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Even when hes faking an injury to avoid the hit to his pride of playing on a d-league level team?

The Lakers should have known better. When there is no winning team around Kobe that he can take credit for with contrived scowls and corny hero catch phrases, he sulks and quits and hides behind "injuries."

Not like I really care, Jim Buss is weak minded and afraid of Kobe, so I have no sympathy for him when he gets hung out to dry by the dude. I understand Kobe has a ton of cache with Buss' customer base but the Lakers are "supposed to" be bigger than any one player. This dude lets Kobe run the Lakers. So do the fans. It really is a cult of Kobe. Mindless people worshipping their hero even as he takes advantage of them. Really does remind me of a cult.
    The Lakers are currently the worst team in the West. What's the point of coming back and risking further injury? Dude has been in the league for 18 seasons, tore his Achilles last year, and fractured his knee after only a few games this year. And you're sitting here saying he's faking an injury because of his pride? Give me a break dude.

You're the same kind of person who, if Kobe did come back, would say that he's selfish and is only playing because he wants to chase Kareem's scoring record. Kobe can't win with haters like you no matter what he does.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    . I rather wait unless Lebron opts out and wants to go Hollywood which is very unlikely.

I dont think its all that implausible. You might wanna see bout gettin your Clippers season tix now just in case.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    The Lakers are currently the worst team in the West. What's the point of coming back and risking further injury?

According to the stans themselves the justification for paying Kobe so much is thats the only way fans will watch or go to games. Remember? "Kobe puts butts in the seats." If thats what hes there for, why is he taking extra time for a minor injury? Dudes career is almost over anyway. If the fans wanna see Kobe, and supposedly that is the ONLY way fans were goin to continue showing up, why isnt he playing?

Good college starter

I dont think its all that implausible. You might wanna see bout gettin your Clippers season tix now just in case.
    I like the Clippers but I am not gonna tickets to watch their games even though they are explosive and exciting team to watch. I bleed purple and gold and even though they are terrible this year, I still buy tickets and watch them at least once a month.

Denial meaning they've signed a 36-year old old hobbled guy to a 48M extension hoping that he will pull them out of a shthole and bring them to the promised land.

According to the stans themselves the justification for paying Kobe so much is thats the only way fans will watch or go to games. Remember? "Kobe puts butts in the seats." If thats what hes there for, why is he taking extra time for a minor injury? Dudes career is almost over anyway. If the fans wanna see Kobe, and supposedly that is the ONLY way fans were goin to continue showing up, why isnt he playing?
    Just stop posting dude.

It's not a minor injury when you take into consideration his age, mileage, and the fact that he had probably the worst injury a basketball player can have less than a year ago.

@the bold: that's the whole point, though. His career is almost over. He's got two years (if he even lasts that long) left. Why risk coming back to a hopeless team for a month and a half when he can just take the year off, continue rehabbing, go through training camp/preseason/etc next year and finish his last two years fresh?

If LeBron were in the same predicament that Kobe is in, you'd want him to sit out the year too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    It's not a minor injury when you take into consideration his age, mileage, and the fact that he had probably the worst injury a basketball player can have less than a year ago.

@the bold: that's the whole point, though. His career is almost over. He's got two years (if he even lasts that long) left. Why risk coming back to a hopeless team for a month and a half when he can just take the year off, continue rehabbing, go through training camp/preseason/etc next year and finish his last two years fresh?
    Bro, you're arguing with a person with an irrational hate towards Kobe , he's gonna make up any shitty excuse to discredit Kobe in anyway.

I thought i'd seen it all on here, but this cat just said he's faking.

Save yourself the trouble, trust me.